Who's not even close to ready.....

mowin

10 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

I am so ready, but waiting on delayed charter into camp as previous group is recovering a buffalo shot at last light yesterday. Its all good, tomorrow is first hunting day other then a few minutes to check rifle at camp all is well.

So im working on a new knife for this hunt with a stone i have along. Still needs some sanding and stone work, but getting there. Maple and tool steel.

20210930_141716.thumb.jpg.646eb5e5e9eaf4bdab03298c5deeb1a0.jpg

Put them in the salt! (i think i phrased it right?)

1 hour ago, Swamp_bucks said:

I thought that's who you go through.  He's usually open Friday from 4-8.  

I use his shop for everything unless I have to get something matthews specific that he can't get. 

My next bow very well might be a hoyt ventum 33,then I could get everything there...

Edited by BowmanMike

13 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

I use his shop for everything unless I have to get something matthews specific that he can't get. 

My next bow very well might be a hoyt ventum 33,then I could get everything there...

He's also selling another brand now.  Athens I think?  Yea Ron is the best in the area I think.  I send everyone over to him. I'm going to have him build me a dozen arrows for next year.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dinsdale said:

I am so ready, but waiting on delayed charter into camp as previous group is recovering a buffalo shot at last light yesterday. Its all good, tomorrow is first hunting day other then a few minutes to check rifle at camp all is well.

So im working on a new knife for this hunt with a stone i have along. Still needs some sanding and stone work, but getting there. Maple and tool steel.

20210930_141716.thumb.jpg.646eb5e5e9eaf4bdab03298c5deeb1a0.jpg

You out after buff?

He's also selling another brand now.  Athens I think?  Yea Ron is the best in the area I think.  I send everyone over to him. I'm going to have him build me a dozen arrows for next year.
If he's an Athens dealer take the time and shoot a few.....they are sweet shooters. Years ago I had an Athens Ibex....solid back wall....and a real shooter.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

If he's an Athens dealer take the time and shoot a few.....they are sweet shooters. Years ago I had an Athens Ibex....solid back wall....and a real shooter.

Who needs a new bow? it is like looking at puppies,don't do it unless you want to bring one home. 

I went and got the arrows today and they shoot well with the heavier broadheads. I need to sharpen the heads and will be out Saturday. It looks like it will be a great opening morning tomorrow,good luck to all.

1 hour ago, mlammerhirt said:

A friend went over and shot them and loved it. He's waiting to see what elite beings out this coming year before he makes a decision 

• Like 1