They want us to start wearing masks again???

Gobbler Chaser

1 hour ago, New York Hillbilly said:

Again, here we go with the name calling! Typical from you I must say.

I had a teacher once tell me the only stupid question is the one that does not get asked.

With this pandemic or any other for that mater, it is important to know the sources so you know how to respond appropriately. Asking if the influx of people into this country is adding to the problem is smart, not an attack against them personally. But again, with your demonstrated history of thinking and mouthy comments I would have expected nothing less. 

You may think me an idiot as you say, and you are entitled to your opinion. You on the other hand are in my opinion a bully and I have no idea how you have not gotten the boot from this site long ago. 

And for the record; this "idiot" is medical professional who has been on the front line from the start of this all.

So do you as a self proclaimed idiot even remotely believe that letting untested vermin walk into our country is not a huge issue??

No that would be the cake that you take. When these friggin idiots running this country start really trying to stop the shit then maybe Americans will also.  Takes a complete idiot to think that by them letting these untested for any shit disease is not harming Americans!  

FYI I am completely against illegal immigration. My belief is that if people want to come here they should come on seasonal work visas to pick produce or what ever…. Do it for x amount of season get sponsored by a company and then be allowed to stay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Chef said:

FYI I am completely against illegal immigration. My belief is that if people want to come here they should come on seasonal work visas to pick produce or what ever…. Do it for x amount of season get sponsored by a company and then be allowed to stay

So where is your up in arms attitude about that?   You can’t deny we had this shit on the run and you can’t deny the guy you most likely support is the cause of it. Point your hatred to the reason not the people that deny to listen to these idiots. 

• Like 1

I'm not up on the latest outbreak numbers, don't watch the news, and have no idea what's going on with the vaccines. I don't care. I live my life the way I think is right, I don't mandate my beliefs about health onto anyone. If you want a vaccine, get one. Stop worrying what everyone else is doing. Don't people know how to live their own life anymore? Its not anyone's concern why I choose not to get vaccinated. Did anyone care before that I've never had a flu shot? I choose to limit any pharmaceuticals that go into my body because a lot of them are worse than the diagnosis. In 20 years when 1 billion people have liver failure or lesions or God knows what else, don't cry to me. You do you and let others do the same. The government does not care about your health, it's driven by money, stop being an idiot. My public service announcement is done.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, chrisw said:

I'm not up on the latest outbreak numbers, don't watch the news, and have no idea what's going on with the vaccines. I don't care. I live my life the way I think is right, I don't mandate my beliefs about health onto anyone. If you want a vaccine, get one. Stop worrying what everyone else is doing. Don't people know how to live their own life anymore? Its not anyone's concern why I choose not to get vaccinated. Did anyone care before that I've never had a flu shot? I choose to limit any pharmaceuticals that go into my body because a lot of them are worse than the diagnosis. In 20 years when 1 billion people have liver failure or lesions or God knows what else, don't cry to me. You do you and let others do the same. The government does not care about your health, it's driven by money, stop being an idiot. My public service announcement is done.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Best thing I've seen on this subject. Without calling somebody or a group of people names because they disagree with their opinion, how refreshing. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chef said:

I think if you think that illegal aliens add to the spread of a virus that has been running rampant In our country for over a year that you are a idiot.

The last few months the virus was very well under control, not running rampant.  Numbers for infections and deaths were way down. 

Since Biden started letting illegals in to the tune of 1 million or more, suddenly it IS running rampant again.  I think there might be a connection. 

And since he's intentionally letting them in, and intentionally spreading them around the country, I think there may be a connection to the idea he's using them to distract from all the leftist crap he's jamming down our throats and the results of the state election audits that are about to be published.

Personally I see this virus as being about the least dangerous thing we have to worry about happening in this country today.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2021 at 11:53 AM, Gobbler Chaser said:

This is largely a virus of the unvaccinated now. The very people that said Jesus will protect them, that Bill Gates and Democrats are putting micro chips in every dose of vaccine. Do I really have to wear a mask now to protect these fools. I mean the vaccine has been around for some time now and we could have vaccinated 90% of the population by now and have herd immunity and eradicated Covid by now if it weren't for these nuts jobs. I received my vaccine months ago and so has my entire family. I believe we just let natural selection do it's thing from here on out. I'm not going to wear a mask to help protect the anti vaxxer dingaling crowd for now.

Is this opinion or fact? If you think it’s fact what sources were used to come to your determination. 

Im pretty surprised by this thread. There’s  some liberal trash being spouted. 

• Like 1

There is certainly no shortage of uninformed opinions, on both sides of the fence. My favorite is the ones that go, "I don't know anything about anything, but I'm going to tell you how I feel, and if you don't like it, go tread water". I find those to be incredibly useful in making rational, well-considered decisions. 

