518BowSlayer

Got Me A Maine Moose Tag!!!

congrats on the draw! sounds like you lucked out. keep us posted so the rest of us can hunt moose vicariously. lol  i've got to par things back right now in my life if i'm ever make time for a guided out of state hunt.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://arforny.com

21 hours ago, virgil said:

That's really cool.  Congratulations.  I put in for a tag for the first time.  Didn't get one.  How long have you been entering the lottery?

3 or 4

22 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

I was led to believe you would be slaying said moose with a bow.

I definitely thought about it but I don't want an ruin an opportunity like this because we couldn't close the distance

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 518BowSlayer said:

I definitely thought about it but I don't want an ruin an opportunity like this because we couldn't close the distance

i was thinking the same .  Really would like to use the bow but once in a lifetime trip/tag was also taking the -06 if i get the chance. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

i was thinking the same .  Really would like to use the bow but once in a lifetime trip/tag was also taking the -06 if i get the chance. 

yea maybe i'll bring both

Congrats savor every minute. Despite good advice on this forum I didn't take enough pictures. Take pics all the way through. Good luck. What zone is that?

20 hours ago, hunter said:

Congrats savor every minute. Despite good advice on this forum I didn't take enough pictures. Take pics all the way through. Good luck. What zone is that?

Rejected 19 years in a row, I’m starting to think Maine doesn’t like me. I hit in Vermont after only 11 years so maybe I shouldn’t complain,  Well good luck. 

I entered for the first time this year. Wish I had started 20 years ago. 

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 12:10 PM, hunter said:

Who is your co-hunter and have you booked yet?

no subpermittee, going by myself. nobody could take the time off work

On 6/25/2019 at 6:16 AM, 518BowSlayer said:

saw this on a maine moose outfitter site - one moose all packaged up - wow!   lol DSCN5224-1024x768.jpg

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

saw this on a maine moose outfitter site - one moose all packaged up - wow!   lol DSCN5224-1024x768.jpg

Fingers crossed!!!

• Like 1

it's official! I got someone to swap tags!!! now I'm going after a bull during the September season in zone 6!!! I don't think I could be any more excited!!!

• Like 8

Was it a straight up swap.....or did you have to add cash?

Awesome for you.......can't wait to see Pics with a Big Bull Moose!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Was it a straight up swap.....or did you have to add cash?

Awesome for you.......can't wait to see Pics with a Big Bull Moose!

$1500, guide said he's seen them go for $3k. I think its worth it. supposed to be an excellent unit too

• Like 2

$1500, guide said he's seen them go for $3k. I think its worth it. supposed to be an excellent unit too
Awesome......now lay the hammer down on a big bull! And document it for all of us on the forum!

Nice score, Slayer....As long as you are getting a possible once in a lifetime moose, you may as well have a set of antlers to go along with it.....The meat from my 1989 Alaska bull is long gone, but I still have the antlers to admire....

I wish you lots of luck !   With that being said maybe you could host a Moose BBG get - together mid state (or wherever is closest to you) for Hunting NY members upon successful completion of the hunt ?  :pleasantry:

Just a thought !:rofl:

Answer to No One !