Do you think it matters when you apply to get your dmp permits ?

Hunter007

This probably came up before someplace on here .  But do you have a better chance to get the dmp you want if you go As soon as possible to apply. Or do you think what DEC says is true that it does  not make a difference that it's all random the way they do it .

Edited by Hunter007

I go asap. But I have seen where there are a bunch not given out and the last people to apply.all seem to get.one..  idk I get.my landowners so it's all really care about my.2nd choice is usually for a friend in area with lots of permits

I get a land owner DMP the last 5 or 6 years. But, when I wasn't, I believe it was a random selection. I too have been turned down only to receive one later in the mail from the left over draw.

Slightly OT, does anyone know when licenses will go on sale for 2019-2020 seasons?

11 minutes ago, eaglemountainman said:

I get a land owner DMP the last 5 or 6 years. But, when I wasn't, I believe it was a random selection. I too have been turned down only to receive one later in the mail from the left over draw.

Slightly OT, does anyone know when licenses will go on sale for 2019-2020 seasons?

Aug 1

• Like 1

I usually get my tags in the first week of August. A couple years ago I waited until the first part of September and had no issues getting both areas I went for. But, where I hunt in the SZ it's rare to get turned down. When I hunted 4J I'm pretty sure they hand those out like lint at a laundry mat.

NZ, no DMP's for any of the areas I will be hunting this season.

I think the areas it matters most would be the areas you need a PP for the tag. I may be wrong on that though, just seems to me those areas the DEC "thinks" the doe population is low would not issue many tags.