season opener

Danny

well gentleman/ladies i just wanted to wish everyone a safe and successfull experience for those heading out this week, This is the first time i will be doing a solo hunting mission my plan will be aaheading up to camp on sunday scouting around the 50 acres followed by the 12000 acres of state land in nearby shcolarie county (10 min drive) then successful or not headed home thursday

whats your plans????

Dan

I'm heading to orange county to hunt there with some friends on tuesday morn. Then heading up to greene county to hunt alone for 3 days until my brothers arrive friday night to finish off the week. Good luck to everybody going out!!!

John

slight change of plans worked out for the better, i was supposed to head up this morning but i got a call to fish Jamaica bay and got to do a number on the bass, i would have missed a call that came in to hunt a buddys uncles farm on tuesday, word has it there are birds around every day..... :)

win win throttled the bass this morning and new property to hunt on tuesday :)

I will be getting home from work in the morning and going to bed. Shot a 23 lbs tom 3 yrs ago and a 22 lbs tom the next. Both tasted like crap. Shot a small hen in the fall, still tasted like crap. Not wasting my time on something I do not plan on eating. Only thing I can think of that tastes worse would be a goose or a boar hog. :P

I will be getting home from work in the morning and going to bed. Shot a 23 lbs tom 3 yrs ago and a 22 lbs tom the next. Both tasted like crap. Shot a small hen in the fall, still tasted like crap. Not wasting my time on something I do not plan on eating. Only thing I can think of that tastes worse would be a goose or a boar hog. :P

Are you kidding? You need to slow cook the turkey in tomato sauce for a few hours. The meat will fall off the bone and spoon it over some cavetelli. Any other way it is tough and gamey.

I am heading to camp this afternoon if my truck is available. Daughters car is in the shop so she is using my truck. I am off all week. worst case scenario I will have her take me over and drop me off. Out in the am bright and early

Skin the the bird out ,cut out breast and debone .Cut into strips of 1"x3" in. , wash in egg wash and roll in bread crumbs (I like the Italian with seasoning). Use a sauce pan and put olive oil in pan(1 1/2" to 2"in) bring oil to a slow rolling boil and cook for 4 or 5 min or golden brown. Best way I found for wild turkey,moist and tender if you have kids they will eat them faster then you can make them. I hunted for many years and have taken two gobblers every year and this is the only way that I fould that everyone likes it.

wild turkey is the best meat ive ever had if you cook it right. my fiance doesnt care for any game and she absolutely devoured it. cant wait to cook the next one.

i did a lot of scouting this past weekend and found some good birds. ill be out first thing tomorrow morning and every morning every weekend throughout the month. best of luck to all.

I will be at my friends farm in orange county. They have a big flock that is destroying there crop. unfortunetly we can only takes toms or jakes and with a bag limit.... The DEC says the amount of crop destroyed doesnt qualify them for a permit to take out all the turkey year round... so we will have to wait till fall for the females.

Good luck all, be safe. I might go up to prattsville for the weekend or another archery 3D shoot. Took 1st out of 5 w/259, my score keeps creeping up 249 253 hope it continues! Love my Helium... Turkey season=excuse to scout for deer. :slow:

Be up with my Brother Sat-Mon. We have to lay the floor in the extension and that would complete the job. Putting down ambrosia Maple,

great looking floor with a lot of character. Yes we will be hunting every morning! Neighbor has picts of a Tom and Hen mating in the field across from me, taken about 3 weeks ago.

• Like 1

your doing something wrong. Wild turk is some of the best game meat out there?