Lawdwaz

WHO'S WHO HERE NOW??????

6 hours ago, old man river said:

And plenty of Guests who tune in know of me from my 4 Published Books and my Utube Channel. 

:rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

32 minutes ago, Belo said:

aint nobody leave who didn't want to leave. You all just treat her different because she was a girl. Stormy received much worse treatment than she ever did and both received their treatment for the nonsense that came out of their mouths.

I don't agree with Belo this time. I remember GrowAlot having well thought out Threads. Indeed her Threads covered many different Topics. I looked forward to reading them.

• Like 1

I don't agree with Belo this time. I remember GrowAlot having well thought out Threads. Indeed her Threads covered many different Topics. I looked forward to reading them.
She was/is definitely super knowledgeable but sometimes you literally needed some sort of translator to decipher what she was saying

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I kind of thought Papist was Storm/Hawk...They certainly are from the same hood...

Why on earth would anyone change their name anyway? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bill Schmidt said:

She was/is definitely super knowledgeable but sometimes you literally needed some sort of translator to decipher what she was saying

It wasn't her fault.  It was the kindle fire.  The same kindle fire also made her title her threads as the first 3 words of her first sentence.

• Like 6

NRA Lifetime member.

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." - Native American Indian Proverb

"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am" - Toby & Eileen Green

With all the crappy videos being posted , I would think Old Man River is Odysseus .......

• Haha 3

97.3% of statistics are made up
To Err is Human - To Forgive Divine 

Neither of which is Marine Corps Policy !

6 hours ago, Belo said:

aint nobody leave who didn't want to leave. You all just treat her different because she was a girl. Stormy received much worse treatment than she ever did and both received their treatment for the nonsense that came out of their mouths.

Semantics, Belo. After they way she was harassed, why would she not want to leave? She was many things, but masochistic was not one of them. I find it interesting that you felt the need to justify yourself when you weren't specifically mentioned. You developing a guilty conscious or something? (Ha, ha. Just kidding. As if . . . .)

Stormy is a troll, or worse, who feeds off of the attention. That's why he's still here. I would think that you would have figured that out by now.

Anyway, it is what it is. That's the way things are on an internet forum sometimes. I'm not interested in rehashing old battles.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, old man river said:

And plenty of Guests who tune in know of me from my 4 Published Books and my Utube Channel

Question , as a paid author myself ( knife magazines ) I have to ask were you paid to write them or were they vanity press ? Where you pay to have books published,then try to, peddle them .

34 minutes ago, BeIo said:

Question , as a paid author myself ( knife magazines ) I have to ask were you paid to write them or were they vanity press ? Where you pay to have books published,then try to, peddle them .

Indeed, I shall tell you. Like many people, I had a Dream to self Publish a book. Having over 40 or so Written Journals on Turkey Hunting as well as many hundreds of Photos taken with a Kodak throw away camera, I was able to bring even more memories flooding back when, I combined the two. I wrote all 4 manuscripts totally by hand and Pen. Since, I was going to go the ( Self Publish) route- everything was totally on me from proof reading ,etc. Next step was to talk to a friend who works at a library. Her daughter knew exactly what to do as far as getting my manuscript burned on a Disc in the proper format. Taking that Disc to a Publisher-- Royal Fireworks in Unionville and after some meetings , my 4 books were published from 2011 to around 2015. Of course, I paid the Daughter of the Library worker friend of mine and the Publisher of course. I never had more then 250 published of the 4 books. Did, I make any money? No, I lost money on all 4 books. My personal dream was acheived though. I sold many of the books through Midwestturkeycall.com . To have one of my books presented below the Master himself - Ray Eye with one of his books was a true honor! Jim Casada told me that since, I had so few published that they in 25 years or so could be worth plenty as long as, I just signed my name. I also got lucky with a guy from Wisconsin who wanted to buy plenty of what, I had left. Jim Casada also told me to sign and put away at least 5 or 10 of each in a Ammo can. Which, I did.  I also made sure that, I got my Discs back from the Publisher.  In this day and age though--- most people don't open books. It is usually work related on a computer and Social Media- like this site. I would say most people could write a book. It just requires plenty of time,thought and alot of steps. 

• Like 2

I will be changing my name to
Growalot next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Thejerkman said:

I will be changing my name to
Growalot next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your azz sucks bilge water….There has only ever been, and only will ever BE   one  Growalot…..Hehehehe….

• Like 9

I thought I was still me, but now I'm not sure; I could've really been someone else all along.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Happiness is cupped wings.

15 hours ago, goosifer said:

Semantics, Belo. After they way she was harassed, why would she not want to leave? She was many things, but masochistic was not one of them. I find it interesting that you felt the need to justify yourself when you weren't specifically mentioned. You developing a guilty conscious or something? (Ha, ha. Just kidding. As if . . . .)

Stormy is a troll, or worse, who feeds off of the attention. That's why he's still here. I would think that you would have figured that out by now.

Anyway, it is what it is. That's the way things are on an internet forum sometimes. I'm not interested in rehashing old battles.

i've never once apologized for what I said, or feel guilty about it. I didn't chase her into threads or give her grief regarding hunting and gardening related topics. But she opened herself up numerous times (just like stormy) by posting utter lies and untruths and if she was bothered by me and others calling her out, or in many cases being asked to clarify gibberish she posted, she could have just stopped and moved on and it wouldn't have become 15 pages. 

