Why Deer Numbers are Down in The Catskills

Larry

I know why all you guys hunting regions 3 and 4 are not seeing or getting deer. It’s not because of too many DMP’s, coyotes or even mountain lions some think the DEC is stocking. Here it is are you ready for this it’s Bigfoot or is it Bigfeet because there’s more than one.

I was watching this show called Finding Bigfoot on Animal Planet and the crew was in NY down in the Catskills. They said they hunt and eat deer. There must be a lot of them down there because every sound these people heard in the woods at night was a Bigfoot.

I think the DEC is secretly stocking them from Washington state

I saw that show also.Lets see,Opening weekend in that area sounds like the battle of Gettysburg,Yet no hunter ever shoots or even has seen one.None are ever hit by cars,picked up on trail camera's,Which these days are on every tree.In the history of man kind,no carcass has ever been found,So I guess they bury their dead.Fun show to watch,But you have a better chance of seeing God than a Squatch.

• Like 1

I saw that show also.Lets see,Opening weekend in that area sounds like the battle of Gettysburg,Yet no hunter ever shoots or even has seen one.None are ever hit by cars,picked up on trail camera's,Which these days are on every tree.In the history of man kind,no carcass has ever been found,So I guess they bury their dead.Fun show to watch,But you have a better chance of seeing God than a Squatch.

That's all because they are very, very clever....lol.

I know why all you guys hunting regions 3 and 4 are not seeing or getting deer. It’s not because of too many DMP’s, coyotes or even mountain lions some think the DEC is stocking. Here it is are you ready for this it’s Bigfoot or is it Bigfeet because there’s more than one.

I was watching this show called Finding Bigfoot on Animal Planet and the crew was in NY down in the Catskills. They said they hunt and eat deer. There must be a lot of them down there because every sound these people heard in the woods at night was a Bigfoot.

I think the DEC is secretly stocking them from Washington state

they conducted that show in Dutchess County... a ways from the appellation trail where theory has it the big foot uses the trail as a north to south route to go undetected lol. but dutchess is some ways from Catskills tho, not to mention the show picked some of the most rural hunting land in NYS IMO... there is alot of woods but there is houses everywhere you go in dutchess...

http://www.bfro.net/

They are jus all over the place. there is either a ton of these furry creatures running around or they have great travel agents.

I love watching that show. It blows my mind how serious they look about it.

i know its so funny lol... every little piece of evidence they see they are 100% super quick to say YES IT IS A BIGFOOT! im not saying out of millions of square mile of un habited land the possibility is not there but who knows. These guys act like they know everything about a bigfoot and they seem super quick to say YES rather then put some possible thought into it...

I hunt 3J. opening day was like a war zone. But I saw NO deer. no rubs, no scrapes. I have no idea what these people were shooting at. So your theory may hold true.

I even talked to some locals (seriously), and they said deer #'s are way down. their gardens and flowers are not eaten up any more, like they were years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

yes this area in 4r and 4g where I hunt looks very squachtee. No wonder theres no deer! I saw that episode because they said was the catskills- it wasnt. The next time I have someone encroach on me in public land before light Im gonna smack a tree acouple times and then howl like a baboon.

• Like 1

yes this area in 4r and 4g where I hunt looks very squachtee. No wonder theres no deer! I saw that episode because they said was the catskills- it wasnt. The next time I have someone encroach on me in public land before light Im gonna smack a tree acouple times and then howl like a baboon.

My gosh.....can you imagine walking to your stand in the dark and hearing something like that ..... lol. I'm sure that could send some guys running and screaming out of the woods, never to come back.

and blow all the deer to the next county lol

We get them walking right by and checking us out at night while we are blaring Bay-Bee Rabbit distress with the e-caller all the time. Scares the crap out of you listening to that in the dark and then having a deer poke its head through the bushes 10 feet away lol.

Im sure that sound on the walk in would have the same effect B)

I want to see trail cam pics before I believe it!

Never happen! Squatches use internal electo magnetical impulses to jam todays memory card recording capacity.

This is also why no clear video footage is available out of thousands of encounters world wide with hand held cameras and recorders either.

Often the "knocking" a squatch hunter hears is the bigfoot destroying a trail cam once he feels he's been detected.

Squatches were originally released in NY by the DEC to control the cougars not compete with them. The field seems to be leveling out and I agree that deer numbers may be compromised in areas where squatches and mountain lions have learned to co exist.

• Like 1