It's Been Fun

fasteddie

Exactly. Nothing good is going to come from "making a stand" in that moment. Its like arguing with a flight crew lol

I released the biggest crappy I ever caught back through the ice this winter since a local pd was throwing me off the ice because “it is illegal for you to ice fish here.” Umm no it’s not but ok....he apologized after I chatted him up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chef said:

So if you got pulled over go 25 in a 30 and got a ticket saying you were going 65 you wouldn’t fight it? Who are you kidding

Of course I would - in court, with an attorney. Not alone against the officer on the roadside stop. You've attributed a different context and situation to my response than you did in your original question.

You said the following; So if I cop wanted you to do something they did not have the legal authority to ask you to do..... you would comply?

I answered that I would.

What would you do in that case, fist fight the cop?

• Like 3

Of course I would - in court, with an attorney. Not alone against the officer on the roadside stop. You've attributed a different context and situation to my response than you did in your original question.
You said the following; So if I cop wanted you to do something they did not have the legal authority to ask you to do..... you would comply?
I answered that I would.

No but when I drove away I’d drive 25 again..... which is exactly what I did here

Of course I would - in court, with an attorney.

And that's basically exactly what happened with that picture. It was appealed and overruled so it kept going up then someone kept removing it due to personal opinion rather than the rule of law.

#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

3 hours ago, Nomad said:

I love the orange strap I put on my pilots watch , it’s a rubber strap infused with vanilla, as rubber tends to pick up smell from sweat . My inside joke is it’s a dive strap on a pilots watch !

The pilots watch is sterile , ie, no branding or listing the country that the movement was made in , in case  I go down behind enemy lines .

Tomorrow we can talk about my Seiko dive watch model SKX007 that was customized by a maker in Hong Kong ,that I then added a shark mesh strap too . Now I gotta figure out how to reset the clock on my Subaru ....

If you run out of material you can tell them about my Garmin Instinct :) 

I released the biggest crappy I ever caught back through the ice this winter since a local pd was throwing me off the ice because “it is illegal for you to ice fish here.” Umm no it’s not but ok....he apologized after I chatted him up.

8” and biggest shouldn’t be used in same sentence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I answered that I would.

We need to remain cognizant of the fact that not everybody has the luxury to take a slap on the wrist now and litigate later. If you’re poor and/or a minority in this country, entering the legal system can have profound consequences to your life. Even going to court for something as minor as having an expired license or exceeding the speed limit can result in lost wages and perhaps missed meals. If you’re in that position and you know you weren’t speeding, submitting to a police officer and dealing with the consequences later can be really hard. 

I’ve used my status (and friendly smile) more times than I care to admit to get out of a ticket. When that fails, I’ve paid lawyers to take care of it for me. As we throw our privilege around we should acknowledge the reality that what we may find trivial or inconsequential can be life altering to many folks. 

A black professor had an unfortunate run in with the police and he documented it. It’s a great read: https://www.stevelocke.com/blog/i-fit-the-description 

8 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

And that's basically exactly what happened with that picture. It was appealed and overruled so it kept going up then someone kept removing it due to personal opinion rather than the rule of law.

#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

I never said anything about the pic. I didn't like your punk move of poking Eddie in the eye a couple of times on his way out. You keep avoiding that aspect and going back to your "right" to post your fat chick pic. 

• Like 7

I never said anything about the pic. I didn't like your punk move of poking Eddie in the eye a couple of times on his way out. You keep avoiding that aspect and going back to your "right" to post your fat chick pic. 
I'm not poking him in the eye as a member here. Merely in terms of modding

#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

6 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

We need to remain cognizant of the fact that not everybody has the luxury to take a slap on the wrist now and litigate later. If you’re poor and/or a minority in this country, entering the legal system can have profound consequences to your life. Even going to court for something as minor as having an expired license or exceeding the speed limit can result in lost wages and perhaps missed meals. If you’re in that position and you know you weren’t speeding, submitting to a police officer and dealing with the consequences later can be really hard. 

I’ve used my status (and friendly smile) more times than I care to admit to get out of a ticket. When that fails, I’ve paid lawyers to take care of it for me. As we throw our privilege around we should acknowledge the reality that what we may find trivial or inconsequential can be life altering to many folks. 

A black professor had an unfortunate run in with the police and he documented it. It’s a great read: https://www.stevelocke.com/blog/i-fit-the-description 

I wasn't talking about that and you know it, so don't tell me I should be cognizant of some other thing when I was directly answering a specific question. I was asked if I would comply with an officer's unlawful order.

Everything you said here may be relevant to society, but it's certainly not relevant to my answer of the question I was asked. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

and to continue the analogy, the cop quit. Which is his right. Many cops have quit recently as they've felt their lives are in dangers or the laws they're asked to enforce are unjust.

This analogy is obviously a lot more serious than the silly one we have here, but it still fits. 

31 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

:rolleyes:

there's a vegan board that would love to entertain your opinion. There's no reason to bring race into this. Why can't america stop bringing race into EVERYthing?

• Like 2

and to continue the analogy, the cop quit. Which is his right. Many cops have quit recently as they've felt their lives are in dangers or the laws they're asked to enforce are unjust.
This analogy is obviously a lot more serious than the silly one we have here, but it still fits. 
Idk if I'd call his life in jeopardy hell I like Eddie as a member. I just disagreed with some not all of his removals especially the pg ones specifically of a belly button. Hell if he came to one of the meets I'd gladly buy him a beer and love to chat about our skirmishes between member and mod. All in good fun. We love ya eddie. Hopefully you stay on as a member. Enjoy the vacation in the meantime. It's nice to get away from social for a bit

#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

29 minutes ago, Belo said:

there's a vegan board that would love to entertain your opinion. There's no reason to bring race into this. Why can't america stop bringing race into EVERYthing?

Not just race. Income, etc. Put it all together and we can call it status. 
We should all be on these vegan forums.  Where else will we recruit new hunters from? 

1 hour ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I wasn't talking about that and you know it, so don't tell me I should be cognizant of some other thing when I was directly answering a specific question. I was asked if I would comply with an officer's unlawful order.

Everything you said here may be relevant to society, but it's certainly not relevant to my answer of the question I was asked. 

The idea that you would comply with an unlawful order from a police officer is preposterous. The only way that would even come close to making any sense is if you have absolutely nothing to lose.
To bring it full circle, I ask you this. Without nasty picture sharing, what would jerkman have left? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Belo said:

I'll bring it in. How come Deshaun Watson might go from highest paid QB to cancelled, but it was ok/funny for Peyton Manning to put his nuts/grundle/butthole in a doctors face in college?

EDIT - Btw, I hope deshaun is dunzo since it helps chiefs. The kareem hunt loss hurt us, i'd love him back.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld