Afghanistan falls in a week, WTH?

8 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Remember Biden told Obama not to kill Bin Laden…

Then he took credit for it …

Fight them over there , or fight the here 

Bin laden was in Pakistan gonna invade them too? And Syria and Iraq and Iran and Somalia and Yemen and .......

What's the biggest threat right now? China and Russia cyber attacks. 

Afghanistan isn't the center of the United States threats. Time to get out.  And any time we got out was gonna be a mess. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Bin laden was in Pakistan gonna invade them too? And Syria and Iraq and Iran and Somalia and Yemen and .......

Afghanistan isn't the center of the United States threats. Time to get out.  And any time we got out was gonna be a mess. 

The plan (if you want to call it that)was poorly conceived and naively relied on the Afghan military to handle things for themselves when his militrary advisors CLEARLY TOLD HIM TO LEAVE A CONTINGENT THERE A BIT LONGER TO HANDLE THE EVACUATION- he ignored the advice.  The disaster unfolding is the result and mskes a mockery of us on the wrold stage- pathetic. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, luberhill said:

Well we now just handed the Taliban their own airport complete with planes, more firepower, etc

They wanted to leave  them some toys for the next war i guess . It never ends over there. 

Edited by phantom

32 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Give them a few weeks they will be  fighting among  themselves watch .

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

The plan (if you want to call it that)was poorly conceived and naively relied on the Afghan military to handle things for themselves when his militrary advisors CLEARLY TOLD HIM TO LEAVE A CONTINGENT THERE A BIT LONGER TO HANDLE THE EVACUATION- he ignored the advice.  The disaster unfolding is the result and mskes a mockery of us on the wrold stage- pathetic. 

The evacuation of afghan citizens that want out won't change over a bit longer .... for reference see Syria. It was gonna be messy regardless. Leave a smattering of troops there in harm's way isn't a win either. There is no win in this, it's all a mess. Could it have been better definitely. We could also have 500 of our troops and our embassy surrounded and have to go in and get them with yet more troops.  It's no win man. It all.was gonna fall apart the minute we moved. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

The evacuation of afghan citizens that want out won't change over a bit longer .... for reference see Syria. It was gonna be messy regardless. Leave a smattering of troops there in harm's way isn't a win either. There is no win in this, it's all a mess. Could it have been better definitely. We could also have 500 of our troops and our embassy surrounded and have to go in and get them with yet more troops.  It's no win man. It all.was gonna fall apart the minute we moved. 

It DEFINITELY could have been handled better , especially considering advice from the military was ignored. Also, knowing the timeline that was delineated, why didnt they commence evacuations of the people that helped us months ago a little at a time to make it more manageable ? Now its a cluster*&$#.  Biden isan absolute embarassment- you nkow this is so when even Communist News and MSDNC are criticizing him- thats bad!!

• Like 2

Just now, Northcountryman said:

It DEFINITELY could have been handled better , especially considering advice from the military was ignored. Also, knowing the timeline that was delineated, why didnt they commence evacuations of the people that helped us months ago a little at a time to make it more manageable ? Now its a cluster*&$#.  Biden isan absolute embarassment- you nkow this is so when even Communist News and MSDNC are criticizing him- thats bad!!

Look at all the people at the airport hanging off of the planes . So you really think this was gonna trickle.... it's either rip the band aid or keep it gping. Again see Syria.... You can't take them all. There's no fairy tale ending here.  If the people want change they need to effect and help change.  Or we just stay and call it United Stan. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Look at all the people at the airport hanging off of the planes . So you really think this was gonna trickle.... it's either rip the band aid or keep it gping. Again see Syria.... You can't take them all. There's no fairy tale ending here.  If the people want change they need to effect and help change.  Or we just stay and call it United Stan. 

Thats because of the incredibly poor planning!!  Yes, of course I do; did not have to end up that way.

45 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Remember when all this nonsense use to be kept in the political section. What in hell has happened to the moderation on this site ?

Moderators are MIA. The same folks that start these want us to follow their politics but can't seem to find the political section. Lol

I don't care of the same 8 people try to go back and forth and never realize they won't change each other's minds, but id like to be able to get away from it, and look for it if I'm interested.  

Supposed to be a friendly hunting site is turning into the rest of the internet it seems. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Moderators are MIA. The same folks that start these want us to follow their politics but can't seem to find the political section. Lol

I don't care of the same 8 people try to go back and forth and never realize they won't change each other's minds, but id like to be able to get away from it, and look for it if I'm interested.  

Supposed to be a friendly hunting site is turning into the rest of the internet it seems. 

Bionic for moderator 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Northcountryman said:

Thats because of the incredibly poor planning!!  Yes, of course I do; did not have to end up that way.

If you think this was gonna trickle out then you also aren't reading the Intel.  All the Intel said it will fall as soon as we leave. Do you think the Taliban wasn't gonna move and push at every opportunity.  All waiting does is put our troops more in harm's way.  We have been planning and strategizing for 20 years there and never got it right. Dunno why you would think another couple of weeks would make a difference.  Hey maybe the post office will get better too in a month cause govt planning always goes so well. Lol. 

36 minutes ago, First-light said:

It's done and over with. Like I said Biden 1 term President and will do shit others won't. This place has been in pieces since the beginning of time. Let them have at it. 

