Stuck Nissan Sentara, ATV with a tire tied to it =

mowin

High centered Nissan attempted to get unstuck by a atv pushing on the front of the car with a tire between the two. 

I come around the corner just in time to see the guy on the quad get a running start a few feet from the car.  Yep.  Air bag goes off.  I stop to see if driver is ok, she was.  She asks if it can get her unstuck as she's late for work.  Told her she had better call in and after that call a wrecker, because her car isn't going to start.  Needless to say she had a bad day. 

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

A lot of people just aren't aware when why and how the airbags go off.  Towing and winching are best left to the pros for multiple reasons.

Yep ! A few years ago youngest hits an ice spot on 104 ends up in a snow bank . She calls me and says some guy in a beat up truck will pull her out   , I say NO , You can’t tow a car out backwards across an expressway , without shutting things down for a bit .

I get there and a Trooper who the day before I worked a flipped Jeep on 490 was there , he sent the hillbilly on his way and had a wrecker in route . 

That’s a pretty good hit to set off that airbag , I’ve been to idk a thousand of accidents and would sometimes be amazed at the damage and they didn’t go,off . My daughter last year , chain reaction ,8k in damage to her car , air bag never went off .

That gal is looking at an airbag at plus or minus a grand , front sensor , and whatever other damage ATV guy did , at the least ..

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

I feel like now the only way to get a car out of snow is to dig it out. As a non tow truck driver there is no way I'm hooking up to a car to pull them out with my truck. 

Eh, I guess it’s the good ol’ boy in me but I have and still will give someone a tow if it’s not too much of a problem. I’m sure I’m putting myself out there by doing it but it’s the way of life these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

way too many backyard tows go bad.  Chain breaks and it does damage, hook to parts that they shouldn't and bend and break steering components etc.  Bend out a fender cause the vehicle slid and chain hit it  etc....Or the good ole tow down the road and I will use my brakes to stop you. Then cook your brakes but buddy got a free tow.  I tow nothing.  When I worked for DOT many moons ago, guys used to carry a chain in the truck to tow people out. That had a stop put to it quick when people would call and say there is damage to their car after.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Eh, I guess it’s the good ol’ boy in me but I have and still will give someone a tow if it’s not too much of a problem. I’m sure I’m putting myself out there by doing it but it’s the way of life these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had a buddy that needed a tow I would pay for them if they didn't have the cash before I would tow something.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nomad said:

And today, the farmer had to come over and pull my truck, out .....

Thats the old saying 4 wheel drive only gets you stuck in farther .

Been in that situation.  Sometimes its a lifesaver,  sometimes it gets you into more  trouble.  

15 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Don't you dare say you don't have pictures...........

Nope . Wasn’t in that far , funny part was I dropped off three boxes of ammo for him at the farm shop, nobody around .

He calls me as I’m, pulling in , he hears  me say a bad word and asks “ did you just get stuck ? “ lol 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Nope . Wasn’t in that far , funny part was I dropped off three boxes of ammo for him at the farm shop, nobody around .

He calls me as I’m, pulling in , he hears  me say a bad word and asks “ did you just get stuck ? “ lol 

Next time, burn some film.  Kodak will benefit. :)

If I had my topper on, I'd never have gotten stuck..................

A51one2.jpg

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Fat Dan said:

That’s crazy the airbag went off that easily.  

Oh, isn't wasn't that easy. The guy on the quad had a 15' running start and  hit the corner of the bumper. What i seen as I rounded the corner was a quad gunning it and as he hit the car, he about flew over the handlebars.   

• Like 2