17 killed in shooting at high school in Parkland, Florida, authorities say

54 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

With the loadout the officers have in their cars in ny there is no reason 1 cop can't stop the shooting. They have the bullet proof vests, pistols, shotgun, and some cases an AR. No reason with all that gear a police officer can't go in and neutralize the threat.

The only reason would be they didn't bring their balls with them.

• Like 3

With the loadout the officers have in their cars in ny there is no reason 1 cop can't stop the shooting. They have the bullet proof vests, pistols, shotgun, and some cases an AR. No reason with all that gear a police officer can't go in and neutralize the threat.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I believe there was a ruling that police actually are under no requirement to act.

The police are under no obligation to protect you.  Add to that tragedy  the government prohibits your right in many states and places to carry a concealed weapon to protect yourself.  The same government that surrounds itself with Secret Service, police and access to carrying concealed weapons. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/justices-rule-police-do-not-have-a-constitutional-duty-to-protect.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia

1 hour ago, Papist said:

Was there a stand-down order?

Great point.  

Just like Barry and Hillaries screw up with Benghazi that allowed our embassy to be destroyed and four Americans murdered with NO retaliatory strike against the militants, we may never know the truth.  Imagine what the outrage against the police leaders would be if this is true and that they could have save all if not some of those innocent lives?

I am confident in saying that the ARMED deputy at the school at the time of the shooting is a COWARD, stand down order or not.

It is a shame what is happening down in South Florida the same clowns  that messed  up parts of the North East now are running things there .

And that is why you have nut jobs on medication like that kid let loose on the streets and nobody did anything not even watch him after dozens of FBI  police  and school tips  that he was up to no good .

Then they blame the tool he  happened to use as if the gun made him do it . 

Edited by Storm914

8 hours ago, Doewhacker said:

Hell of a conspiracy in that one. Surprised it took this long to cook that up. You’re slacking. 

What was the tip-off? The first paragraph?

Here is what happened. When this was organized, Deep State arranged for their deputies to be on duty in that sector, and they had orders to stand down. Maybe they timed the attack, maybe they jiggled the duty roster, but they made sure the Deputies who would be called to the scene first would be their Deputies. I know because I believe I have seen something similar before.

• Haha 1

Stand down order or not, I'm not sure I would have been able to just sit and watch and in no way am I an LEO. 

I'm a technology teacher in a larger district with around 300 students per a class. I can tell you in an active shooter situation we are supposed to shelter in place even if there is a fire alarm going off along with announcements giving the all clear. I'm not sure if this is a statewide practice or not obviously not a practice in the Parkland District.

• Like 1

The Parkland narrative unravels further

In addition to the one four Broward County deputies who were sitting on their hands rather than intervene in the recent school shooting, eyewitness reports are increasingly disproving every aspect of the Official Story. Why, for example, was the son of a police officer wearing a bulletproof vestduring the attack?

http://voxday.blogspot.com/2018/02/the-parkland-narrative-unravels.html

At this point, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that Cruz's AR-15 was never even fired. And frankly, this false flag appears to have been so ineptly staged that it also wouldn't be a surprise to be informed that the ballistics eventually prove the rounds that were fired at the school were neither .223 Remington nor 5.56×45mm NATO. Which may be the reason why the school is being demolished.

Demolishing the school seems to be par for the course in terms of making sure no contrary evidence is ever discovered. Can you believe they are demolishing a whole school building?

Edited by Papist
  • Haha 1

“I suddenly saw the shooter about twenty feet in front of me standing at the end of the hallway actively shooting down the hallway, just a barrage of bullets, and I’m staring at him thinking why are the police here,this is strange because he’s in full metal garb, helmet, face mask, bulletproof armor, shooting this rifle that I’ve never seen before,” Lippel told Good Morning America last Wednesday.

