arrow rest.

Red

ive been using the whisker biscuit for the last 5 years or so but im getting sick of replacing the disc each summer and it also messing up my fletchings. i love the containment of this rest being able to have the arrow in the rest and not worry about it falling. but im ready for something new.

im looking for some opinions on any toher containment rests out there that some of you might have experiences with. any insight would great

I stayed with the whisker biscuit, I shoot in a league and it is accurate and has not torn the fletchings.

The drop of glue at the start of the fletching does the trick. A few of the guys are staying with the biscuit as it is pretty bomb proof in the field. I shoot all year around what I shoot in the field.

I shoot 70-80 arrows every Friday night with success.

Just my .02 worth............

i use blazer vanes it doesnt really rip up my fletchings so much anymore more of how much the bicuit wears out. i did try a pretty good trick this past hunting season that kept it from wearing down and made it way 100% silent i glued mole skin on the black bristles. i end up having to replace my bisuit every summer and just kind of getting sick f it but i shouldnt complain to much one of the guys at dicks sporting goods lets me buy a new biscuit some times and return the old one for a refund lol.

im definitely gonna try the glue on the fronts of the vanes of heard peole at gander talking about this i just never tried it. thank yous for all the tips and info

Edited by Red

go to the large hole WB size for xl alum arrows. You will have zero issue with fletch waring out and still have a easy to setup and use hunting rest. The smaller carbon shaft will just ride the same place on the botton of the rest. I also incrased the overall speed of the arrow by 3 to 5 feet per second.

• Like 1

go to the large hole WB size for xl alum arrows. You will have zero issue with fletch waring out and still have a easy to setup and use hunting rest. The smaller carbon shaft will just ride the same place on the botton of the rest. I also incrased the overall speed of the arrow by 3 to 5 feet per second.

I think i'll be trying this this season... No effect on accuracy?

Not a die hard bow hunter but a year and a half ago I went and bought a new set up after 10 years. I went with a drop away rest and havent had any problems with it.They were rather expensive but I will probably keep the bow for a long time.I dont need to run out and buy latest and greatest. t

I think i'll be trying this this season... No effect on accuracy?

no change in accuracy at all. Just shot this setup in Myrtle beach sand dune archers 2nd 3D shoot and had the best score I have ever shot, only two arrows out of 32 that were in the wound. Those were me, trying to move head as I released to see how well I shot. Nothing like me stupid and breaking your shot form.

thank you wnybuck lasy year i was googling ways to silence the whisker biscuit and i came across the scorpion venom but i never heard of anyone one using it im gonna have to give this a try. how often do you spray it on your rest?

I have the quad hd and have been happy with it since day one. I don't have any problems with it being noisy I think the felt it comes with takes care of that for me. I would definitely recommend it if price isn't a factor.

I just purchased the quad HD for my MQ1 about 4 months ago and it works great!!!

Cost about 110 on the internet but it is worth it. I went through about 5 rests untile getting this one, including the whisker biskuit. One additional plus is extra fps on you arrow due to less resistance making longer shots easer to calculate...