Awesome Supreme Court Justice pic

5 minutes ago, eaglemountainman said:

"Just as an aside, If President Trump had nominated Merrick Garland the outcome would be the same. Venom, vitriol and hatred."

Now? Not so sure. Without the previous nom? Probably.

The system is broken. This equal but diametrically opposed two party approach to governance is akin to watching a football game where the ball is moved back and forth, a few yards on each side of the 50 yard line.

It will be quite interesting to see how and who the FBI will be investigating through this very brief period. From my limited understanding, the White House dictates the work of the FBI- will the FBI be charged to put as much energy investigating Ford as Kavanaugh?

It also seems that this delay and stall tactic has no end as the FBI will not make a final interpretation of the findings. That goes back to this same committee of partisan pee-holes. Dems will say not enough time; still more questions need to be asked; Reps will say we have enough; innocent until proven guilty. And both Ford, Kavanaugh, and countless others related to both will be dragged through the mud.

One thing this process did accomplish is it casted doubt on what seems to be a stellar judge. Can the SC have a justice with such a marred reputation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, crappyice said:

It will be quite interesting to see how and who the FBI will be investigating through this very brief period. From my limited understanding, the White House dictates the work of the FBI- will the FBI be charged to put as much energy investigating Ford as Kavanaugh?

It also seems that this delay and stall tactic has no end as the FBI will not make a final interpretation of the findings. That goes back to this same committee of partisan pee-holes. Dems will say not enough time; still more questions need to be asked; Reps will say we have enough; innocent until proven guilty. And both Ford, Kavanaugh, and countless others related to both will be dragged through the mud.

One thing this process did accomplish is it casted doubt on what seems to be a stellar judge. Can the SC have a justice with such a marred reputation?

Bigfoot #1 on the list :)

1 hour ago, left field said:

Now? Not so sure. Without the previous nom? Probably.

The system is broken. This equal but diametrically opposed two party approach to governance is akin to watching a football game where the ball is moved back and forth, a few yards on each side of the 50 yard line.

If he acts  with no emotion the left will still criticize him.

He and any nominee will be screwed for now on the other side will be forced to pull the same dirty tricks as the dems did this time any rumor with no proof will be enough to get you kicked off . It's a bad precedence that's being set here  .

That being said I think having a fast FBi investigation looking into Ford's claims is not a bad thing as long as it's not done just as a delay tactic.  To try and stop trump from picking someone to fill the spot . There has to be time for trump to pick someone else if needed .

Edited by Storm914

23 hours ago, Rob... said:

I never got to hear any of Fords lies. I had a few things to get done in the woods this morning ( I hated being in the woods this close to the season opener ). I also only caught part of Kavanaugh's 'testimony'. Yard work and so on.

But what I saw of Kavanaugh did seem like he was telling the truth, and distraught about the impact this had on him and his families lives. He answered questions firmly and point plank, or at least as much as any politician will. But as he stated himself, this will never go away no matter what for him and his family.

I'm not sure where this whole smeer will end up, but the Republicans sure seem to have Kavs back.

14 hours ago, philoshop said:

It will never end. Hillary called us "deplorable and irredeemable". That wasn't an aberration. That was a statement, made intentionally to set the tone for all further discussion.

Even lifelong friends have chosen to no longer associate with me. I'm already over it, though,  because it's impossible for me to consider that we were ever actually "friends" in the first place if something as trivial as a political disagreement would end the association. Who would ever stand up and say, "After 45+ years of friendship, living and working together, suffering through mutual hardships and consoling one another during tough times, I can no longer be your friend because we disagree politically."? I have a couple of people who have said that to me, and that's really screwed up.

Lindsey Graham's statement at the witch trial, er, Congressional hearing today was very good:

Have you joined the rest of the bat shit crazy folks on here? By "smeer" I meant the left going to extremes to not allow Kavanaugh into the seat. I was in no way giving you grief.

Governor Andrew Cuomo was quoted as saying that Judge Brett Kavanaugh should take a polygraph.
Funny how Cuomo did not include the women accusing Kavanaugh of crime of needing to take a polygraph.   
Cuomo should take a polygraph himself!

