Rut

Suilleabhain

hunted quite a bit thru today,see a coulple good bucks opening weekend,no shots,since then nothing many houurs on stand,not even a fawn.sat this morning till 11 ish nothing,buddy on same farm has seen a couple dinks,not moving till late,,,,????

It is too hot in the Hudson Valley, I think they all went nocturnal, I see signs allover the place just no deer to be seen during the day. I see the does start moving when I leave after legal shooting hours, plus tons of road kills....oh well, we can't control the nature....

I think the heat is really slowing things down during daylight hours, my plan of attack has been setting up between doe areas and buck bedding areas super early, and trying to catch them coming back

IMO - I think the mature bucks are locked down with does. If your not seeing deer it's cause you haven't found the does. If you see does a buck or 2 will be with them or following not far behind.

I think you nailed it. I live in Greene County (WMU 4S) and Sunday at 3:00 in the afternoon the big ten pointer that I posted pics of back in October crossed the road fifty yards from our house with his nose right up a doe's butt! Middle of the day, 60 degrees out and he was out dogging her like there was no tomorrow. Find the does, you'll find the bucks!

Very funny thats for sure!!! The chick behind the camera needs to either go on a diet or go back and buy another pack of smokes!The video shows 2 things. One is how dangerous a whitetail could be(if he would have took that little rack and really started lettin her have it and number two would be how easy it can be to kill yearling bucks. lol Cant stop laughin though!!!

Very funny thats for sure!!! The chick behind the camera needs to either go on a diet or go back and buy another pack of smokes!The video shows 2 things. One is how dangerous a whitetail could be(if he would have took that little rack and really started lettin her have it and number two would be how easy it can be to kill yearling bucks. lol Cant stop laughin though!!!

I hope it isn't a chick holding the camera.