Deer drag rope

sbuff

Simply you want, simple you get......

I use an 11-12 foot piece of parachute cord, tieing the two ends together.  Now you just have a hunk of cord tied into a big circle.  

Niw you go and kill a monster buck, right?  Yank that little engineering marvel out if your pocket and loop it anyway you want around that BAB’s neck. Wanna tie the front legs up through the big rack, have at it. I don’t.....

Now, Just search around the area and pick up a little piece of a sapling, branch etc that you can twist into the cord, rather close to the BAB’s Head.  

Start dragging......

CA1357F0-E12A-43EB-AE67-28ECC9866BC5.thumb.jpeg.d2b9a046071bac0d21541e2628c01910.jpeg

Here’s a faux stick twisted in for your viewing pleasure and to help explain the handle deal:

image.jpg

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 2

If you are going to walking in the woods and don't want to carry extra weight don't put the stick on there.  There are alot of sticks in the woods that you can use! If you can afford it get 1" 1.5" parachute webbing it works great super strong and doesn't cut into your hands like rope!

33 minutes ago, biggamefish said:

If you are going to walking in the woods and don't want to carry extra weight don't put the stick on there.  There are alot of sticks in the woods that you can use! If you can afford it get 1" 1.5" parachute webbing it works great super strong and doesn't cut into your hands like rope!

Brilliant...................

Definitely use paracord. When we used bikes to get into public land it wasn't too bulky to keep deer on bike either. Makes quick work when you coast out down hill in some spots. Had trail system though. One drag miles out through a big swamp we used paracord and then tied multiple loops with one at the end. Multiple guys like sled dogs got my buck out in a hurry.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk