2020 NFL Thread

BizCT

On 9/12/2020 at 10:01 AM, cbyzerman said:

I am done myself.....   That league could eat a -----.  The fact that they still did a 16.5 rating is still incredible. Guess NFL will never die........ 

Because most of the people on my social media feed that are "boycotting the nfl" never watched in the first place.

Sunday was great, there is no pre-game air time, it's just straight to the kickoff. Not a peep of anything and good football on sunday ticket.

Go Bills!

• Like 1

Because most of the people on my social media feed that are "boycotting the nfl" never watched in the first place.
Sunday was great, there is no pre-game air time, it's just straight to the kickoff. Not a peep of anything and good football on sunday ticket.
Go Bills!

In the modern age of DVRs, I’m sure a lot of people just fast forward straight to kick off. For any sporting event, I usually start a 1/2 to an hour late anyway so that I can fast forward commercials, etc. this way I’m caught up live viewing closer to the end of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Elmo said:

In the modern age of DVRs, I’m sure a lot of people just fast forward straight to kick off. For any sporting event, I usually start a 1/2 to an hour late anyway so that I can fast forward commercials, etc. this way I’m caught up live viewing closer to the end of the game.

Cant do that, too many group texts with people reacting to the game and I want to participate lol

17 minutes ago, Elmo said:

7 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Cant do that, too many group texts with people reacting to the game and I want to participate lol

yeah i can't do that either, now with live scoring fantasy and group texts, although i did pause the sunday night game for a bit to help put the kids to bed. It was nice to fast forward the whole halftime. 

22 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

+1. If i pause for a few minutes i make sure not to look at phone until i'm back to real time

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

34 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

+1. If i pause for a few minutes i make sure not to look at phone until i'm back to real time

i was shocked and embarrassed with myself on how hard this was for only 45 minutes last night. Lets be honest, unless it's my team playing theres a lot of downtime between plays in the NFL and i'm usually scrolling on the phone for something. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Unpopular opinion: I cannot stand our coaching staff. STOP CALLING DESIGNED RUNS FOR YOUR FRANCHISE QB!!! ESPECIALLY IN A 21 POINT GAME. I was out on McDermott when he played for the tie in the snow game against the Colts when a tie meant missing the playoffs 

I am not a huge NFL guy and don't watch many of the Bill's game but everything that I have seen/heard/read on the Coaching Staff and Allen just leads me to believe they are all just average. Now they may get the team into the Playoffs but I don't see much else after that. 

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Unpopular opinion: I cannot stand our coaching staff. STOP CALLING DESIGNED RUNS FOR YOUR FRANCHISE QB!!! ESPECIALLY IN A 21 POINT GAME. I was out on McDermott when he played for the tie in the snow game against the Colts when a tie meant missing the playoffs 

i think there's some truth to this, and i also remind myself that it's the first real action they've had. no pre-season so there's some rust. I also think they saw something in the jets D which led to maybe more running than normal. He missed a couple key throws, but i was very happy to see him and Diggs on the same page and generally good vision and accuracy. if they can get the run game going, allen will run less for sure.

3 minutes ago, Belo said:

i think there's some truth to this, and i also remind myself that it's the first real action they've had. no pre-season so there's some rust. I also think they saw something in the jets D which led to maybe more running than normal. He missed a couple key throws, but i was very happy to see him and Diggs on the same page and generally good vision and accuracy. if they can get the run game going, allen will run less for sure.

Right now Allen is RGIII and thats just not sustainable. I think he can be Big Ben

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I've been to both of the recent playoff games.

The HOU game was a huge failure on the coaches. I wish they got more of the knock against them for that. The late game calls were HORRENDOUS. The go for it on the fourth down should have been a field goal attempt - statistically that call was the best of three options - FG attempt, punt, and then go for it. They chose the worst of the three options. 

Fast forward to now, and they run their QB in a spot where they clearly should not have. 

I am a big fan of Frazier for DC. Not a fan of Daboll. Tepid on McDermott. Good to great on alot of things, but the in-game decisions are horrendous and noticeably worse as the game gets closer to the end. It's a fatal flaw IMO. 

Edited by phade

This. Stop running Allen especially when he can’t hold onto the ball. . He gets hurt and season over for the Bills 

I disagree on this somewhat. Every year he or the team has improved. A non playoff team for what 13 years to a playoff team and now possibly a division contender. They keep adding pieces to improve. I Don’t always love the design QB run but he’s athletic enough to pull it off at times 

32 minutes ago, sodfather said:

I disagree on this somewhat. Every year he or the team has improved. A non playoff team for what 13 years to a playoff team and now possibly a division contender. They keep adding pieces to improve. I Don’t always love the design QB run but he’s athletic enough to pull it off at times 

At times, but up 21-0 and in FG range and getting the ball back after the half is not one of them

• Like 2