Is climate change just another religion?

I wish global warming would speed up a bit ,I’d enjoy using the pool another week or two in Sept . Less snow would keep them damn snowmobiles off my land during hunting season . And whose wife complains it’s too warm ? They’re always cold ! Isee no down side .  Bring it .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

I wish global warming would speed up a bit ,I’d enjoy using the pool another week or two in Sept . Less snow would keep them damn snowmobiles off my land during hunting season . And whose wife complains it’s too warm ? They’re always cold ! Isee no down side .  Bring it .

my parents where just out in the boat in florida gulf beached on a sand bar with other boats, bikinis, and brew. had their asses in beach chairs sitting in 85+ degree water. sounds like you have a geographical dilemma despite vacation homes are sold every day. lol 

climate change and global warming discussion wasn't really on the rails here anyway but i'll give my 2 cents. Right in Al Gore's days of hitting his stride with it I was in college at SUNY Buffalo. He assembled a massive presentation with scientific charts, etc with the help of climate experts. We sat through it which was over a couple hours and even had Q&A. I didn't feel any information he presented was false the least bit. it was very well put together in white paper like form. being an engineering student here's where i feel his overall pitch of why fell apart. all the compiled data is a sliver in earths history which in terms of climate has been recorded as having a cyclical change with exceptions being the front end of "ice ages" that nature seems to use as a correction tool. what he was doing was in essence trying to use one day of trading to project futures in the stock market. i do agree that we as a civilization here on earth need to take steps to prevent pollution and be more clean. even participated in a collegiate competition with a portion of the teams diving into "zero-emission" electric snowmobiles for research use in say the polar regions where IC engine exhaust would effect research testing. I strongly feel society is being led down an unfeasible path with EV's and other green energy plans that consume massive amounts of resources before and after to implement that make them not so green. covid lock down may have gone over like a fart in the wind for prevention but one thing it did do was clean up the environment for that short duration of time. we need to stifle our materistic needs and consume less trivial shit to produce less waste. be smart about using things like AC, heat, and minimizing driving/burning of fossil fuels. that'll do more.

• Like 4

Your dilusional if you think your going to counteract the monumental pollution that China is spewing out.

It takes a lot of power to supply the world with everything they sell on Amazon, which is funding the power plants their building.

Chinas Energy plant construction

China is leading the world in new coal power plants, building more than three times as much new coal power capacity as all other countries in the world combined in 2020. It isn’t alone in its reliance on coal, however. China and four other countries, India, Indonesia, Japan and Vietnam, account for more than 80% of the coal power stations planned across the world, according to a June report by the think-tank Carbon Tracker.

Edited by Shoots100
  • Like 1

3 huge issues..

1..  the poles are shifting weaking the earths magnetic field. allowing more ionized radiation  to reach the earth . Last time it happened 40k years ago or so  40% of life was eliminated in oceans as when poles reverse we lose our ozone layer to the solar winds....think being hit by microwaves all day.. we were worried a bout a hole causing faster sun burns... 

2nd..  the oceans are full of plastic.. acting like your solar cover on your pool.  No money in cleaning up plastic and in fact we could ban all plastic and it would continue to increase in size for next 250 years..  add this to more radiation hitting the earth not being repelled by magnatic field and laws of thermodynamics take over hot water will flow to cold water..  thus the ocean current get further north before cooling as they are hotter due to super heating under these plastic islands..  air currents follow the ocean currents so the jet stream has changed as well

3rd.  1 container ship put out as much emmissions as 250k automobile.. 

If you think we can stop any of this by going electric  you may as well jump off the cliff with the rest of the lemmings..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

my parents where just out in the boat in florida gulf beached on a sand bar with other boats, bikinis, and brew. had their asses in beach chairs sitting in 85+ degree water. sounds like you have a geographical dilemma despite vacation homes are sold every day. lol 

Was considering a Fla condo , but hoa fees which only go up ,seldom have enough in reserves ,and the crazy home owners insurance costs and cancellations,have made us stay renters . Plus we can stay with a countless number there for free . Once the economy and housing crashes I,may grab something .

Here is simple logic know the earth was a lot warmer than it is now.. 

All these animals we see coming out of the permafrost in the artic.

Every try and sink on frozen ground?  Not a couple of  inches like our muddy springs but deep enough to cover completely an elephant? Even laying down your talking 6ft  to completly cover it. Let alone rhinos. Bison. Lions..ect.. had to be soft mud to trap said animals.. then it got cold and stayed cold for a really long time and preserved them in their mud cocoons.. 

The key here is they had to sink as  earth doenst fall from the sky to cover them like volcanic ash...  and soil is made by organics breaking down so the permafrost/mud that is 10 ft deep had to have plants growing for hundreds of thousands  of years  dying  and being warm enough for decomposition to occur ( think composting for your garden)   this requires warm temps and water. Two  things lacking in the tundra we know today. If not the grasses and plants would just be frozen like the mamoths ect were.  ..  

Not to mention soil thickness would be like 1 ft or less deep as growing seasons and decomposition would be short and lacking .. like high mountain soils. 

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 8:03 PM, G-Man said:

3 huge issues..

1..  the poles are shifting weaking the earths magnetic field. allowing more ionized radiation  to reach the earth . Last time it happened 40k years ago or so  40% of life was eliminated in oceans as when poles reverse we lose our ozone layer to the solar winds....think being hit by microwaves all day.. we were worried a bout a hole causing faster sun burns... 

