Boonie Hat

fasteddie

I had always worn a Camo baseball style hat when bowhunting . My son suggested I wear a Boonie Hat like he does and I thought it looked like a fishing hat . Anyway , about 3 years ago and thought it was a great idea . In the past , I had to tip my hat back so the bow string wouldn't hit it . The Boonie hat is so flexible that I can draw the bow string back against it and not worry about interference . Anyone else wear one ?

FastEddie Camo.jpg

• Like 2

Ive been wearing a boonie since i started hunting 28 years ago ,it has a number of benefits over a ball cap.

Seriously, I though “ball caps” (who the F calls them “ball caps” anymore!) were surgically implanted on your head!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Never gave it a thought, give me the reasons why they are better. I am intrigued. 

It covers movement better when you turn your head (not a big deal if your movements are slow ) the biggest benefit is the improved hearing , it captures more sound under that brim then you realize. If that isnt enough ,it just looks 10x better then a ball cap. 

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 1

I've been wearing them off and on for hunting, since my army days. Comfy, and breaks up the outline of your head better when deer are in close. Especially when hunting from ground level like I do.

And I think they look cool too!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I didn’t know you were a hero, I thought you were just a great hunter! Thank you for your service!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lol, great hunter ill take. Not a hero, fought along side alot of great guys. We all did what we signed up to do. Wish we all made it home to enjoy the outdoors together.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...