Corona Virus Thread

Got news that my wife’s uncle just passed this morning from the virus. I hardly know the guy and my wife isn’t that close with him but she’s comforting her mom on the phone right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad 2

47 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Got news that my wife’s uncle just passed this morning from the virus. I hardly know the guy and my wife isn’t that close with him but she’s comforting her mom on the phone right now.

Condolences Elmo......

• Like 1

Sorry Elmo that still sucks

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elmo said:

My condolences. 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2020 at 7:29 PM, squirrelwhisperer said:

Update...the docs thought she was showing enough of the symptoms so they tested her for Covid and gave her a breathing treatment. Fingers crossed...update to follow. 

Update...been a hectic day today. Results came back this morning. My daughter tested positive for Corona. Now her hubby and kids all have to be tested. I cant help but think it’s my fault. I had some N95 masks and gave them to her. Her supervisor saw her with it and decided to pull her off her unit and out with the Corona ppl. I know its wrong, but part of me is praying to meet up with him. Been a long time since i put my training to good use and now I’m itching to clobber him.    

Update...been a hectic day today. Results came back this morning. My daughter tested positive for Corona. Now her hubby and kids all have to be tested. I cant help but think it’s my fault. I had some N95 masks and gave them to her. Her supervisor saw her with it and decided to pull her off her unit and out with the Corona ppl. I know its wrong, but part of me is praying to meet up with him. Been a long time since i put my training to good use and now I’m itching to clobber him.    

Just because she has corona doesn’t mean she won’t be just fine! Because she will be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Valley Hospital in NJ is the first hospital to give a COVID patient a antibody plasma transfer. The guy Who did it, my brother worked with and did his infectious disease rotation under for 2 months.

• Like 2

I haven't read thru all of this in a while. I was a bit distracted. [mention=789]Elmo[/mention] My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. 

Hey squirrel- thoughts and prayers for you and yours. So hard to not feel responsible when something happens to one of our kids even when the event is unrelated to any of our actions. Hell I didn’t sleep for three days when my kid broke his leg playing football - that was “my fault” too somehow in my mind. Hang tough!

• Thanks 1

On 4/12/2020 at 12:56 AM, Rattler said:

Speaking of the extra medical facilities being relatively empty.  Did it ever occur to anyone the initial number of victims was expected to be much higher than it currently is?  The reason the numbers are not as high now is because the public has responded to the curve flattening suggestions.  It's not a bad thing that these extra facilities are not full.

that is exactly the case. Prepare for the worst, be happy you were overprepared. The motto every one of us with a CC lives by.

Cuomo even shipped some donated ventilators back. This is good news, not a reason to fire political bullets. 

The hardest decision has yet to come. When can we turn this back on? Wing it? 100% testing? A cure? A vaccine? 

On 4/11/2020 at 7:34 PM, NonTypical said:

Less traffic and no bars= no dwi’s and less accidents. Less people working = less work related accidents. No sports= less injuries. Everyone is being a homebody and trying not to get sick. If they do get sick or are injured, the hospital is the last place they want to go. It’s no wonder that there is a lack of non Covid patients lately. 

they are also saying dont go to the hospital unless you really f'n need it. Which is a message hospitals and ERs have been trying to promote for decades anyhow.

16 hours ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Think of it another way. Those people with corona needed someone. She was there to help. She's doing God's work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1