She took a polygraph already- not sure if those results will be made public but fairly certain the dems had her do it as a form of “proof” although polygraphs are not admissible.

Still my fav line from yesterday,
“I liked beer. I STILL like beer!”

2 hours ago, crappyice said:

She took a polygraph already- not sure if those results will be made public but fairly certain the dems had her do it as a form of “proof” although polygraphs are not admissible.

It only counts if it was done by the FBI and even then you can fool a polygraph that's why it is  not used in federal courts .

Sorry to sound like I’m on the dems side on this but I would categorize myself as being afraid to fly and yet I have and will fly for things I want to do badly enough(visit Colorado, Punta Cana). I would certainly use my “fear to fly” excuse to get out of things I don’t want to do(educational conference in LA during the first week of November). She may not being lying about the flying.

I am not siding with the dems and am outraged how this woman is being used...maybe without her truly knowing it).
I am trying to stay rational and fair in my own mind since nowhere does there seem to be any rational or certain civil thought from either side.

Have you heard the phrase “Her truth” a lot lately? In her mind (not crazy or warped or sick mind...just a mind of someone who has been through a sexual assault (maybe or maybe not by Kavanaugh)) her whole story is true which still does not equal Kavanaugh did it- the proof is still missing but unfortunately he has already been hung in the public court of opinion.
He may not survive this after all.

Sad

She's a leftist progressive that hates Trump.  She wore a pink pussy hat while protesting.  Her students tell us she is a flaming feminist and abortion activist.  She has tons of leftist connections and every motive to want Kavanaugh destroyed.  Her credibility about flying is zero, since it has been proven she will fly to go just about anywhere but a DC Senate hearing to testify, because she wants to stall the confirmation.  People who have had her as their professor in California say she was using a made up voice while testifying to sound like a frail little teenage girl.  Apparently, when you get on the wrong side of her as one of her students, she is overtly bombastic in her tirades against your opposing opinion.  I have no sympathy for her at all, because she is a bald faced liar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

Have you heard the phrase “Her truth” a lot lately? In her mind (not crazy or warped or sick mind...just a mind of someone who has been through a sexual assault (maybe or maybe not by Kavanaugh)) her whole story is true which still does not equal Kavanaugh did it- the proof is still missing  

I think this is spot on.  She simply had a nightmare (probably after she heard that Brett K was nominated a few months ago).  That explains why there are no witnesses who can verify ANY of her story.   Other people can be in your dreams but they were not ACTUALLY there.   

I believe that Brett will be nominated and that the democrats will suffer their greatest mid-term defeat of all time as a direct result of their exploitation of this poor woman.   Senator Lindsey Graham's passionate speech, during that hearing, will mark the begging of the end of the democratic party as we know it today.   

Edited by wolc123

12 hours ago, crappyice said:

41 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

He's got my Vote !

I don't know if admitting that helped his standing with Trump who does not drink.  Plus Trump has said on more than one occasion that men who cry are sissies.  Now he orders an FBI investigation.  Would't be the first time Trump has lost faith in someone the day after he praised them.

O and by the way if she really is a CIA spook I do believe it is against the law for members of the government to out her in a public hearing.   The dems would love that then they could start another investigation on trump .

The more you think about it the more this looks like a set up .

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1

I don't know if admitting that helped his standing with Trump who does not drink.  Plus Trump has said on more than one occasion that men who cry are sissies.  Now he orders an FBI investigation.  Would't be the first time Trump has lost faith in someone the day after he praised them.

I’m not usually sincere but I truly find this thought Interesting and thought provoking ...good stuff

And the slaughter continues.  A week delay, for an FBI investigation on Brett K., might mean 21,000 more abortions will occur in the good old USA.  There could be a silver lining though.  He may be so inspired against the Liberals, after the Republicans steam-roll him into position, that he will work tirelessly to overturn Roe vs Wade ASAP.   If so, we should all be thankful that Dr Ford had that bad dream and that her handlers let her try and convince the world that it was real.  

The goose is pretty much cooked on this one.  One week delay is not enough to stop the confirmation prior to the mid-terms.