Crap... it's gonna be a warm

nybuckboy

60's sounds like a cold front after hunting N. Tier all bow season in the high 70's and low 80's. MY problem is the rain in the forcast starting wednesday for the next 6 days straight. Bowhunting in the rain is a bad thing in my book. Hard to follow a washed out bloodtrail if things just dont go perfect.

If deer never moved in warm weather, they sure would be skinny in the fall. They will move, but in my experience it is more mid day in warm weather.

Bubba, i would agree with that. So latest forcast says not only rain but gusts to 30mph. Rain and calm, not so bad. Rain and 30mph, not so good.. Got Sat and Sun off so I'll be out there. Glad i got the ground blinds up..

I got a nice doe on 10/10/11 at 9 am. 10 yard shot from 1 of my brush blinds. Shot my very 1st with a bow on 10/2/11. Meat is in the freezer. I am hooked and may never pick up another firearm. I have been seeing some nice bucks but am not confident enough in my bow skills to take shots beyond 30 yards yet.

Edited by KenAxe-7

Yeah...forecast shows wsw 25 mph winds...high 50's and periods of rain. Saweeet! Rocking and rolling in the stand.

Not the most favorable conditions. Might need to move the blind midday if it gets too bad...have it set up more for observation the past few weeks so at the very least, I'll be in a stand in the morning.

I have 3 new scrapes now all with in 30yrds of my new watering hole...cams showing a lot of doe hitting them and 2 young buck 4-6.......lots of mid day activity,,,,my open blinds are all set and my enclosed ones are ready to use...They have been hammering the elder brush at the crate blind....looking good for a doe I think

I'm lucky as my job is not m-f 9-5 . I'm off this sat. but on days s,m.t. so I would like to hunt sat. but wind and rain ? I don't have to go as I'm off 25 days this bow season and can also hunt the times I'm on nights which means 30 days or so.

If I just had week ends, ya I go.

Good Luck !