That's the truth.  Some don't seem to have a grasp of history (or facts).  This was going to end the same way, no matter who was in charge.  It's convenient to point fingers, but it doesn't change the facts.  

A homegrown attack on our own capitol is no big deal, but the downfall of an unstable government on the other side of the world is somehow more outrageous.  Okay.

Here's to hoping that there's some hunting related stuff on this site at some point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have no problem with leaving that lawless, godforsaken s-hole. My only issue is in HOW it's being handled. Americans and collaborators are still there. Collaborators are being hunted down and executed already, along with their immediate families. Horrifying. Why would anyone in that situation ever help us again?

Also, we are diminished in military effectiveness by the way this all looks. Again, by HOW this is happening. China just issued a statement to Taiwan that pointed to Afghanistan and basically said we would abandon Taiwan if China invades.

Wouldn't this be a perfect time for China to try to reunify Taiwan, and Russia to invade the Ukraine. They must certainly feel emboldened.

And while I'm enjoying this thread, it belongs in the political section.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I have no problem with leaving that lawless, godforsaken s-hole. My only issue is in HOW it's being handled. Americans and collaborators are still there. Collaborators are being hunted down and executed already, along with their immediate families. Horrifying. Why would anyone in that situation ever help us again?

Also, we are diminished in military effectiveness by the way this all looks. Again, by HOW this is happening. China just issued a statement to Taiwan that pointed to Afghanistan and basically said we would abandon Taiwan if China invades.

Wouldn't this be a perfect time for China to try to reunify Taiwan, and Russia to invade the Ukraine. They must certainly feel emboldened.

And while I'm enjoying this thread, it belongs in the political section.

We are not stepping into blocking the Russians from Ukraine or the Chinese into Taiwan. There isn't enough threat there for us to jump into WW3.  We would denounce it, do sanctions and watch it happen.  Regardless of who was elected.  

Yes I agree though we certainly aren't looking the strongest by any means in many different ways. 

Collaborators are generally that to help with changing their country and not usually too willing to leave. Other Americans should def have been given the chance to get out but they have been told since last year that we were drawing down and on an exit strategy.  And there's if you decide to live in Afghanistan as an American like most middle east countries, your playing with fire daily.  

I do think they were surprised that it happened as well in basically 48 hours. I don't think anyone predicted quite that quick for the capitol to fall and the president to bail on the country. Most knew it would happen quick but not 48 hours Arab spring quick. But remember Trump did sign a plan to be out by May.  It shouldn't have been that big of a surprise if your paying attention. And if I lived there I would for sure pay attention.  

Terrible for sure, but I don't see Biden masterminding the drawdown himself. I would see it more as asking his generals and advisors how fast can we get out, then make it happen.  Plus any administration will look at this as let's not make it a 2 -3 month story, let's get out , it will be messy and then off the news cycle in 5 days. Slow or quick just as many people will suffer unfortunately.  See what happened to the Kurds.... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

If you think this was gonna trickle out then you also aren't reading the Intel.  All the Intel said it will fall as soon as we leave. Do you think the Taliban wasn't gonna move and push at every opportunity.  All waiting does is put our troops more in harm's way.  We have been planning and strategizing for 20 years there and never got it right. Dunno why you would think another couple of weeks would make a difference.  Hey maybe the post office will get better too in a month cause govt planning always goes so well. Lol. 

You’re not understanding what I’m saying - if they knew that they were gonna withdraw as they obviously didn’t, they should have been planning a safe evacuation process for all western diplomats and the afghan people who helped us - they didn’t do this . It is embarrassing . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Merlot said:

Was out of his hands from the beginning...the puppet masters were not about to do what Trump was doing, so we get what we get...a disaster on multiple fronts. 

Not true - he mismanaged it from the beginning , ignoring advice from military advice from those around him. This is his mess , and well deserved . 

3 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Was just watching an interview with an afghan soldier that was deployed there.  His story is all we need to know.  He said they met with 4 Afghan leaders and he was very impressed with them and the desire they showed to start getting their country straightened out and to a new start.  The meeting ended and the Afghan leaders went out and got into a pickup truck, one of them pulled out an automatic rifle and started firing and hit him and killed one of the others that were meeting with them.  Nuff said.

We never should have been there. Bin laden spent most of his hiding time in Pakistan. It's just we weren't going in there cause of deeper political issues and they also are a nuclear power. 

After 911 we def needed to make a response. It should have stopped at the bombings or been more focused on those involved.  Then get Bin laden and get out. 

There will always be another radical or terrorist group to come about. Call them by any name Isis, Taliban , Alqueda, etc. 

That is simply not true as Al Quida was well entrenched in Afghanistan and mush off the 911 planning was conceived there. We did right being there . Stayed too long ? Sure , I’ll give you that but don’t say w never should have been there In first place as that is absurd . 

5 hours ago, diplomat019 said:

Im not understanding all this blow stuff up talk.  We finally had a president for the first time in a long time who didn't bring us to war and was able to have dialogue with other leaders, while also delivering us the Trump vaccine.  That was phenomenal.   I’m not in favor of more obama era bombings and dronings.   

Huh?