Corona Virus Thread

30 minutes ago, NockednLoaded said:

Come on post some pics. The evolution of moogs hair.

Not that exciting.   Bowl to feathered to mullet to flat top, to buzz with lines, to Mohawk to pretty much current short neat hair.   Same as everyone else.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Elmo said:

In all seriousness though, I was just talking about this with my wife the other day.  So my brother works for homeland security at JFK.  He came to visit a month and a half ago.  Since then, he got sick, both my nieces, both my kids, my dad, and my wife...all got sick.  Everyone got better.  This was end of January to early February.  My wife got it the worst.  Her symptoms?  Shortness of breath and persistent cough.  She said every time she cough, it felt like Mike Tyson punched her in the rib cage.  She was eventually diagnosed with pneumonia.  Took antibiotics and now she's all good too.  Coronavirus was hardly news at the time.  Now that we're more aware of it, for all we know, there was a very good chance we got it, recovered from it, and didn't even know it.  And...my wife works for Columbia Presbyterian Hospital.  She continued to go to work throughout all this because the doctors told her she wasn't contagious.

Guess you'll never know.  The bulk of the recently "confirmed" cases in China were not positive tests for the virus, but instead sick patients who's symptoms matched.  As the virus spread and escalated, the testing was overwhelmed and they changed the criteria for confirming.  

44 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I thought this was the year of the Biz!  How can you say 1984....  Plus the 80's are totally ruled out as a decade based on music alone.  

my bad, you're right. 2020 = YEAR OF THE BIZ. Coincidentally, 2019 was also!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Elmo said:

In all seriousness though, I was just talking about this with my wife the other day.  So my brother works for homeland security at JFK.  He came to visit a month and a half ago.  Since then, he got sick, both my nieces, both my kids, my dad, and my wife...all got sick.  Everyone got better.  This was end of January to early February.  My wife got it the worst.  Her symptoms?  Shortness of breath and persistent cough.  She said every time she cough, it felt like Mike Tyson punched her in the rib cage.  She was eventually diagnosed with pneumonia.  Took antibiotics and now she's all good too.  Coronavirus was hardly news at the time.  Now that we're more aware of it, for all we know, there was a very good chance we got it, recovered from it, and didn't even know it.  And...my wife works for Columbia Presbyterian Hospital.  She continued to go to work throughout all this because the doctors told her she wasn't contagious.

you came

you saw

you conquered

I, too, will prevail!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johnplav said:

None of the numbers are accurate.  Its too soon.  This virus has only been in humans for a few months.

The reported mortality rate of >3% are high because of China.  World wide not including China it is 1.6%  US will be lower.

That being said, even those numbers are inaccurate because A. we don't know how many people are actually infected and B. those that are infected and will die from it may not have died yet.

The good news is that we have had some time to prepare in the US, and although sad, deaths are almost all in old and sick patients.  

No question it is here and will become prevalent.  

And although it is not a joking matter, it will likely affect the US very much like a bad flu season.

The public (and economic) reactions are what scares me.

OK... I'll go back to observing this thread from afar, and posting about guns, trail cam pics, and discussing with @Biz-R-OWorld why 1984 is the best year ever. 

Edit... Belo go to Hawaii!

curious what you do for a living?

2 hours ago, johnplav said:

None of the numbers are accurate.  Its too soon.  This virus has only been in humans for a few months.

The reported mortality rate of >3% are high because of China.  World wide not including China it is 1.6%  US will be lower.

That being said, even those numbers are inaccurate because A. we don't know how many people are actually infected and B. those that are infected and will die from it may not have died yet.

The good news is that we have had some time to prepare in the US, and although sad, deaths are almost all in old and sick patients.  

No question it is here and will become prevalent.  

And although it is not a joking matter, it will likely affect the US very much like a bad flu season.

The public (and economic) reactions are what scares me.

OK... I'll go back to observing this thread from afar, and posting about guns, trail cam pics, and discussing with @Biz-R-OWorld why 1984 is the best year ever. 

Edit... Belo go to Hawaii!

Bout exactly what I've been saying. It's the quarantines and panic that worry me.  And of course that the elderly have another flulike illness that seems to be highly contagious.  

But shutting places down for 2 weeks, then come back and someone else has it so another two weeks. Etc.  Not good for anyone or the economy.  

