Vaccination

8 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

My assessment that hydroxychloroquine is on average ineffective at treating or preventing Covid is based on well-conducted published clinical trials. 

PLEASE SUPPLY SOME LINKS TO SUPPORT THIS ASSERTION.

It pains me to see see folks go so far out of their way to embrace absurd conspiracy theories rather than take the most parsimonious steps to protect themselves and loved ones (vaccination and masking when appropriate). 

HAND WASHING AND AVOIDING PEOPLE IS THE ONLY THING THAT ACTUALLY KEEPS ONE FROM GETTING THE VIRUS.  VAXXED FOLKS AND MASK WEARERS STILL GET IT.

Showers keep me squeaky clean but when it comes to your wife’s presumed lack of infection, perhaps the precautions she’s taken (masking) or your hiatus in the woods when you learned you had Covid helped minimize her exposure risk. There are also some paradoxical effects of having a suppressed immune system and getting Covid. Perhaps your wife did have Covid and was a symptomatic. Those antibody tests were terrible in the early days. Not sure how much better they are today. 

THIS IS ALL TANTAMOUNT TO CONSPIRACY THEORIES.

9 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Thats so a hurricane doesnt kill you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know you and I already had our laughs about dopey saying the vaccine is the most important thing on the list to survive a hurricane.  Food and water cracked the top 10 this year. 

We’re 10 months into the vaccine being available and there’s still two sides. We’ll never agree.

Some of you feel comfortable with the shot, great I’m glad it became available as fast as it did and I’m glad it’s as effective as it is!

For me as a healthy young guy that stays in shape, doesn’t smoke etc. I’m perfectly comfortable going about my life with the antibodies I have and living with zero fear with my .000005% chance of dying from covid.

No one in the US doesn’t have the shot that wants it, Let’s move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 10

13 hours ago, Grouse said:

That’s the tragedy of being as embroiled in conspiracy theories as you clearly are. You lose all sense of reality. Rational disbelief transforms into a world view that’s devoid of any verifiable facts. In essence everything is equally plausible and you become unable to discern reality from fiction. 

In this instance, @Shoots100  spent time alone in a cabin after his Covid diagnosis. The explanation that his self-quarantine may have diminished the likelihood of infecting his wife becomes “tantamount” to your conspiracy theory that effective therapeutics are being withheld from the population because they aren’t profitable. It’s really sad. Conspiracy theorists are often isolated and disconnected. Believing that there are folks that are after them or that they have unique insight to the order of things helps them lessen this angst. I urge you to seek help. 

• Like 1

I’m happy Obama had his party.  Why shouldn’t he?  The Trump vax has worked wonders in preventing serious illnesses and death.  I wish he didn't scale it back tbh. We should all be having get togethers and parties. 

Agree. I attended 2 weddings this weekend. Both were over 150 people, unmasked and great times.

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Agree. I attended 2 weddings this weekend. Both were over 150 people, unmasked and great times.

Yeah. Thats the way it should be.  I bet it was even more fun for everyone to get together considering what everyone has went thru the last year. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I’ve been to retirement parties of 100-150 guys since way before things “ opened “ up . That’s the beauty of having your own building , with a bar and commercial kitchen.

That could be a debatable topic by some, but one that doesn’t really interest me tbh.  I just hope you all had fun! 

But today, with mass trump vaccines proving to be top notch, why does anyone care that obama had a party?  It should be celebrated.  

I’m happy Obama had his party.  Why shouldn’t he?  The Trump vax has worked wonders in preventing serious illnesses and death.  I wish he didn't scale it back tbh. We should all be having get togethers and parties. 

As much as I hate Obama and most everyone that associates with him I couldn’t care less about him having a party. I didn’t know he downsized it but I agree he shouldn’t have!

As I said before if you want a shot, you’ve got it, if you want to wear a mask wear it. I’m glad life is moving on! It’s time to quit worrying about dumb shit and live life!

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

As much as I hate Obama and most everyone that associates with him I couldn’t care less about him having a party. I didn’t know he downsized it but I agree he shouldn’t have!

As I said before if you want a shot, you’ve got it, if you want to wear a mask wear it. I’m glad life is moving on! It’s time to quit worrying about dumb shit and live life!

Damn.  Do I have to like both of your posts since you replied twice?? Lol

We are both in the same mindset with your reply.  Unfortunately this will never end if people wont let it end. 

Edited by diplomat019
  • Like 2

So I agree it’s your choice but I feel that if unvaccinated need to go to the hospital they should go to the back of the line as vaccine could generally prevent the need to be there.

• Like 1

So I agree it’s your choice but I feel that if unvaccinated need to go to the hospital they should go to the back of the line as vaccine could generally prevent the need to be there.

Where do I sign up? I’ll sign right now if I never have to hear another word about it!

23 minutes ago, Chef said:

Ahh , so you support a prioritization of triaging patients predicated on punitive measures -ok . And this is because they didn’t - according to you- do everything they could conceivably do that was within their power to prevent infection and serious illness from COVID . Sounds great . So , extending your logic a step further , anyone who smokes cigarettes , doobage, overeats, etc. should also be kicked to the back of the line for the same reason because smoking anything and overeating CLEARLY without a doubt are correlated with more severe outcomes if infected with COVID. Do you smoke anything or overeat - I HOPE NOT because you’ll be kicked to the back of the line !! 

A dangerous and incredibly judgemental position you espouse , my friend . 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Chef said:

I agree with Chef for once.

Every person that eats or smokes anything that even remotely contributes to any type of heart disease should be barred from even entering a hospital, since heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US and is preventable, with a little common sense.

Globally, nearly 18.6 million people died of cardiovascular disease in 2019, the latest year for which worldwide statistics are calculated. That reflects a 17.1% increase over the past decade.

Heart disease is the leading cause of death for men, women, and people of most racial and ethnic groups in the United States. One person dies every 36 seconds in the United States from cardiovascular disease. About 655,000 Americans die from heart disease each year—that's 1 in every 4 deaths.

Covid has nothing on heart disease.

Maybe we should mandate a national diet plan and regulate food consumption, for the children's sake ?

Maybe Mandate a yearly mass body fat index and cardiovascular test ?

Ban smoking or alcohol consumption ?

Don't sound to appealing, but if it saves lives, why not ?

Edited by Shoots100

I agree with Chef for once.
Every person that eats or smokes anything that even remotely contributes to any type of heart disease should be barred from even entering a hospital, since heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US and is preventable, with a little common sense.

Globally, nearly 18.6 million people died of cardiovascular disease in 2019, the latest year for which worldwide statistics are calculated. That reflects a 17.1% increase over the past decade.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for men, women, and people of most racial and ethnic groups in the United States. One person dies every 36 seconds in the United States from cardiovascular disease. About 655,000 Americans die from heart disease each year—that's 1 in every 4 deaths.
Covid has nothing on heart disease.
Maybe we should mandate a national diet plan and regulate food consumption, for the children's sake ?
Maybe Mandate a yearly mass body fat index and cardiovascular test ?
Ban smoking or alcohol consumption ?
Don't sound to appealing, but if it saves lives, why not ?

That’s actually not what I said at all… but In this situation where hospitals are being overcrowded and yes this is happening in places like Louisiana… a in vaxed covid patient should be at the back of the line compared to others.

2 hours ago, Chef said:

So I would guess the vaccinated should be at the back with them. What the frig is the difference when they both have the same exact shit shot or no shot. Hence how stupid this really is.