Edited by Papist

On 2/23/2018 at 7:20 PM, Wilderness said:

If a teacher is armed they must be trained, capable of knowing enough hand to hand combat to repel some violent student from taking their weapon from them, AND most importantly they must be able to aim at and kill an armed assailant without hesitation. 

The last part where "they must be able to aim at and kill an armed assailant without hesitation" is the most critical.  Anyone who had the displeasure of using deadly force in combat, law enforcement or self defense knows it is a dark feeling to kill another human being even though it was necessary.  

this is why we need guards and not armed teachers. What kind of people do you think become teachers? not many like us. My mom was a teacher her whole life, married to a man and had a son that owned and used firearms. Not her thing, and you don't want her with a gun. You think you get target panic deer hunting? Imagine being a teacher in a mass shooting event? F*ck the cop outside even hid and that mother f'r was trained!

32 minutes ago, Belo said:

this is why we need guards and not armed teachers. What kind of people do you think become teachers? not many like us. My mom was a teacher her whole life, married to a man and had a son that owned and used firearms. Not her thing, and you don't want her with a gun. You think you get target panic deer hunting? Imagine being a teacher in a mass shooting event? F*ck the cop outside even hid and that mother f'r was trained!

I guess I can't get behind the comments that all teachers would NOT be capable. Just like I can't get behind the call to use previous military. I think many of them would not be capable.  Hell after their initial training, how many just fly desks?  This event also proved that not all LEO's are capable as well. Many of them go through their careers not having to take that kind of action as well.  That said I am sure there are very capable people in all 3 pools that could act appropriately. 

Nothing that happens to try and stop this will be fool proof. Just like everything else, the evil will find a way around any measures we put in place. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Belo said:
On 2/23/2018 at 7:20 PM, Wilderness said:

If a teacher is armed they must be trained, capable of knowing enough hand to hand combat to repel some violent student from taking their weapon from them, AND most importantly they must be able to aim at and kill an armed assailant without hesitation. 

The last part where "they must be able to aim at and kill an armed assailant without hesitation" is the most critical.  Anyone who had the displeasure of using deadly force in combat, law enforcement or self defense knows it is a dark feeling to kill another human being even though it was necessary.  

You call me a "loser"?  How sad. Next time take time to completely read the post.

If you did you would have read the "If" in the statement "If a teacher is armed they must be trained, capable of knowing enough hand to hand combat to repel some violent student from taking their weapon from them, AND most importantly they must be able to aim at and kill an armed assailant without hesitation. "

Your's and your friends juvenile remarks are so sad.  You and your friends should try contributing something intelligent to the conversation.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Belo said:

Don't just assume because of what you hear there aren't people that would be capable of being an armed teacher in a school. I know many would not want that responsibility but would be more than capable. It all depends on the district, we are a split rural/city district and about 1/3 of the teaching population is conservative and hunt or own firearms. So you can't paint every district with a broad brush heck my wife's district is all rural about 1/4 are liberal teachers and most still own firearms and/or hunt. I would be willing to bet there are more than you think.

Another thing .... Don't make it common knowledge as to what teacher might be armed . Better that the students don't know . Any armed teacher should be very knowledgeable in gun safety and be able to shoot a perpetrator if necessary . Don't use concealed carry if you aren't able to shoot when it's needed . 

21 hours ago, Belo said:

I have not heard anyone advocating that teachers should be mandated to be armed. In fact they would be much more effective if the shooter didn't know which one was armed. I guess if that cowardly cop taught us anything, it would be that it's not wise to put all your eggs in one basket.

Having said all that, in addition to having anonymous armed teachers, janitors, and such sprinkled throughout the internal adult population, I am still in favor of having at least one armed cop at a single check point entrance with metal detector devices.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Another thing .... Don't make it common knowledge as to what teacher might be armed . Better that the students don't know . Any armed teacher should be very knowledgeable in gun safety and be able to shoot a perpetrator if necessary . Don't use concealed carry if you aren't able to shoot when it's needed . 

Just like the air martials, you never know which passenger it is.