LETS SEE THOSE KILLER BOWS!!

The_Real_TCIII

4 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

It lays across back seat. I saw the case at dicks for $49 on sale for $19 with good reviews but it’s a pain so I won’t use it. I’ll stick with backseat to/from hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put the seatbelt around it.  Good practice for the baby on the way. 

17 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

It lays across back seat. I saw the case at dicks for $49 on sale for $19 with good reviews but it’s a pain so I won’t use it. I’ll stick with backseat to/from hunting

Get a quick release for the stabilizer.  1/2 turn on and off

Ok, so we have the wife’s a vector 32 on the right , that I had dipped in muddy girl camo, ordered carbon fiber look limbs and custom strings and RKT # 1 cam’s. Built and tuned for her by me. And yes she’s killed deer with it . The one next to it is my old 04  Protec long draw ,  that I have killed a pile of deer with. Will be doing a complete redo on the old girl some time. 

Second is my sons reflex bighorn ( us older archers will remember Hoyt’s budget line ) I’ve asked him if he wants a newer bow and he’s like no you bought it for my 16th birthday and there’s nothing wrong with it. 

And last is my 14 Hoyt faktor that I just love to shoot. Those  Z5 cams are  super smooth and it’s such a accurate bow. 

402375BD-F043-476F-B9E9-0F80E0DE820E.jpeg

1463E599-37DD-4F0E-8EEA-F5859BDFC816.jpeg

8610B26B-25EB-4D0C-9E6A-2708B0DE153D.jpeg

• Like 1

Interesting STABILIZER discrepancies appearing here.
I do not have one simply because the guy who set up my bow said that for a stabilizer to be effective it needs to be super long (don’t remember the exact math he used but he was if the mind that anything shorter than what the Olympic shooter are using is relatively useless ).
For you “short” stabilizer people are you noticing a Great difference?

Interesting STABILIZER discrepancies appearing here.
I do not have one simply because the guy who set up my bow said that for a stabilizer to be effective it needs to be super long (don’t remember the exact math he used but he was if the mind that anything shorter than what the Olympic shooter are using is relatively useless ).

Yes in both balance and shock reduction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

'08 Bowtech Commander

i think you could have found a better pic than that.

17 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

I thought you were always a mathews guy? 

sorry, 15 years with my mathews switchback to my new mathews traverse. 

17 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I bought that same case for $19 at Dicks and my Mathews doesn't fit unless i take stabilizer off. so i won't be using it now. what a waste.

it's a sweet case for the price. made 2 plane rides without issues. Get a short stab like mine. As a spot and stalk ground hunter i think you'd benefit from the shorter stab anyhow. Honestly I've never even had a stab till this bow. I personally believe those giant stabs should be reserved for comp, not the hunter. 

Edited by Belo

15 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

15 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Put the seatbelt around it.  Good practice for the baby on the way. 

the backseats in my silverado fold up. It actually makes a real nice sleeve where you can sort of tuck your bow or rifle between the folded up seat bottom and back. I've been doing this for years and dont bother with the case outside of long trips or storage. 

13 hours ago, crappyice said:

hard question for me to answer as i ordered mine with my new bow, so I haven't shot without it. And given that the bow itself is 15 years newer in tech I have no clue how much can be attributed to the stab. However, I'll say that the balance does feel good. You're not supposed to grip your bow and i can comfortably balance it in my palm/thumb without it dropping. My bow is also super dead in hand and part of that is from the stab. For the small cost ($100) of adding the short stab I'd recommend it.

https://www.mathewsinc.com/product/flatline-stabilizer/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...