New York Game & Fish Magazine

Rebel Darling

Received a subscriptions solicitation from NY Game & Fish Magazine in the mail. Material touts it as uncovering all the best spots in NY - seems like that approach might get redundant.

Anyone subscribe, and, if so, what are your thoughts on the content and writing?

Many thanks, in advance.

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

Actually the conservationist always profiles an area every issue.. use to read old.issues(back to the 60s ) in the library in college.. my currebt property location actually was written up.as a great place for game innthe 60s.. seems to hold true today.. at least i have no complaints

• Like 1

Actually the conservationist always profiles an area every issue.. use to read old.issues(back to the 60s ) in the library in college.. my currebt property location actually was written up.as a great place for game innthe 60s.. seems to hold true today.. at least i have no complaints

I really enjoy The Conservationist. I bring it in to the office to share.

The ad for the above mag, though, was selling me on the feeling that every page was an amazing secret revealed. It also had the feel that it was a national publication tweaked slightly to be NY specific.

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

they did an article on a buck I shot 21yrs. ago not only did they butcher everything I said but they put the location where I hunted something I asked the writer not to do. it was one of those things I regretted to this day. one of my buddy's at work gets it the articles are pretty much the same every issue.

39 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I actually think it isn't even written here. One of my buddies was telling me there is a Michigan and a Minnesota etc edition and they just put out a NY one.  Yeah it sucks.  

NY outdoor news is def a good one. 

^^^ this ^^^

• Like 1

yeah theres alot of editions but they do post local news like stuff from the dec and such. but when they give their reviews of state land its very general and redundant i mean i been reading it for years and its the same old thing but i like the photos  that are posted in the one feature. for better articles  its the conservationist and outdoor news. but while im here i do need to vent lol i been reading the fisherman magazine[ use to be the long island fisherman] since 1974 and its so sad how they act . i mean it took them years to get a website and you cant view anything without paying,they use to charge $1.50  for the magazine then they added more ads and then asked $3.50. i read noreast saltwater and go on their site so much more informative and its free 

• Like 1