How did you pick your screen name?

Skillet

• 2 months later...

I've been an EMT in the private ambulance business for over 20 years. When we show up people say the "Paramedics" or the "Ambulance Drivers" are here. Well one night I walked into an E/R to do a discharge of a cute lol (little old lady). She looked at me and asked "Are you the Stretcher Guy?" I paused a moment and with a smile on my face I said "Yes Ma'am I am".

• Like 1

I've been an EMT in the private ambulance business for over 20 years. When we show up people say the "Paramedics" or the "Ambulance Drivers" are here. Well one night I walked into an E/R to do a discharge of a cute lol (little old lady). She looked at me and asked "Are you the Stretcher Guy?" I paused a moment and with a smile on my face I said "Yes Ma'am I am".

hahaha

After completing our cabin in the Adirondack Park, my wife came up with "DEFRAZZLE HEIM". So, if some of you remember the word "frazzle" means = The state of being completely exhausted or worn out: "I'm tired, worn to a frazzle". So, we came to name the cabin, Defrazzle Heim. The DEFRAZZLE meaning the opposite of the meaning and HEIM the German word for "home.

The 1st year I entered Moose River a sign was up for a missing hiker, his name was David Boomhower and the year was 1991. He was found deceased opening weekend, although circumstances surrounding his demise persist it is safe to say he gave into to the elements and a cold/bacterial/viral infection less than 3 miles from a road and supposedly lived a few weeks through torential rains. I said to my hunting partner of 4 years this is No Fooling (polite version) Around back here, you get lost and you’re in some DEEP woods and NFA was born. I love the ADK (Adirondacks) so NFA-ADK... NFA-GETSOME is my usual handle yet that is on a more serious note so NFA-ADK seemed more fitting to "chat"...

I was in the Navy attending Gunersmate "A" school and a friend always called me Philly. The GM rate was split into two groups, guns GMG and missles GMM. I knew a lot about small arms and really wanted to work on one of the big gun systems that were on the ships and be a GMG. So one day my friend Peter calls me from across the school house and he shouts out "Philly!" "Philly Gunns!" Draging out the "N" sound. I kept that handle with me ever since.

A lot of people think I got my name because I center pin fish with a noodle rod, not so. I got it because I play alot of golf and always used noodle golf balls and when they first came out and for every doz. balls I would buy ,I would get a hat with noodle on it. I had about a half doz hats. Good balls and nice hats. Using a noodle rod for most of my fishing just worked out.

I chose my name because it's funny as hell, I feel like Elmer when I'm all dressed up and sitting alone in the dark at 530am,just to not see a deer. Plus when I'm trudging around in the snow, I can't help but feel like Elmer J. Fudd! Whenever something dumb happens...well, that's what I call an Elmer Fudd moment. I also call people Elmer alot when doing outdoor related activities. I think all you guys that wear Elmer's style hats are funny too! Lmao!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...