17 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

I would draw the line at sniper rifles , basically bolt action rifles with scopes and capable of accurately shooting a few hundred yards .

Nobody needs one of those ,plus I don’t own one so it’s ok. .

Just WOW. Who defines needs and what criteria is used? I heard almost that exact same "logic" the other day from my ex-wife. I asked her what car she drives. Lexus. OK, I said you don't need a Lexus, get a Fiat... it's cheaper and more fuel efficient. She said no, she likes and wants her Lexus. I said Bingo! She said... but guns kill people. I said... cars don't? Guns are inanimate objects. It's the person behind it that can become the problem. Did the spoon make Rosie O'Donnell fat?

Edited by bugsNbows
spelling

So what feature would make a firearm “assault style” in your world?
The first time said firearm when out on it's own without human intervention and assulted somebody, then it could be legally be deemed an "assult style" firearm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, bugsNbows said:

Just WOW. Who defines needs and what criteria is used? I heard almost that exact same "logic" the other day from my ex-wife. I asked her what car she drives. Lexus. OK, I said you don't need a Lexus, get a Fiat... it's cheaper and more fuel efficient. She said no, she likes and wants her Lexus. I said Bingo! She said... but guns kill people. I said... cars don't? Guns are inanimate objects. It's the person behind it that can become the problem. Did the spoon make Rosie O'Donnell fat?

Exactly! Who gets to decide types of guns and capacities, apparently some guys here do, as they’ve said so and as long as they don’t own one it’s ok .

If you read any of my posts you would know where I stand , and that I often use satire .....

8BBF4F16-B5C4-453D-9375-E07D95F20F7B.png

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 1

On 3/24/2018 at 8:00 PM, Storm914 said:

If I'm not mistaken the guys who have all the records for most confermed  kills in war snipers,  all used bolt guns .

So those will be next I guess .

Doesn't matter the action guns are the game plan and they are going to try and take them plain and simple. 

Here is an article and a speech by a teen at the March on DC over gun control. "Give an inch, we will take a mile." her words and what they are trying to do. It isn't some conspiracy someone cooked up they (anit's) want to get rid of all guns it shouldn't be a shock to anyone.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/delaney-tarr-march-for-our-lives_us_5ab678d8e4b0decad04a5df7 

And to stay on topic, No regulations other than Background checks. Even those will keep a small amount of guns out of criminals hands. They need to figure out a way to incorporate domestic violence and mental illness depending on the classification of mental illness. There would need to be some sort of classification like suicidal, homicidal and/or ect. that would put someone in to a threat factor and should be excluded from being able to legally purchase a firearm.

Edited by chas0218
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

So what difference do you see between that and this

Image result for Picture of Remington 7400

Well if I where in a room with 30 people I know which gun I would rather put up a fight against,, after 5 shots I may have my opportunity,, insted of dropping a clip and having 30 more in seconds..

How about you ??? and Im not against these guns my son has one and his concelled carry as well..

I question the accessibility of it to people that shouldn’t own even a BB gun..

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:31 PM, Bowshotmuzzleloader said:

I don’t own handguns or assault style weapons but I think maybe it would be a good idea if purchasing assault style weapons requied a pistol permit to obtain may not be a bad way to go about it instead pf banning...

Please, no more registrations!

37 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

Doesn't matter the action guns are the game plan and they are going to try and take them plain and simple. 

Here is an article and a speech by a teen at the March on DC over gun control. "Give an inch, we will take a mile." her words and what they are trying to do. It isn't some conspiracy someone cooked up they (anit's) want to get rid of all guns it shouldn't be a shock to anyone.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/delaney-tarr-march-for-our-lives_us_5ab678d8e4b0decad04a5df7 

We already have brainwashed politicans dictating to us what is best for us, now we have juveniles that are also wanting to set a agenda for law abiding citizens.These kids are nothing more than a mouthpiece for the left gun hating community.Remember these are the same group that eats dish soap because of the way its packaged.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 52 farmer said:

We already have brainwashed politicans dictating to us what is best for us, now we have juveniles that are also wanting to set a agenda for law abiding citizens.These kids are nothing more than a mouthpiece for the left gun hating community.Remember these are the same group that eats dish soap because of the way its packaged.

Who  do you think paid for those kids to show up the left it is all staged 

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Bowshotmuzzleloader said:

Well if I where in a room with 30 people I know which gun I would rather put up a fight against,, after 5 shots I may have my opportunity,, insted of dropping a clip and having 30 more in seconds..

How about you ??? and Im not against these guns my son has one and his concelled carry as well..

I have a mag that will fit that gun and hold more than 5 rounds. Either way the one pictured will shoot just as fast and with a lot bigger bullets.

Edited by chas0218

4 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Bottom line we really dont need anymore gun laws 

With over 20'000 federal & state gun laws already on the books, we don't need more.  What we need is enforcement of the laws we already have along with a the justice system & judges to enforce them!  Also the reporting & the government red tape needs to keep up with it!

43 minutes ago, Bowshotmuzzleloader said:

Why to you think you would have an opportunity after 5 with the one I posted? Do you realize that both guns function the same way and actually the photo of the one I posted is much more powerful than the one you did? or is your real issue the "clip"?

How about this one? is this an assault weapon?

Image result for Remington 7400 high capacity magazine

• Like 1

If some one wants to kill lots of people they will plan it out so they can do that with what ever weapon they can get so for example if the crazy nut job has just a bolt action he will just find a crowded spot that he can shoot  at from a distance and take out just as many as if he used a AR 15 at close range anyway   you got to stop the people not the weapon. 

These  kids got it all backwards .

And btw someone could  probably do as much damage with a double barrel and buck shot .

Because lets be real if you got no gun It  don't matter if you up against 1 2 20 shot mag 

You can't run faster  then it will take to reload anyway 

Edited by Storm914

6 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

If some one wants to kill lots of people they will plan it out so they can do that with what ever weapon they can get so for example if the crazy nut job has just a bolt action he will just find a crowded spot that he can shoot  at from a distance and take out just as many as if he used a AR 15 at close range anyway   you got to stop the people not the weapon. 

These  kids got it all backwards .

Because the only place they get their info is from the misinformed otherwise they wouldn't be doing these "protests".

3 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

Because the only place they get their info is from the misinformed otherwise they wouldn't be doing these "protests".

You can single  load most  guns in like 1 sec so It  don't matter if your not armed anyway  right ? 

And people in a,panic will not react more then likely to do anything if there not armed .

They have an issue they're apparently passionate about. Fine. I applaud that. But they have zero ability to define the issue in any real way. This is the mentality of our youth today. "Someone, like, told me to, like, protest against it so I, like, came with my, like, friends to protest against it." No debate, no dialogue, no rational thought or reason. They want to ban something when they can't even define what it is they want to ban.

My hand is an assault weapon if I use it to assault someone. Your pet guinea pig is an assault weapon if you use it to assault someone... Or your hair brush, or your jar of hair styling gel. At least be serious about your terminology if you want to try to solve big problems. I find it incredibly annoying.

• Like 1

I just want to follow up on my previous post. Has anyone ever heard a viable definition of the term "assault weapon"? Other than the standard, "It looks scary and it looks like it's military"? Which could apply to many of the people on the planet, BTW.

I've been on the phone for a couple of days with gun experts, LEO's and former military personnel I know trying to find out what the definition is. They don't know. What I'm finding is that it's politicians who use the term. Hmmm!