Corona Virus Thread

None of the numbers are accurate.  Its too soon.  This virus has only been in humans for a few months.

The reported mortality rate of >3% are high because of China.  World wide not including China it is 1.6%  US will be lower.

That being said, even those numbers are inaccurate because A. we don't know how many people are actually infected and B. those that are infected and will die from it may not have died yet.

The good news is that we have had some time to prepare in the US, and although sad, deaths are almost all in old and sick patients.  

No question it is here and will become prevalent.  

And although it is not a joking matter, it will likely affect the US very much like a bad flu season.

The public (and economic) reactions are what scares me.

OK... I'll go back to observing this thread from afar, and posting about guns, trail cam pics, and discussing with @Biz-R-OWorld why 1984 is the best year ever. 

Edit... Belo go to Hawaii!

Edited by johnplav
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, johnplav said:

OK... I'll go back to observing this thread from afar, and posting about guns, trail cam pics, and discussing with @Biz-R-OWorld why 1984 is the best year ever. 

Skating backwards with girls at sharkey's to the song "I want to know what love is" by Rochester's own Lou Graham sporting the big comb in the back pocket for your feathered hair style!  Ah the good ole days.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Skating backwards with girls at sharkey's to the song "I want to know what love is" by Rochester's own Lou Graham sporting the big comb in the back pocket for your feathered hair style!  Ah the good ole days.

Pics of you on roller skates with a big afro in your college football jersey with a cheerleader on your shoulder or it didn't happen!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Pics of you on roller skates with a big afro in your college football jersey with a cheerleader on your shoulder or it didn't happen!!

I am older, but not that old - many years before my college days sonny!  And before you were probably born.  The velour shirt topped off the whole look.   I think I will bring back the feather hair parted in the middle style!

Just now, moog5050 said:

I am older, but not that old - many years before my college days sonny!  And before you were probably born.  The velour shirt topped off the whole look.   I think I will bring back the feather hair parted in the middle style!

No. 1984 is my birth year! that's why it is the best

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

89 was a much better year. The Berlin Wall did come down that year and best of all I was welcomed into the world that year

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Sorry... facts are facts: 1984 is the best. 

Even George Orwell knew it. 

2 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

89 was a much better year. The Berlin Wall did come down that year and best of all I was welcomed into the world that year

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ah yes, the year I shocked the world leading my college football team in QB sacks as a freshman after moving to defense mid season.   You were my motivation.   But I had a Mohawk then.  Feathered hair long gone.  Lol.   Thinking back is amusing.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, johnplav said:

Sorry... facts are facts: 1984 is the best. 

Even George Orwell knew it. 

I think 89 was awesome. I had my '89 Iroc Z convertible. Girls loved that car!!

image.png.f7cde5e14c877fc81a8c68b5d1d76817.png

Internet pic...same color but I had black racing stripes. 

Yes I am...go ahead...somebody say it...Italian Retard Out Cruising

Edited by squirrelwhisperer

5 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

I think 89 was awesome. I had my '89 Iroc Z convertible. Girls loved that car!!

image.png.f7cde5e14c877fc81a8c68b5d1d76817.png

Internet pic...same color but I had black racing stripes. 

Yes I am...go ahead...somebody say it...Italian Retard Out Cruising

1988 was pretty good.. I had an '88 camaro, now I have an '88 wife.

00v0v_eiFlkNH4mYq_600x450.jpg

• Haha 1

In all seriousness though, I was just talking about this with my wife the other day.  So my brother works for homeland security at JFK.  He came to visit a month and a half ago.  Since then, he got sick, both my nieces, both my kids, my dad, and my wife...all got sick.  Everyone got better.  This was end of January to early February.  My wife got it the worst.  Her symptoms?  Shortness of breath and persistent cough.  She said every time she cough, it felt like Mike Tyson punched her in the rib cage.  She was eventually diagnosed with pneumonia.  Took antibiotics and now she's all good too.  Coronavirus was hardly news at the time.  Now that we're more aware of it, for all we know, there was a very good chance we got it, recovered from it, and didn't even know it.  And...my wife works for Columbia Presbyterian Hospital.  She continued to go to work throughout all this because the doctors told her she wasn't contagious.

• Like 3