Which hot dogs?

MPHunter

Daughter who lives in Buff, is coming home this weekend. She said remind me to bring Zweigels back to Buff.

I said aren’t you supposed to eat Sahlens now ? She said she wants to test the two with her friends up,there .

Sorry, guys not giving out the address !

• Like 4

On 6/21/2018 at 9:29 PM, MPHunter said:

Is that not the real deal? Its what Wegmans had....Let me know because I want to eat what all you guys have been talking up...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Zweigels has skinless and natural casing. I prefer the natural casing ones, but the skinless are good too. You really need the variety pack with reds and whites in it.

25 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Zweigels has skinless and natural casing. I prefer the natural casing ones, but the skinless are good too. You really need the variety pack with reds and whites in it.

Casing is the only way to go.  You need to be under 10 years old to want skinless!

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:49 PM, Fletch said:

Ok I had the Zweigle's and its a good dog but sorry my western buddies not the best.

The Wardynski jalapeño cheddar dogs were definitely real good but I feel it is unfair to rate a specialty dog against a straight up dog.

The Hoffman coneys are certainly good if you like coneys, and I do.

For me my Glaziers still hold my top spot for a straight up real casing dog.

I will find some Sahlen's though and give them a shot.

Don't get me wrong I would have any of these dogs and a beer with ya all! We all have our own tastes and I would hate for you all to buy up my Glaziers and cause a shortage or price increase!!

Ok, I feel so bad for you.  When were your taste buds injured?  Ok I have never tasted the others, but Zweigles are still the best!  lol 

50 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Daughter who lives in Buff, is coming home this weekend. She said remind me to bring Zweigels back to Buff.

I said aren’t you supposed to eat Sahlens now ? She said she wants to test the two with her friends up,there .

Sorry, guys not giving out the address !

General location? Cross Street? something, anything? 

Kidding, I wouldn't know what to do anyways. 

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Found the skinless Zweigles and gave them a try. OK but not great. Maybe the natural casing are better. Hoffman''s and White Eagle's still on top for me. Also picked up some Sahlens last trip to Buffalo. Gonna give them a try sometime soon. 

• Like 2

Ok, I feel so bad for you.  When were your taste buds injured?  Ok I have never tasted the others, but Zweigles are still the best!  lol 

Musta hit yourself in the head with that recurve!! Glaciers kill Zweigles!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Thought this would be interesting for this thread. Written in May, but showed up on my FB newsfeed today. I thinks it's national hot dog day?

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/lifestyle/rocflavors/2018/05/22/best-rochester-hot-dog-taste-test/595210002/

That was interesting. I agree with the comments about regions. I live in wny and Sahlens are the only dogs my wife will buy. When I did my taste test she wouldn't even try one! The Zweigles were good, but i really liked the Hoffmans white hots. Not the same so really not a true comparison.

Today is National Hot Dog day, Ted's is having regular Hot dogs for .91 each. I believe they serve Sahlens? 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, since I started this thread asking what people's favorite hot dogs are, I have had hot dogs from across the upstate I-90 corridor. Based on other's recommendations, Sahlen's from Buffalo and Zweigle's from Rochester. My two favorites, Hoffman's from Syracuse and White Eagles from Schenectady. And even a couple packs of good old Ball Parks. My verdict is in..........White Eagles hands down. 

Edited by MPHunter
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

OK .... staying on topic but just off topic (if that's possible)  I put Ketchup on my dogs .... anyone else ?

Taste test was condiment free but I am a mustard fan on dogs unless they are hots and potats.   

Finally cooked up the Sahlens.  Excellent dogs.  In fact, they were deemed different but equally good  to zweigles by 2 of us and better than zweigles by 2.   Hope they sell them here as my wife wants more.   Thanks TF!

Looks like we have a convert on our hands. Mark a win in Sahlens column

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1