If you're going to deer hunt with a crossbow and compound at the same time you're gonna get some flack. If you're going to bury trash and quote texas law, you're going to get some flack. Now I'm sure someone will send her this link as she's already mentioned recently that she checks in and that members keep her up to date when her name is mentioned and that's all fine. I've said a few dozen times that I also liked many of her contributions to the forum. I felt that papist deer hunting stories were great and bill's turkey hunting topics are great. But that doesn't mean I'm in love with a confusing topic titles that is no more than a story about a mailman, or constant racist political nonsense or random weird youtube video posts mixed in respectively.

and that's all there is to it honestly.

• Like 3

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

24 minutes ago, Belo said:

i've never once apologized for what I said, or feel guilty about it. I didn't chase her into threads or give her grief regarding hunting and gardening related topics. But she opened herself up numerous times (just like stormy) by posting utter lies and untruths and if she was bothered by me and others calling her out, or in many cases being asked to clarify gibberish she posted, she could have just stopped and moved on and it wouldn't have become 15 pages. 

If you're going to deer hunt with a crossbow and compound at the same time you're gonna get some flack. If you're going to bury trash and quote texas law, you're going to get some flack. Now I'm sure someone will send her this link as she's already mentioned recently that she checks in and that members keep her up to date when her name is mentioned and that's all fine. I've said a few dozen times that I also liked many of her contributions to the forum. I felt that papist deer hunting stories were great and bill's turkey hunting topics are great. But that doesn't mean I'm in love with a confusing topic titles that is no more than a story about a mailman, or constant racist political nonsense or random weird youtube video posts mixed in respectively.

There has been no action from Doc on this site since May 2.  That might leave you as our only hard-driven anti-crossbow member.  Do you suppose he died, or moved to Oregon as I suggested a few times ?   

4 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

There has been no action from Doc on this site since May 2.  That might leave you as our only hard-driven anti-crossbow member.  Do you suppose he died, or moved to Oregon as I suggested a few times ?   

there's more of us, just not many as outspoken. I think the death comment was a little unwarranted wolc.

• Like 1

-Aldo Leopold 

6 minutes ago, Belo said:

You've made your thoughts very clear. You took the time to put some thought into what you wrote, which I respect and appreciate. You had a much longer history with her than I did. I can't dispute anything you've stated. That really is all there is to it.

I would say one thing, regardless of who or what was to blame (if anyone/anything), I think it is unfortunate that she is no longer a member of the forum.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Belo said:

Before she left she was most certainly targeted and had stuff picked apart that she wrote ,she was definitely getting ganged up on the same way storm does. Every once in awhile someone gets a target on them and what ever they wrote always gets dissected and magnified .

• Like 2

Just now, goosifer said:

You've made your thoughts very clear. You took the time to put some thought into what you wrote, which I respect and appreciate. You had a much longer history with her than I did. I can't dispute anything you've stated. That really is all there is to it.

I would say one thing, regardless of who or what was to blame (if anyone/anything), I think it is unfortunate that she is no longer a member of the forum.

wholeheartedly agree

Just now, Jeremy K said:

Before she left she was most certainly targeted and had stuff picked apart that she wrote ,she was definitely getting ganged up on the same way storm does. Every once in awhile someone gets a target on them and what ever they wrote always gets dissected and magnified .

i think it was just me and maybe one or 2 others. I don't know if that's a gang. In fact, if you read that famous thread you'll see that grampy, woly, pygmy and numerous others actually ganged up in her defense to the point where my family was brought into it, which lead to me deciding I could use a break. She took a break too. It's all good, it's just the internet.  

-Aldo Leopold 

I thought I was still me, but now I'm not sure; I could've really been someone else all along.
Aren't you Core?

2 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

I surely know all about that! That is one of the main reasons that plenty of members who would like to take a shot at posting a Thread-- don't. 

Poor Mike Rossi suffered mightily also. I don't think he should have been Banned. One member here in particular tossed  ( Dirt) on him without end.

I miss Growalot. She's probably forgotten more about gardens and food plots and creating deer habitat and cardboard blinds than most of us wiil ever know. She also had some great contributions to the "what's for dinner" thread. I hope she comes back at some point. People who are perpetually angry and discontented tend to ruin good things.

• Like 2

"It's fun to win elections." -- Bill Whittle

18 minutes ago, old man river said:

Poor Mike Rossi suffered mightily also. I don't think he should have been Banned. One member here in particular tossed  ( Dirt) on him without end.

I don't know that Rossi was banned. He was a one or maybe two issue guy that inserted his beliefs about those couple of issues into every discussion. That's annoying. Like sitting at a dinner table discussing politics and having someone constantly bring up sports.

• Like 1

"It's fun to win elections." -- Bill Whittle

47 minutes ago, philoshop said:

I don't know that Rossi was banned. He was a one or maybe two issue guy that inserted his beliefs about those couple of issues into every discussion. That's annoying. Like sitting at a dinner table discussing politics and having someone constantly bring up sports.

dude that's rich coming from you

• Like 1

-Aldo Leopold