That feeling is starting to take over!

First-light

It happens every year like clockwork. It can vary from year to year but it always shows up on my doorstep around late August! Slowly but surely the anticipation of that first crisp fall day is stirring in my sole. A slight change in the color of trees around me  and the smell of the fall woods brings me back over and over again to a time of the year I long for. Deer hunting is a big part of that and thoughts of time spent in the stand and in the cabin with family and friends brings a feeling of ease to the hectic life I lead. I absolutely love this time of year, people say why?The world  around you shutting down and getting cold? Au Contraire, it's just the beginning and heating up!

• Like 1

Two nights ago a couple friends did a little dusk look around at one of the places I hunt and glassed 12 (twelve) bucks together.  Then 10 minutes later glassed 5 different bucks hanging together in another field.  Not too shabby.  Makes a guy want to run out an order another trail cam.  (I did!)

Last night I did a little woodchuck hunt down in Wyoming County and on the way home saw lots of deer out feeding in the hay/clover fields at dusk. 

I'm getting itchy................................

Want to talk about getting itchy, we just took the better part of today trimming and tweeking stands. While up in one, a big tom walked across a field of view. It wasn't a deer, but sure was the next best thing. Nothing like sitting in the stands, checking shooting lanes, and getting a feel for whats to come.

Hung a few stands last weekend and put out 2 camera's (a first for me)...I have an itch in 2 different spots....#1 i want to check the camera's..#2 can't wait for that first cold morning when everything smells different, looks different and tastes different, etc....I wish it was October!

put up two ground blinds and yesterday when I shoot my 3D course I shot target 4 and as I walked up saw a movement in a pine tree. I stopped and what walked out was a fawn and as I went to get my arrs from the target, there come mom to make sure her fawn was ok...I see some of the trees are already starting to show the first stage of fall.

im all in! so pumped for this year. Some new areas of woods to hunt this year, did a good amount of recon this summer and alot of scouting in the earlier months of the year. Hunting season is almost here and that feeling is taking over!

The wife says i'm starting to grunt like a deer in my sleep,wonder if that's normal? Anyway,we bought the property in NY 2 years ago come December.I did'nt hunt last year because I was short on funds and the cabin was'nt even near ready. This year it's ready to go and I have my super sportsman tags! First time hunting my own land at my own cabin! Yeah,i'm stoked!

• Like 1

The wife says i'm starting to grunt like a deer in my sleep,wonder if that's normal? Anyway,we bought the property in NY 2 years ago come December.I did'nt hunt last year because I was short on funds and the cabin was'nt even near ready. This year it's ready to go and I have my super sportsman tags! First time hunting my own land at my own cabin! Yeah,i'm stoked!

goodluck! that is great news!