Fishing - How many of you fish? Want to see more fishing forums?

burmjohn

Do you Fish?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Fish?

• Yes! (add a comment and tell us what kind)
    • Nope

I love all kinds of fishing...

I do lots of fishing on local streams,ponds and lakes ( Finger Lakes area)... I fish for trout, pike, walleyes, bass ( mostly smallies) and especially panfish...I'm planning to fish Honeyoye lake Wednesday for bluegills..

I used to a lot of ice fishing, but the last few years I have not done a lot..Getting too old to endure the cold...

I  live quite a way from salt water, but I usually make a couple trips to fish salt water each year..This year I fished a day in the Gulf of Mexico, out of Florida, and I'll be doing a 3 day cod trip out of Mass. in June..

Pigmy, I fished Honeyeo lake last Saturday, 1st time I was ever there. We caught a lot of Rock Bass on rubber worms (black). Only caught 1-Sun Fish, and a ton of Large mouth, and Pike. We could have been fishing the wrong area. We fished  along the shore directly across from the launch area.

There was a lot of boat traffic. Had to wait a half hour to put the boat in.

Lots of people fishing.

Good Luck I hope you do well ;)

I am into river and stream fishing for trout. I fish the West Branch Delaware for big browns and rainbows. I like to fish the Salmon River for steelhead. I am not into salmon fishing because when you hook into one, all it is a tug of war,no real fight.

fishing was my 1st introduction to the great outdoors - had an uncle that took me out on lake ontario on weekends- some of my best childhood memories - I still fish, ponds & lakes - not a lot - but still enjoy it

• 3 weeks later...

I fish for striped bass off Long island NY and it is apparent that the current regulations have resulted in high grading. Big fish are no longer plentiful. J hooks should be outlawed as they contribute to the mortality of undersized fish.

[*] Cold Water Species - Trout & Salmon

[*] Warmwater Species - Bass, Walleye, Pike

[*] Saltwater - Long Island Sound - Jones Beach - Montauk

[*] Great Lakes - Ontario, Eriie, and Tributaries 

[*] Lake Champlain & Tributaries  Finger Lakes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mostly stream fishing. Cattauraugus creek for trout, bass, catfish and carp, and Conewango Creek (dredge) for pike, muskey and large mouth. A really nice fishing forum is Sanders Fishing Guides http://forums.sandersoutdoors.com/default.aspx. It's a lot like this site only for fishing. Lots of smart guys and really helpful. Word of advice though DO NOT POST SPECIFIC FISHING LOCATIONS. Lol you'll get scolded for sure.