Things seem to be starting up

WNYBuckHunter

This morning I saw 2 different bucks harassing does on the way to work. Both looked young, probably 1 1/2 maybe 2 1/2 but they were working the does a bit. I have also seen 4 freshly hit bucks in the last 2 days. Then yesterday, they had a young buck crash through a window in Canandaigua.

I havent been out in the woods the last few days. Has anyone noticed any new scrapes opening up?

Signs are pointing to this weekend being really vood with the cold weather.

Things here in 8y have been real slow kinda unusuall this yr for me

but hoping this cold snap starting this thursday gets things started also just re gained permission on 1 of my friend and mines better if not best spots so lookin forward to finally seeing some GOOD bucks. BEST OF LUCK TO ALL DONT SHOOT THE the young bucks let em grow if everyone did that wed have monsters all over the younger bucks will be out and about im sure this weekend answering to the can WAIT FOR THERE DADDY GUYS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>whack

Saw a nice buck (3.5 year old I'd guess) glued to a doe last night, he wasn't exactly running her all over the place with his nose to the ground, but he was following every move she made not letting her get out of his sight. Hopefully, the cold snap this weekend will get things rolling!!!

Had a young 4pt come in yesterday afternoon and make a scrape about 40 yards out. Was pretty cool to watch and i also got the whole thing on film. Hopefully he makes it through the season. He was grunting as he came in but there were no other deer around. I have noticed that this year the deer have been very vocal. Almost every deer i have seen this season has either been grunting or bleating.

John

Edited by mbucks27

How do you know the does were on their way to work ? Did they have little lunch pails?

Sorry I couldn't help myself.

Well anywho I had a spike on a mission this AM in Canandaigua, walking fast, not feeding,stopping etc. covered a lot of ground got to watch him in my binos in a field then pop up in the thick stuff, where I was a few minutes later.

I'm on days this week end but thats it till Nov. 20th so I'm happy to let the woods rest a week or so now .

Yesterday, I got the FIRST buck pictures of the year...... a 6 point and a spike. That's two pictures out of 210 pictures since August. I was beginning to think all the bucks had left the county. So far I have found 2 rubs and no scrapes. That's pretty strange for our area. I'm not real sure what is so different about this year. However, at least things are looking up a bit.