LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Startled 3 on the walk in already feeding Settled in and light flurries just starting here in 7f.   Should be an interesting evening one of the locals said big buck still alive that no one has seen but he did Sunday not too far from here so maybe my son can fill his buck tag yet.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chef said:

2nd shooter buck of the day seen, this one was about 40 yards needed him to take a few more steps out of the thicket but no dice. He was hot on a doe and ignored my grunts.... shame it’s bow only here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

or the positive of bow-only is less gun shots / pressure.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TheHornHunter said:

Proficiency on the range and proficiency on the stand are two totally different things. Someone can be a great shot but get excited, not stop the deer, hit a branch, etc. I hunt some areas that administer a shooting test and still see plenty of poor shots.

I agree. Anyone can shoot a bag target or 3D when you have all the time in the world to range and get setup.

28 minutes ago, chrisw said:

But the end result was the same. You missed. So actually... You could've been 8" left or right on a fox and still got blood, and fox are really easy to kill so I think it's fair to say you were just as far off as some of the other mishaps?? But whatever makes your mathematics add up for you! Plus how is one in with the top 1% when said person hasn't killed a deer all season!?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comparing the kill zone on a red fox to a deer is just laughable. How many "far back", "gut" and "Ham" bow shots have seen on this forum result in dead deer?

I don't need to kill a deer just to kill a deer. I enjoy drawing on and videotaping does / non-shooter bucks. That's my choice and enough thrill

28 degrees... minimal wind where I am and a front on its way.... I’m excited just typing that!

Dilly Dilly!!!!

Too bad it's after the snow where they really move

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

2 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

If that doe was hot you may see a lot more bucks at 40 yards, it might pay off to get closer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Several members told @Chef hours ago to get on his feet for spot & stalk, but I think he froze to the stand and can't draw anyway.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 2

Comparing the kill zone on a red fox to a deer is just laughable. How many "far back", "gut" and "Ham" bow shots have seen on this forum result in dead deer?
I don't need to kill a deer just to kill a deer. I enjoy drawing on and videotaping does / non-shooter bucks. That's my choice and enough thrill
I was comparing that an entire red fox is roughly the size of a deers kill zone, and you essentially missed the fox so throwing stones for someone elses poor shot is not justified because you chose to shoot at something smaller and also did not hit where you were aiming...

• Like 1

If that doe was hot you may see a lot more bucks at 40 yards, it might pay off to get closer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It wasn’t the yardage that was the issue it was the brush and so far no other bucks seen but he was chasing for sure

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chrisw said:

I was comparing that an entire red fox is roughly the size of a deers kill zone, and you essentially missed the fox so throwing stones for someone elses poor shot is not justified because you chose to shoot at something smaller and also did not hit where you were aiming...

It was a frontal shot, so maybe 3-4" area and i hit where i was aiming.

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Damn. Any cams that may have caught the tresspassers?

Not any more, I pulled them.  I have permission to hunt my adjacent property...that’s where the drag was.  I don’t believe anyone else has permission.   I spoke to someone I saw here last year and explained the situation and where I hunt...pretty sure it’s the same person I saw hunting from one of my other blinds. I’ll probably follow the drag marks to his house after my hunt and reintroduce myself.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, dinorocks said:

Fingers crossed!  I was not to pleased to see drag marks pass by my blind...private property.  Such is life.  

62BF7A58-8CDB-4350-9272-47175CD254C7.jpeg

F6CD1979-37B0-4E23-B82F-BB3BFFD58A4F.jpeg

I got two texts from a neighbor at our lease the afternoon I shot my rifle buck asking "what did you shoot?"  I replied How do you know I shot something?  "I saw the blood and drag marks in the snow where you park"... ??????!!!!!.  People suck sometimes, what are you going to do.  I said "little doe" of course.

• Like 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic