Has hunting negatively affected your life at all?

Caveman

I'm studying for the LSATs on october 1st but i can't seem to go more than a minute our two without thinking about the upcoming season. This is really getting in the way of me getting the score I want. Anyone else have their obsession with hunting negatively affecting their daily lives?

If there was a ever a study conducted on it...you'd probably be shocked at how many marriages ended in divorce, at least in part, due to hunting issues.

Best to prioritize now. Good score and a little sacrifice now means more and better hunting later.

Before I retired I used to set two weeks aside ( 6 weeks of vacation ) for hunting . The other 4 were for when my wife wanted to do something . It worked out well .

Now I go whenever I have a chance . My wife is probably happy that I am gone ! But then ..... we have only been married for 49 years !

Several years ago I hooked up with this girl I had known for long time. Things seemed to be going along at a mutual pace. One fine morning as we woke she said something like "you know, we have to do something about that hunting thing of yours.."

Well, that didn't work out for her so we 'did' do something about it, 1 week later down the road she went. Kind of a bummer to I mean I thought we got along & I liked her, she was low maintenance and put out. But letting someone controll your life by taking away the passions you enjoy is no way to live out a relationship.

Good call Fantail. I quit smoking for my wife, but I told her straight up that hunting season is MINE. Besides women who want to spend time "chaning you" seem like that's all they do with themselves. I like the fact that my wife has her own hobbies she does, and doesn't need to be around me every second of every single day, like some of my buddies wives who are either stage 5 clingers or just plain bored because they don't have their own agendas.

Burmjohn, I think that's the first time I've heard a man say he lucked out followed by his in-laws moved closer. Lol

Haha.. They are amazing people, actually living with us now as we reno their house around the block. I don't even know they are there, and I get lunch and dinner made for me every day :D

My girl gets very jealous over hunting and a little annoyed that its my main object of conversation. I thought she was going to slap me when I asked her if we could register at Cabelas and Gander Mountain for the wedding next year. She calls hunting my mistress lol. I'm pretty sure I've sent my son down the same road. Christmas consist of guns camo and fishing poles.

My girlfriend knew before she decided to get into a relationship that she would have to allow me to continue to pursue my passions. Be it sports, travel, the outdoors, etc. But lately she has been a tad bit annoyed that "I'm constantly avoiding" (as she calls it) her friends baby shower or birthday parties or what not because I have to go to the range or some other "excuse" as she calls it.

It's not that bad. My girlfriend is Hispanic. They find any reason to throw a party. That means all the girls show up wearing clothes that resemble bikinis than anything else and I sat in the back the whole time drinking all the beer.

You know the marrieage is on the way out from hunting when this happens. When we first got together, it was "YOU are going hunting again." Then after a few years it was "You are back already." Made me decide there will be no more Mrs bubba's. Since I made that decision, I bought hunting land have a decent camp and enjoy myself. Dam I just turned this into a positive way hunting has affected me. B)

Are you kidding,hunting saved my marriage.My wife actually says it the best time of the year.She knows if anything happens I well be home in a heart beat.But she also knows she is a widow during deer season.Those are her words.When my kids were young I did not hunt much,Now if I can I am in the woods as often as possible.