Fence Post Mount

The_Real_TCIII

As I said prior , I have some 200 year old barn wood . After I finish the daughter's basement room ,I may have some left for that base .

Im currently painting the trim , and fiancée is doing the flooring ,then the barn wood wall, so pretty soon .

I have several spools of very old wire fencing ,laying on my land too , not barbed though .

Plenty of old fence posts, just to lazy to rip them out of the ground ....

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

As I said prior , I have some 200 year old barn wood . After I finish the daughter's basement room ,I may have some left for that base .
Im currently painting the trim , and fiancée is doing the flooring ,then the barn wood wall, so pretty soon .
I have several spools of very old wire fencing ,laying on my land too , not barbed though .
Plenty of old fence posts, just to lazy to rip them out of the ground ....

I'll certainly incorporate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I'll certainly incorporate it!

I May only have a few pieces left ,depends on how we cut and pattern it ,nephew has sold all the remaining,I have my few pieces for my use set aside .

Then the farm has a bunch of old barns in disrepair that they don’t use ,that Ive pulled boards off of as well ,so I’ll have something for you by bow opener .

Make a 30x30 or 36x36 square base out of Nomads old barn wood. Partially fill it with stone or concrete then make a run to Hobby Lobby and pick out some nice looking grass/cattails/heather and dress it up real nice.

Something like this.

87b2ca4d32e1f94545bbf86d26b0623d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Make a 30x30 or 36x36 square base out of Nomads old barn wood. Partially fill it with stone or concrete then make a run to Hobby Lobby and pick out some nice looking grass/cattails/heather and dress it up real nice.

Something like this.
87b2ca4d32e1f94545bbf86d26b0623d.jpg&key=2bd4569b4117861efe28a7516dfbf24f704f46bee809e9b156c27ad6118bae73

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You just want me to fall through the floor

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

You just want me to fall through the floor

Oh even better, if you take my idea and center it over the 6 joist's your are going to cut it will totally help spread the weight of those joists out and they will be even stronger! 

Trust me, I may not be a structural engineer but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Oh even better, if you take my idea and center it over the 6 joist's your are going to cut it will totally help spread the weight of those joists out and they will be even stronger! 

Trust me, I may not be a structural engineer but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once! 

This all makes sense to me somehow...

• Like 1

I made the base for this bear, the taxi wanted $400 for the fakest looking rock you've ever seen (I asked him if there was a giant house key hidden in it). I cover it in Elmer's glue and peat moss then knocked off the excess after it dried94ef74ab88faf2456e924514b9576141.jpg&key=48a81384bb5b3a053abfe5d42b53665110b9e9b4eafd20d31975bb11b8fa274e

Where is the fake rock you covered?

#LessOverzealousMods #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

43ac62a57e30b5b7bd2c8ab83540ad86.jpg&key=07c3ee1b3f2f7e3e2452666789a6b12dbc39514cc759129c11c24342c47f0bdb This one is not as good lol, another project I'll get to "some day"

Could build up a cool rock with chicken wire and flexseal

#LessOverzealousMods #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

16 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

43ac62a57e30b5b7bd2c8ab83540ad86.jpg This one is not as good lol, another project I'll get to "some day"

You better get to it quick.  That does not do justice to the bear that sacrificed his life for it.   Are these in the new man cave above garage?  What is that flooring?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I made the base for this bear, the taxi wanted $400 for the fakest looking rock you've ever seen (I asked him if there was a giant house key hidden in it). I cover it in Elmer's glue and peat moss then knocked off the excess after it dried94ef74ab88faf2456e924514b9576141.jpg

Oh hell you got this then, I expect to see the final result by September of 2026

• Like 1
  • Haha 2