weed whackers

Jeremy K

I have the ryobi 40 volt weed eater and love it, going on my third year with it and it’s been flawless. I had a ryobi 2 stroke for about 15 years and the wife hated it. She could never get it started, the 40 volt has plenty of power and the wife just has to press a couple of levers and it’s running.. 

I am a Stihl user myself.  We run Redmax, Stihl, and Husqvarna at work for weedwhackers.  They stihl has held up way better than Redmax, and so far I am not impressed with the Husqvarna for weedwhackers, still brand new though.  I run Stihl at home myself, had it for 6 yrs, trouble free, and always starts.

5 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

I have a great Echo 4cyl that my wife won’t use. I’d like to buy a battery unit for her to use.  Stihl or Husky??

What an idiot........it's a 2 stroke machine.  That's what I get for posting in a hurry, at WORK!

1 hour ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

was a guest on Bob Lonsberrys radio show for 20 minutes .

Retirement is hard work !!!

You GOTTA be kidding me?  Three times this morning I tried to get 1180am on TWO different vehicles; my personal truck and a work truck.  ASK Bob WTF is going on, did they dial things back for some crazy reason?

I would have liked to hear that Larry, what a treat if I caught it while driving over in my neck of the woods!

Does he rebroadcast the shows?

• Like 1

I have 2 Stihl; one a commercial strait shaft that will take a saw blade and a little bent shaft homeowner type.

I use the little one all the time. Just needed a primer bulb for it, first repair ever on it. Dealer said it was 17 years old and found a generic one on line for $3. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I love his show.  I usually catch some of it on my way home from work.  I like the way he thinks.  Sorry I missed you on it.  Very cool

https://wham1180.iheart.com/

Podcast - bob Lonsberry- Thursday - second hour , start at about 3:30 minute mark 

They have it listed wrong it says “Tuesday the 29th “ it’s really Thursday .....

ill try to post the pod cast in General section if I can figure out how to ....

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 4

On 5/29/2018 at 4:38 PM, landtracdeerhunter said:

I use one of these.  No operators manual required.

grass shears.jpg

I grew up with that torture device and its cousin -

image.thumb.png.e1f807c0394b5873b844c0231af5faac.png

Used to curse my grandfather under my breath on Saturday's. To his credit, the tough old guy kept using them until his death at 89.

Anyway, love my Stihl.

Edited by left field

On 5/29/2018 at 7:59 PM, Bionic said:

I am a Stihl user myself.  We run Redmax, Stihl, and Husqvarna at work for weedwhackers.  They stihl has held up way better than Redmax, and so far I am not impressed with the Husqvarna for weedwhackers, still brand new though.  I run Stihl at home myself, had it for 6 yrs, trouble free, and always starts.

I'm the opposite, I've got several high end stihls in my boneyard that aren't working fixing. Some only lasted 2 yrs. Won't buy another one. Can stand em.  My Redmax keep running. Got 3 of em.  The one is probably 5 yrs old. It's the largest one they made at the time. Use that one with a blade or for the really nasty stuff. Mid size and the smaller one are 3 yrs old and running great. 

I have owned quite a few brand name trimmers and without a doubt this is the best. Starts easy, very dependable, and plenty of trimming power. You can add a brush cutter blade and cut some pretty heavy stuff and it comes with a 5 yr. warranty.

I am starting my 6th year with mine and it runs just as good as the day I bought it. I would not hesitate to buy

another.  With Father's day coming there will probably be some sales on them.

ECHO SRM-225 String Trimmer, 21.2CC, 17 In. Cut Width   

echo.jpg

I determined the problem with the 40 volt dewalt was the battery was too low to turn the charger on ? Had to jump it off another 40 volt battery to get the volts high enough for the charger to start working when the battery is on the charger.