Also that this is probably going to be a reaccurring issue every flu season as well.  Trying to keep it contained seems to make sense but also it is damaging to the country.  Prob not a high death rate but now it is also this and the flu. If it hits hard in an area then schools and stores can shut down for quarantine. And they will over lap so it won't be just two weeks. Not everyone will have it at the same time. All we can do is prepare for the worst and hope for the best and it's prob somewhere in between.   

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/coronavirus-hate-attack-woman-face-mask-allegedly-assaulted-man-who-n1130671

The above is but one story of violent racism perpetrated by hateful violent sociopaths over their complete stupidity in regards to the Corona Virus.. 

These attacks must be severely prosecuted to protect civilized society from the violent sociopaths.

I wonder if these idiots would have attacked Bruce Lee? 

14 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

What you say about contaminated Money could eventually lead to a Cashless Society!     

I already have apple pay and my credit card is contactless.  I rarely carry cash anymore.  I have to make a conscious effort to keep some $5's and singles sitting around so that we can tip the delivery person.  There was a time we ordered delivery and didn't even have money to tip.  I had to steal money from my son's piggy bank.

• Like 3

I already have apple pay and my credit card is contactless.  I rarely carry cash anymore.  I have to make a conscious effort to keep some $5's and singles sitting around so that we can tip the delivery person.  There was a time we ordered delivery and didn't even have money to tip.  I had to steal money from my son's piggy bank.

Many breakfast and lunch spots in midtown won’t even accept cash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prissy Scarsdale closed for a week. Somers has a parent with corona and they aren’t closed.

If most people don’t even have symptoms. And nobody really dying, why is this even a story? The H1N1 flu in 2009 killed 13,000 people. This is nowhere close. This feels like a media stunt

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Prissy Scarsdale closed for a week. Somers has a parent with corona and they aren’t closed.

If most people don’t even have symptoms. And nobody really dying, why is this even a story? The H1N1 flu in 2009 killed 13,000 people. This is nowhere close. This feels like a media stunt

It's an election year, and the opposing party to the president will stop at nothing to get rid of him, by placing blame on him and the administration for the virus. Hell, Bill and Hillary probably had a couple people eliminated, over the years, to keep from going to jail. Given that nothing else has worked, the Dems may have started this sickness thing up as a hail Mary to scuttle Trumps re-election bid,  get Hildabeast slotted into a VP spot on Biden ticket, and worm her way into the White House, after President-elect Biden Strokes out..... would not surprise me one bit.

• Like 1

[mention]The Jerkman [/mention]

You gonna get shutdown today?

For those who don’t know, Circuit breakers may come into play today For overall stock market. They did last night for first time since the Don won election. If market goes down too far they have to paused it for like 5-10min. If it goes too far down they shutdown for the day

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

For those who don’t know, Circuit breakers may come into play today For overall stock market. They did last night for first time since the Don won election. If market goes down too far they have to paused it for like 5-10min. If it goes too far down they shutdown for the day

Is the 10 % drop, then the markets shut off?

20 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

The Market is gonna close, you are fine with that, schools...what wimps. Obviously I understand the difference but shit

This thing is uncontrollable other than in the sense you can easily protect yourself by just avoiding people.

Is it fatal in this iteration...not likely but yeah one of the normal flu at risk groups, immune compromised oldies (50’s on this one gulp) but it’s possible it was 2 strains in China and luckily this “prissy” covid 19 is the common one...

the more it spreads the more chances to mutate again and maybe start targeting another group USUALLY targeted by flu season...I got 2 and now you got 1 yourself, and my brother has a 4 day old preme in an incubator right now so I’ll worry a little if it’s ok

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1

Did anyone happen to listen to sirrusxm show about corona? 

This is not quyite an exact link but should be close:

https://blog.siriusxm.com/doctor-radio-nyu-langone-health-launch-24-7-public-service-channel-hotline-for-coronavirus/

The one doctor on there mirrored what Biz has been saying almost exactly and close to what I have been saying. Essentially the virus has been here, its not that bad, he cant understand what all the fuss is about.  The other doctor on the show mostly disagreed with him.  Interesting show I thought. Passed the time on the way back from hunting camp.

@Elmo : very interesting about your family being sick.  It does seem plausible, since JFK had direct nonstop flights to wuhan. Not a stretch to think some passengers had it..