Live from the Water 2020

The_Real_TCIII

43a43f6c7c4a2e2dda8d6e67c055a3b1.png

I tried a few spots on local stream again. Water was higher and faster so I tried to find slow spots. Only fished 45min. And hooked one again but it came off. Everyone else fly fishing. It’s hard not to get snagged with lures on rocks and logs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

43a43f6c7c4a2e2dda8d6e67c055a3b1.png

I tried a few spots on local stream again. Water was higher and faster so I tried to find slow spots. Only fished 45min. And hooked one again but it came off. Everyone else fly fishing. It’s hard not to get snagged with lures on rocks and logs

What you using for trout? And trout stream fishing is def a place to lose lures. Nothing tees me off more than tying a new one on and throwing right back out and lose another. 

• Like 1

What you using for trout? And trout stream fishing is def a place to lose lures. Nothing tees me off more than tying a new one on and throwing right back out and lose another. 

Whatever I could find in old tackle box. Lost a rainbow trout Mepps today n got bite on a phoebe

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pygmy said:

I caught  5 nice wild browns today from 13 to 16 inches in about 2 hours of fishing.....

WUUUURMS.....Sorry, but  on those small, brush choked wild streams  I just am not a very good fly fisherman...

Did you seen any hendrickson  hatching ?

10 hours ago, Pygmy said:

I caught  5 nice wild browns today from 13 to 16 inches in about 2 hours of fishing.....

WUUUURMS.....Sorry, but  on those small, brush choked wild streams  I just am not a very good fly fisherman...

nice day out Dan!  Try some of those trout magnets if you run outa worms.  Its about all i use in the streams now.  

1 hour ago, Nytracker said:

Did you seen any hendrickson  hatching ?

No I did not, and I was watching..Saw one fish rise to something, but I wasn't seeing any bugs coming off and I was on the creek from 2:00pm to 4:30...  They should be coming any day, though...I expect this warming trend starting this coming weekend will get stuff hatching, and I WILL be fishing flies then..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

nice day out Dan!  Try some of those trout magnets if you run outa worms.  Its about all i use in the streams now.  

I'll give them a try, Rob...I have a bunch..Used to catch lots of bluegills on them on Honeoye back when I was fishing it regular..

4 hours ago, Pygmy said:

No I did not, and I was watching..Saw one fish rise to something, but I wasn't seeing any bugs coming off and I was on the creek from 2:00pm to 4:30...  They should be coming any day, though...I expect this warming trend starting this coming weekend will get stuff hatching, and I WILL be fishing flies then..

Hope fully  the wind settles down with the warming weather... fishing last weekend was more like kite flying .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3rd time is a charm. Fished 45min again. Tried another new spot. Faster water and didn’t like it. I kept getting snagged so switched to this floating lure that sinks as I reel right at the end. No flouro leader, just red Cajun line lol. But I got one. 9” brown. I assume stockie. Released it.

4f528977c63ad69c2e6295d5e46c9f7e.jpg
7cab842f780bdc41a2f4a0040ae00594.jpg
a8f3c45d73f995bb62bca1e5a76dafc3.png

• Like 13

15 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Are you gonna fry 'em up as pretty as that brookie that you posted earlier ?

That looked so good it made me hungry for stream trout..!!...

I actually let them go.  This spot is trophy trout water.  Stream is only like 10-12 ft wide, artificial lures only.  And bushes and brambles where rabbits wouldn't go.  But have caught 20" browns out of it.  

Plus had walleye out to cook for Tonite. 

• Like 1