Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

26 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

But they don't move during these hours as I've read it here that guys are never successful in that time:pleasantry:

I may avoid "live from the woods' thread as all it does when they are moving hard is pizz me off   Every year I say I'll get a bow and don't   Then, gun season starts and nada for the rut for the most part

Get an xbow. That's what I did in 2011, so I could get in the mix earlier than gun season. I went to PA (state land) 10/31 - 11/4 in 2011 with the xbow and saw like 30 different deer in 5 days. It blew my mind, it was like hunting out west. I was used to my spots in NY where I'm lucky if I see a deer a day.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

But they don't move during these hours as I've read it here that guys are never successful in that time:pleasantry:

I may avoid "live from the woods' thread as all it does when they are moving hard is pizz me off   Every year I say I'll get a bow and don't   Then, gun season starts and nada for the rut for the most part

Get a bow,what are you waiting for? The deer behave completely different before the war starts.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Turkeyfeathers.....I know I have posted almost exactly this before on your posts from previous years. This is my 28th year deer hunting and only my 5th with the bow/xbow. You have no idea what you are missing. I have become a much better hunter in the last 5 years than I ever was in the previous 23 years. Go buy a bow...you don't need so spend huge $$$....Just get something comfortable to you and start shooting it....I don't look forward to gun season at all....I hunt it of course but there nothing like bow season. Wish I had 23 years more experience with it....Go get a bow...can't stress it enough....

• Like 6

I would tend to agree with this but I was in the woods Saturday and Sunday and saw doe with no bucks chasing and a couple different bucks just moving slow...minding their own business. I haven't seen evidence of it yet

Same here saw bucks walking slow and does bedded and acting normal..... just had 4 does feeding calmly in the back yard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, growalot said:

I just love this stand I can sit in it for hours comfortably or stand. Now that I fixed the slippery ladder with the hard ware cloth "cleats" it' a pleasure to climb in and  out of and the platform  is on skid resistant  grating. (Pic).views everywhere

15099953623291750977024.jpg

Is that fiberglass decking? I built some catwalks with stuff that looked just like that .

I think it could be..Mr B said it was used as walk way over something and was chemical resistant..years ago he brought me home throw away pieces and I made stands..got my first bow buck from this stand over 20 years ago

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, zag said:

Busted 2 by stand, one die other I couldn't make out. Just had doe walk thru and hang out about 20 min but nothing else. As I typed a doe ran thru with a small 8pt. Minutes later a small bk came thru

might be time to put phone down and be ready to shoot, no?

Just got in my stand in 8F. I always forget that I need to do some serious trimming work in here until I get in it for the first time of the year. Oh well, I'm out in a good spot. Hopefully any decent buck walks by in one of my open lanes.

Holy crap did the creek rise ! Carried a2x8 to the easiest cross and still barely made it .The ditch ends 300 yards out I’ll walk around it in the dark .

In a ladder a friend left here after he stopped hunting . I never use it to open .At least my odds of seeing deer improves ....

Windy NW the N side of stand gets some movement and I can see cut corn to call or rattle in any in it .

• Like 1

Post rain and temps dropping.  They are moving. But should be tomorrow too.  

Yea we are a little behind you down here... still pouring.... since my son and wife are at camp
With me for the week I thought today we be the best day to sit it out and hang with them.... rain stopping tonight and temps dropping till mid morning tomorrow, should be a great a.m. sit tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1