Favorite Whiskey Thread

SmokeinTN

JD  straight up chased with beer or water.......I also like  Crown the same way, but it is more expensive...

A Canadian friend turned me on to Forty Creek a couple of years ago, and I like it, but have not found it locally...

In a pinch I can get along very well with BV  or some other blends....I am not a big bourbon fan, but I have had a couple different bourbons that were very good.. ..I also like GOOD scotch, but can't afford it...The cheaper scotch tastes too much like charcoal.

I do like a good Manhattan, but never could understand why someone who likes whiskey would want to mix it with soda pop.

• Like 2

I used to score Pappy's 20 year every year before the "craze." Now, I don't. Still have a splash left in a bottle, though. My buddy sold an empty, that's right, empty bottle of Pappy's 20 year on e-bay for $100. Crazy...

My go-to whiskeys are now:
- Knob Creek Bourbon (must be aired for a bit)
- High West Rye Whiskey
- Caol Ila Scotch Whiskey (rarity, but choice)

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

IMG_7726.thumb.JPG.e5a3dd6a1b1d6b88a8f5e7b05ef0727b.JPGLike Bulliet , Makers Mark and Buffalo trace for a nice muddled old fashioned. Sugar , bourbon , bitters , soda water , oranges and maraschino cherries. 

Tonight at dinner I had one of these 

Not your traditional old fashioned 

IMG_7727.JPG

Never had an old fashioned! Hell, I've never heard of one before... Now I want one!! B)

• Like 2

Damn it! As I was running into the liquor store, I was looking for this post, but couldn't find it! I couldn't remember what nomad suggested. Ended up picking up Evan Williams Honey to try. Cheap and it gets the job done anyways. (Thank God for spell check or you guys might think I have a buzz going already! )

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Evan Williams for the "every day" with a cube. Basil Hayden is one of my all-time favorites. Restaurant Depot liquor department used to carry a bottled called War Eagle which I think was made by Buff Trace- buy a case and it was $10 a bottle. Best cheapest ever but no longer available. Elijah Craig is good too and reasonably priced.four roses decent and cheap...whistling pig and the bullies are a good "special treat" bottle.

The better the bottle the smaller the cube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I previously posted I'm not a whiskey fan.. tried many over the yrs. 

Today I had a Apple pie whiskey. Don't remember what brand it was, but dam was it good.. 

So to all you whiskey fans.. I'm sorry I doubted you... 

• Like 2

In not a big whisky guy. I hit like 20 stores looking for a bottle for an outa state friend of a Hudson Valley distiller that his dad loves so I bought an extra $100 bottle to take with me for a hunting gift to a friend. I tasted it it was ok I guess lol.
Don't pick on my skirt but I have been a fan of Crown and when I tried Crown Vanilla I could throw all the rest away!
My other favorite "stronger drink" is Firefly Caramel Moonshine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

I celebrated my rifle buck by drinking Crown & ginger at my buddy's deer camp for the rest of the day/night.  Good times!

Congratulations on bagging your buck the pressure is off. Enjoy tonight for tommorow will be ruff. Been there a time or two :-)

On 11/21/2017 at 8:12 PM, turkeyfeathers said:

Saw a special on tv other day. Japanese whiskey is supposed to be the best. Anyone try it ? It’s $$ 

See what you’ve done now? 

Just grabbed this, not much of a selection , but I’ll let you know .

2F28F7F2-6253-4995-8E59-91EE1362DBCA.png

• Like 1