FYI, while I do not support illegal immigration, the numbers of COVID+ hosts here in the states far outweigh any influx from over the border. Drop in a bucket, and simply an excuse to rail against the administration. It's a talking point for the right. I think that the border situation is a joke, but I will use facts to support my arguments.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, knehrke said:

FYI, while I do not support illegal immigration, the numbers of COVID+ hosts here in the states far outweigh any influx from over the border. Drop in a bucket, and simply an excuse to rail against the administration. It's a talking point for the right. I think that the border situation is a joke, but I will use facts to support my arguments.

Absolutely 100% correct!!  Plus, these same clowns who complain about the illegals carrying it in also tell us that the virus is just a head cold and there is no need for vaccines/masks/shutdowns. etc. so what the hell are they worried about?  They just want to bitch for the sake of bitching.  Period.

• Like 1

Best thing I've seen on this subject. Without calling somebody or a group of people names because they disagree with their opinion, how refreshing. 

The problem with this thinking is if everyone thought like this we would still have polio, mumps, large measles outbreaks, and all sorts of other nasty diseases

11 minutes ago, Chef said:

The problem with this thinking is if everyone thought like this we would still have polio, mumps, large measles outbreaks, and all sorts of other nasty diseases

All kept dormant with vaccines that actually work. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Chef said:

And there's what's wrong with your theory. 

Not everyone got the polio, mumps, measles vaccine. Still alive we are..

But yet here you are saying everyone needs to get this vax or we'll never get back to normal. 

And there's what's wrong with your theory. 
Not everyone got the polio, mumps, measles vaccine. Still alive we are..
But yet here you are saying everyone needs to get this vax or we'll never get back to normal. 

Right now we are at around 50% vaxed jn this country… with those other vaccines the rates exceed 90%

1 minute ago, Chef said:

Right now we are at around 50% vaxed jn this country… with those other vaccines the rates exceed 90%

They also work as intended ,not like the smoke and mirror show we are witnessing right now.

• Like 1

They also work as intended ,not like the smoke and mirror show we are witnessing right now.

Over 90% currently hospitalized are un vaxed and 97% of deaths are un vaxed id say they work just fine

1 hour ago, knehrke said:

There is certainly no shortage of uninformed opinions, on both sides of the fence. My favorite is the ones that go, "I don't know anything about anything, but I'm going to tell you how I feel, and if you don't like it, go tread water". I find those to be incredibly useful in making rational, well-considered decisions. 

And how can you be sure of that when the illegals are not being tested on a consistent basis . I believe border patrol was saying they do not test - do you know if they do or don’t and how accurately the stats are compiled? I don’t , but comparing supposed stats from illegals positivity rates to those that are known originating from our own hospitals or clinics and then drawing conclusions sounds a lot like guess work to me . What DOES make sense though is , if your in the middle of a surge from a major pandemic and your Government is irresponsibly allowing millions of foreigners , strangers , illegals to stream across our border unfettered , They should be roundly condemned for such reckless policies . Biden’s administration currently is engaged in doing so and were busting his ass for it . Very poor management of our border -period .

Edited by Northcountryman
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Chef said:

Then you should be utterly mortified about how the current administrations handling of our southern border - it is scary and an absolute embarrassment. 

Then you should be utterly mortified about how the current administrations handling of our southern border - it is scary and an absolute embarrassment. 

Sure but it has nothing to do with the covid pandemic and that’s what this topic is about

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, knehrke said:

Biden has been allowing illegals across the border for 6 months now and their numbers have reached 1 million or more.  They are coming from places with extremely low vaccination rates and high COVID positive rates.  Those are facts.

If this administration has been transporting them around the country for months now and they have high infection rates, why would you say it's a drop in the bucket?  If one person is in a populated area, they can start a spread of the virus that will affect hundreds of people within days. 

The spike in the number of COVID hosts seems to correspond to this administration's disregard of the massive influx of illegals.  The COVID numbers were way down before this started.  That's not a talking point.  The hosts coming across the border now is small compared to what is in the US now, but what is in the US now may very well be because of what has come over the border in the last 6 months.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Chef said:

Sure but it has nothing to do with the covid pandemic and that’s what this topic is about

It has nothing to do with it ??? 

All those illegals streaming across potentially spreading the delta variant to American citizens ?? 

Think you’re wrong about that 

It has nothing to do with it ??? 

All those illegals streaming across potentially spreading the delta variant to American citizens ?? 

Think you’re wrong about that 

Not in a significant way no.. they are not a major contributing factor to the spread of covid in this country

2 minutes ago, Chef said:

Not in a significant way no.. they are not a major contributing factor to the spread of covid in this country

With all due respect , Chef , your position is contradictory. On one hand , your on here railing against people -who are American citizens -that aren’t vaccinated , calling them stupid and ignorant , etc. ; yet , your ok with over a MILLION people streaming across , unchecked and unfettered , whose vaccination ( and infection status) is largely unknown, potentially spreading the virus to innocent Americans citizens . If you’re preaching vaccinations to beat the virus and busting people’s chops to those who haven’t received it heretofore , yet , are ok with this , I would say you have completely undermined your own argument- don’t you think? 

• Like 4