2nd..  the oceans are full of plastic.. acting like your solar cover on your pool.  No money in cleaning up plastic and in fact we could ban all plastic and it would continue to increase in size for next 250 years..  add this to more radiation hitting the earth not being repelled by magnatic field and laws of thermodynamics take over hot water will flow to cold water..  thus the ocean current get further north before cooling as they are hotter due to super heating under these plastic islands..  air currents follow the ocean currents so the jet stream has changed as well

3rd.  1 container ship put out as much emmissions as 250k automobile.. 

If you think we can stop any of this by going electric  you may as well jump off the cliff with the rest of the lemmings..

can you cite your source here please.

5 hours ago, Grouse said:

I know you don't hunt. But it's odd that any hunter wouldn't also be a conservationist or doing what he or she can to protect the planet. When I hunt state land it baffles me the trash hunters leave in the parking lot. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Belo said:

I know you don't hunt. But it's odd that any hunter wouldn't also be a conservationist or doing what he or she can to protect the planet. When I hunt state land it baffles me the trash hunters leave in the parking lot. 

The hunters that shoot up road signs , haul all kinds of trash into the woods from pallets, to plastic buckets , heck I know a guy who put a plastic truck bed up in a tree for a stand ,that’ll stay there forever ?

The guys who drive  a giant 4x4 year round because they hunt two weeks a year ? 

Most hunters would trade global deforestation, for a B&C buck .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Belo said:

can you cite your source here please.

Polar shift is found on  nws amd any airline chart updates. Plastic in oceans xan be found on multiple papers and documentation as well as a special on earth after people.

Permafrost animals can be found on any scientific paleontology site as well as cloning papers . As well as several national geographic specials on mamoths.. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Belo said:

You know I don't hunt??  LOL!  You start off showing everything you think you know, is wrong.

If you took the time to read that article I linked, you might understand it is a very pro-environmental piece that points out how the Environmentalism movement has been taken over by fanatics that are pushing demands that do NOT work, at the cost of billions of dollars and maybe billions of lives before they are done.  They are a cult that is much like the ancient fools that thought throwing virgins into a volcano would solve their problems.

Good intentions mean nothing.  Results mean everything.  Not only are the cultist's results ineffective regarding improvements to the environment, they are down right dangerous to the economic survival of many world economies.  We are allowing these folks to destroy civilization in their fanatical, cult like religious quest, to "save the planet".  It's like they want to destroy the human race to save their "God" the earth.

It's funny to think a God would need humans to save it.

16 hours ago, Nomad said:

The hunters that shoot up road signs , haul all kinds of trash into the woods from pallets, to plastic buckets , heck I know a guy who put a plastic truck bed up in a tree for a stand ,that’ll stay there forever ?

The guys who drive  a giant 4x4 year round because they hunt two weeks a year ? 

Most hunters would trade global deforestation, for a B&C buck .

Sad but true. But if we're trying to optimistic, many other hunters buy land to save it from housing developments and improve that land. Probably fair to say that there are good and bad in every "group of people".

10 hours ago, G-Man said:

Polar shift is found on  nws amd any airline chart updates. Plastic in oceans xan be found on multiple papers and documentation as well as a special on earth after people.

Permafrost animals can be found on any scientific paleontology site as well as cloning papers . As well as several national geographic specials on mamoths.. 

So no? Not going to cite this? A quick copy and paste of a link should be all that it takes right?

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

You know I don't hunt?? 

I mean... your posting history rarely if ever has anything to do with hunting my dude. Prove me wrong this fall.

spacer.png 

22 minutes ago, Belo said:

I mean... your posting history rarely if ever has anything to do with hunting my dude. Prove me wrong this fall.

Makes me wonder what the hell I've been doing out there in the woods since 1970.

The burden of proof lies with the accuser.  Not with the falsely accused.

How would you respond if I accused you of being a non hunter based on your posts?

Edited by Grouse

8 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Makes me wonder what the hell I've been doing out there in the woods since 1970.

The burden of proof lies with the accuser.  Not with the falsely accused.

How would you respond if I accused you of being a non hunter based on your posts?

I mean, that's all I post about for the most part. Occasionally the political bs draws me in and I do get involved in off topic stuff like youth baseball from time to time. I guess I'd wonder why you think I was a non-hunter.

On the other hand, all any of us ever see you post about is politics. 

12 minutes ago, Belo said:

I mean, that's all I post about for the most part. Occasionally the political bs draws me in and I do get involved in off topic stuff like youth baseball from time to time. I guess I'd wonder why you think I was a non-hunter.

On the other hand, all any of us ever see you post about is politics. 

Then you're blind.  Check my history.

On 9/20/2022 at 8:11 PM, Nomad said:

Was considering a Fla condo , but hoa fees which only go up ,seldom have enough in reserves ,and the crazy home owners insurance costs and cancellations,have made us stay renters . Plus we can stay with a countless number there for free . Once the economy and housing crashes I,may grab something .

my parent's bought and flipped foreclosures or estates upgrading and getting close to the water each time. this was before the crazy shift in flood insurance increases in costs and requirements several years ago. they're in a neighborhood with zoning for particular things but pretty sure no HOA. Their house is in a canal neighborhood but there's one of the places right on the Gulf that overlooks a shallow bay. social hub too as everyone there that's heading out to sea idles by in the channel. big area of decorative stone pavers or otherwise crushed limestone all out back so there's really hardly anything for grass. housing went up but definitely money to be made. there house, so they can go down whenever they want. we're heading down for spring break when the kids are out of school.

Screenshot_20220923-104214_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7fee60dbfbbb64588e865c60d0c42685.jpgthere are multiple sources  for everything  a simple google search will show hundreds.  Nooa is a great unbaised source just presenting facts of the polar shift.  Simple science from school using bar magnets shows you how magnatic field react when shifted..   way to much info to copy and paste.     Spend some time  searching on line.  and you will find a lot more.  

• Like 1