Who makes the Best $2000 rifles

7 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

A 2000 dollar Henry is those dumb safe queens they sell .

Could be less No specific rifle just who makes the best hunting  firearms  over all  least likely to be broken and sent back . Least lemons . 

1 minute ago, Jeremy K said:

I love my Henry , the ones they make with the mirror finish and fancy garbage etched all over them that will never see the field is a safe queen .

I see I have my Dads 30.30 from about 1956-60 and works and shoots better than the new ones

You know while you're here you could  give me a recommendation and then call me peace of shit after if it makes you feel better . I'm in good mood tonight free cheap shots .

Look at some of the kimber rifles they are right around 2k and very good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Look at some of the kimber rifles they are right around 2k and very good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I approve this recommendation but I still say weatherby is best

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

When you get into that price range I would say most manufacturers will be putting out some pretty good stuff and will probably be reliable. More than anything else it will boil down to preferences of an action, it's styling and aesthetics, a Winchester Model 70 "Super Grade" in a caliber I like would satisfy me and substantially less than 2000.00

Shotguns are a different matter especially when it comes to doubles which I have a strong liking for but am short in the cash department. Been thinking seriously about a new O/U  for a long time, I think if I had two grand laying around for a new double it would have to be the American made Connecticut Revelation 20ga over and under for 1995.00

Al

2019-03-02_190025.png

Edited by airedale
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

I approve this recommendation but I still say weatherby is best

I already have a weatherby mark v 

Very nice gun got it over 20 years ago finnish still looks like new .

I already have a weatherby mark v 
Very nice gun got it over 20 years ago finnish still looks like new .

You're grandkids can pass that gun down to their grandkids and still be worth top dollar. Weatherby ammo can be super spendy but it's top notch for sure

• Like 1

Didn't you buy a hundred dollar break action single shot and then wondered why it was taking so long to repair?

What makes anyone think you'd buy a $2K rifle?

Frankly if you had the coin it'd be best spent shopping for something like a Hill Country , H+S or similar on the secondary market. I can put a Blaser together for about $2200, mine have been workhorses and 100%.

2 minutes ago, airedale said:

Shotguns are a different matter especially when it comes to doubles which I have a strong liking for but am short in the cash department. Been thinking seriously about a new O/U  for a long time, I think if I had two grand laying around for a new double it would have to be the American made Connecticut Revelation 20ga over and under for 1995.00

Al

Still want one of the RBL 20's they started with.....

3 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

Didn't you buy a hundred dollar break action single shot and then wondered why it was taking so long to repair?

What makes anyone think you'd buy a $2K rifle?

Frankly if you had the coin it'd be best spent shopping for something like a Hill Country , H+S or similar on the secondary market. I can put a Blaser together for about $2200, mine have been workhorses and 100%.

Still want one of the RBL 20's they started with.....

My weatherby does not fold in half fit in a backpack or way 4 pounds. apples to oranges

20190302_193359.jpg

20190302_193319.jpg

3 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

My weatherby does not fold in half fit in a backpack or way 4 pounds. apples to oranges

Since when do any of those I mentioned do any of that?

Go buy a Remington rust-o-special then.

Fact is there are a ton of great rifles new and used for $2K but you have to use your brain first to figure out what are the most important features and what are priority. Most of them you have never heard of because there are multiple makers that aren't in Outdoor Life or some dumb link in an on line ad.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

Since when do any of those I mentioned do any of that?

Go buy a Remington rust-o-special then.

Fact is there are a ton of great rifles new and used for $2K but you have to use your brain first to figure out what are the most important features and what are priority. Most of them you have never heard of because there are multiple makers that aren't in Outdoor Life or some dumb link in an on line ad.

Let me ask you this  are there gunsmiths that you know of that do conversions that could take one of the bolt guns I already have and turn it into a take down version?