Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

14 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

If you need to be talked into hunting the first couple weeks of November I dont know what to tell you. Not all does come into heat at the same time, thats why the bucks are "Seeking" and "Chasing". Be out there, it can happen any second

correcto! just because we see a doe with her fawns doesnt mean she wasnt getting chased last night at 1am then again at 4am or even 2 nights ago. Then they regroup .  When she's in her prime 24+ hour estrus you probably wont be the one to witness it.  Be in it to win it

I got completely skunked last night. If you guys could post in the rut report thread any activity you're seeing that would really help me out. I like to have people list the WMU you're in, date and time you see rut activity with a description of what it is. I plan on graphing all the data that I get eventually into a visual representation of type and amount of activity by date.

• Like 2

Sitting in the office...  Man, it reads like it's getting pretty active out in WNY.  Hoping to see some harvest pics this evening.  I'll be in the woods tomorrow mid-day to sundown.  The cold front will be here and settled by then.  Now to plan the hunts...  Good luck to y'all afield!

3 minutes ago, mac said:

correcto! just because we see a doe with her fawns doesnt mean she wasnt getting chased last night at 1am then again at 4am or even 2 nights ago. Then they regroup .  When she's in her prime 24+ hour estrus you probably wont be the one to witness it.  Be in it to win it

a doe in heat or about to be in heat or just coming off of heat should be pretty easy to spot during archery. You can tell by how tired, frazzled or edgy they look. Think college sorority girl walk of shame after a good Saturday night. We all know what her night was like just by looking at her.

A doe who still seems calm, fat and browsing with her offspring isn't ready yet. 

5 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Not to emphasize the point but Phade just had another that we have been chasing for 3 years.  Out of range but moving. 

i bumped my vacation in 8f from today til tomorrow for what appeared to be less windy and cooler temps. man i hope i didn't screw up.

Yes they're moving. Had s small buck cross behind me at about 7:50. Nothing since until I just saw my first shooter of the season. Walked nose to the ground on a mission about 75 yds away. No response to beats or grunts but nice to finally see one of the big boys

Well, this happened at about 10 am this morning. I made a shockingly bad shot that turned out to be shockingly devastating and mortal.

I am converted to Swhackers though. Those things are formidable and deadly.

Glamour shots and full story later when I get cleaned up and back from the processors 

8 Points, looks like a 3 year old by the teeth.

NOV_06_2017_SMALL01.jpg

NOV_06_2017_SMALL02.jpg

NOV_06_2017_SMALL03.jpg

• Like 48

5 minutes ago, Papist said:

Well, this happened at about 10 am this morning. I made a shockingly bad shot that turned out to be shockingly devastating and mortal.

I am converted to Swhackers though. Those things are formidable and deadly.

Glamour shots and full story later when I get cleaned up and back from the processors 

8 Points, looks like a 3 year old by the teeth.

NOV_06_2017_SMALL01.jpg

NOV_06_2017_SMALL02.jpg

NOV_06_2017_SMALL03.jpg

Nice buck!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

And I just had a shooter at about 60yds through brush but couldn't get him closer and Phade just passed on a 105-110 8pt.  That's 3 decent or better bucks seem in the last 30min.   Hunt if you can.  

Headed out when my wife gets home from work @ 2:30!!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

The 11-2 magic hour strikes again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But they don't move during these hours as I've read it here that guys are never successful in that time:pleasantry:

I may avoid "live from the woods' thread as all it does when they are moving hard is pizz me off   Every year I say I'll get a bow and don't   Then, gun season starts and nada for the rut for the most part

• Like 1