shooting question

tommyc50

hey guys I need your input well for a while my both bows to shoot I had to turn my face to the right  and smash the string in my face just to see the pins and even then its not on the bull and I have to move all over the place trying to get the 20 yd pin on the bull consequently im  punching the release . I cant tell you how many arrows I lost @ the range hitting the wood on the side of the target and upstate in the grass. When I draw the bows  im looking at the rail not @ the pins. I'm so frustrated I was going to give up the bow I really don't want to shoot if im not on my game and wound an animal. I don't know if coming down with diabetes has anything to do w/ it . Well the guy @ my pro shop help me on my old bow a pse 2008 deerhunter and it seemed to correct it a little . so I did the same on my 2015 bear I moved the rest to the right and the site to the right and everything lined up but maybe you can see something else is wrong

51 minutes ago, tommyc50 said:

hey guys I need your input well for a while my both bows to shoot I had to turn my face to the right  and smash the string in my face just to see the pins and even then its not on the bull and I have to move all over the place trying to get the 20 yd pin on the bull consequently im  punching the release . I cant tell you how many arrows I lost @ the range hitting the wood on the side of the target and upstate in the grass. When I draw the bows  im looking at the rail not @ the pins. I'm so frustrated I was going to give up the bow I really don't want to shoot if im not on my game and wound an animal. I don't know if coming down with diabetes has anything to do w/ it . Well the guy @ my pro shop help me on my old bow a pse 2008 deerhunter and it seemed to correct it a little . so I did the same on my 2015 bear I moved the rest to the right and the site to the right and everything lined up but maybe you can see something else is wrong

Could you take a full body photo at full draw/ anchored and post it? 

I'm going out on a limb, but I'm thinking you meat seeing the pins through a peep hole.

I'm left eye dominant but right handed, and I shoot everything right handed with left eye closed. I cannot ever remember having an issue with the string "mashing" into my face, or not seeing the pins through a peep when I draw. When I get the draw cycle complete my anchor points are right on, I see only the pins. Is it possible your string has twisted and you may have to have the peep re-aligned?

2 hours ago, grampy said:

I've been type two diabetic for over 15 years, that hasn't effected my bow shooting at all.

Have you tried drawing the bowstring to the tip of your nose, to get a good sight picture? And be sure you are using the dominant eye for aiming. 

yeah that's what I always did then all of a sudden I couldn't see the pins so I moved my face to right side and smash the string on the left side of my nose and face and look out of the side of my right eye just to see the pins though the peep. I line ever thing up like I always did  and couldn't get a site picture I just don't understand what happened but 2yrs ago I couldn't see everything was blurry so I went to the doctor and my sugar was over 400 and my a1c was like 9.7 so I was put on metformin and Januvia my eyes came back but I had this problem shooting .Oh yeah I shoot my recurve fine .

3 hours ago, Rob... said:

I'm going out on a limb, but I'm thinking you meat seeing the pins through a peep hole.

I'm left eye dominant but right handed, and I shoot everything right handed with left eye closed. I cannot ever remember having an issue with the string "mashing" into my face, or not seeing the pins through a peep when I draw. When I get the draw cycle complete my anchor points are right on, I see only the pins. Is it possible your string has twisted and you may have to have the peep re-aligned?

21 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Sounds like you may have a peep problem. Maybe it is twisting on you when you draw. I personally never use one because I have found them to be unreliable but I know a lot of guys like and use them.

Same thing I was thinking.

draw in a safe direction with an arrow nocked. keep your eyes closed. anchor how it feels familiar and comfortable then open your eye. the peep should be there if not it may have slid up or down the string somehow. if the peep is there and just rotated then have a shop shift strands from one side of the peep to the other keep equal strands on both sides. otherwise string might need to be replaced.  if a strand broke you might not see it. especially under center serving. if it's exposed and broken after you shoot you'll see it the fraying. it has to release from the wax that should be on your string.