A sad day for New York hunters

noodle one

I think that AR's are 100% needed in NY. I can understand why people wouldn't though. I hunt in 3J and i usually see at least 1 or 2 good bucks a year which is a lot better then people not seeing good bucks for years with our AR's.

So how much of the rest ofthe state have you hunted to foorm an opinion on how much the rest of the state needs it?

So how much of the rest ofthe state have you hunted to foorm an opinion on how much the rest of the state needs it?

I dont think the Adirondacks should have AR's at all and im on the wall for WNY, but i have hunted in multiple places in the southern tier in almost all county's and i believe it could only help. There are big bucks in places that don't have AR's but there are more smaller aged class bucks. I don't think that some people should be exempt from the rule like youth hunters and hunters over the age of 60.

You mean I can't kill a 1 1/2 year old buck and I may have to drive a little bit to be able to fill my DMP's, Archery either sex tag, muzzleloader either sex tag etc. My world is falling apart!!

With our long seasons and liberal bag limits if you can't fill your freezer and enjoy the hunting experience you may want to take up golf!

If hunting frustrates you.... Golf would be the last thing I would recommend.

• Like 1

LMAO :wild: Funny how when I talk about killing deer, guys feel the need to say they have killed so many more than me... And how I am no great hunter, and that I do bird watching, lmao... That was a good one. And in so far as you shooting more deer than I have ever seen that is the best one yet!!! Guese you have killed thousands...

Well lets see some of the deer you have killed, lets see some pictures. Stats. DO you really care what the other guy does that much??? I don't but you guys seem to care more than is needed about what the other guy does when he hunts... To each his own...

Hunting is about enjoying the outdoors and stalking deer for me. You can keep the bird watching to yourselves...

I swear most of you complaining are just women with a guys name to hide yourselves...

Now lets see another 10 pages of your complains while I go out shooting...

Life is too short get off your computer and get outside... xD Only a few more days!!!

PYSMF!!! GETSOME!!! BBG!!!

NFA, who the hell are you talking to and why are you spitting out abbreviations like RifleShartShot used to?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_Sparing_Modified_Fast

PSMF----- Something about hin ingesting Protein. who knows.

BBG from theurban dictionary---

bbg

beautiful baby girl. Used to describe anything cute/desirable. Widely used as a colloquial term between two females.

Girl 1: I love your sunskirt today!

Girl 2: Awwww thanks bbg!

So I guess I have no idea what he meant...lol

• Like 1

I am borred figured I would get doewacker and skillet going again, lmao... I enjoy his rants, lol... trying to get another 10 pagges of misspeling for them to complane abuout.

The abbreviations are for someone else to see... They understand which is all that matters...

Trolling trolling trolling... Keep that truck dog rolling! Just wanted to see how long it took for them to appear. 13 min total yes sir... Confirmed...

Wait steve took a little longer, get a life people... Do you sit on this site all day? Get outside some time it will help you anger issues...

Edited by NFA-ADK

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_Sparing_Modified_Fast

bbg

beautiful baby girl. Used to describe anything cute/desirable. Widely used as a colloquial term between two females.

ROFLMFAO

Lmnop qrst?

http://en.wikipedia....g_Modified_Fast

bbg

RSS was always talking about taking in protein LOL. not sure what kind???

There is nothing sad about the antler restriction program. Whats sad is that its not in effect for the entire state. NY could be just as good as the west, but the problem is the trigger happy gun hunters who refuse to let the 1.5 year old bucks walk. Shoot a doe instead. Whats wrong with that? Wouldnt you love to hang a 10 or 12 pointers head above your fireplace and tell everyone the story while your eating him? Well if you shoot him when hes a little four pointer (and very easy to kill), then you will never be able to do that. You might also want to re-consider your hunting strategies also. Sounds to me like the deer know your in the woods way before you do. I love hearing you all complain about never seeing deer, when its your own fault and you dont even realize it. My guess is that the deer know your coming the minute you step out the door. I think NY would be a much better place to hunt if there were bigger bucks and it would attract more people to the area. Know how much money the outfitters in Illinois make from hunting alone? Why do you think that is? Those guys let the 2.5 year old bucks walk and shoot lots of does. Thats the way to do it. That creates a much healthier herd and competition for breeding rights. In other words, spikes do not breed the does, big dominant bucks do. Bow season is the absolute best time to be in the woods also, so dont hate the player, hate the game. You become a much more intelligent hunter when you have a bow in your hand. Anybody can shoot a deer from 200 yards away with a rifle. There are tons of regulations for ocean fishing here in NY also and you know what, it has really made a huge difference.

There is nothing sad about the antler restriction program. Whats sad is that its not in effect for the entire state. NY could be just as good as the west, but the problem is the trigger happy gun hunters who refuse to let the 1.5 year old bucks walk. Shoot a doe instead. Whats wrong with that? Wouldnt you love to hang a 10 or 12 pointers head above your fireplace and tell everyone the story while your eating him? Well if you shoot him when hes a little four pointer (and very easy to kill), then you will never be able to do that. You might also want to re-consider your hunting strategies also. Sounds to me like the deer know your in the woods way before you do. I love hearing you all complain about never seeing deer, when its your own fault and you dont even realize it. My guess is that the deer know your coming the minute you step out the door. I think NY would be a much better place to hunt if there were bigger bucks and it would attract more people to the area. Know how much money the outfitters in Illinois make from hunting alone? Why do you think that is? Those guys let the 2.5 year old bucks walk and shoot lots of does. Thats the way to do it. That creates a much healthier herd and competition for breeding rights. In other words, spikes do not breed the does, big dominant bucks do. Bow season is the absolute best time to be in the woods also, so dont hate the player, hate the game. You become a much more intelligent hunter when you have a bow in your hand. Anybody can shoot a deer from 200 yards away with a rifle. There are tons of regulations for ocean fishing here in NY also and you know what, it has really made a huge difference.

I got it - "bow hunters good - gun hunters bad."

OK.

First - many gun hunters do not get an option of a doe tag.

Illinois does not have AR.

The AR they do not have cannot be the reason 2.5 bucks are passed.

Education is one way - the other is tightly restricted access with conditions that make it healthy for the landowners and guide's income - not the deer. A fawn sired by a 1.5 is as healthy as one sired to a 3.5 or older buck all else being equal.

The outfitters making money there and the other associated costs of being a "big buck state" keep a lot of locals from being able to hunt much of the local land. The outfitters make their money by tying up huge blocks of land for predominately out of state hunters.

And lastly not everyone wants a deer head hanging in the house. I have never measured or mounted a deer and never will - just doesn't appeal to me and I am not the only one. While my personal decision is to hold for older buck and take some doe's. I do this because my area has a herd that allows this. I not and tags/deer where limited, I would hunt differently.

Someone claiming AR is needed statewide as a blanket program - especially to make us like another different state - tells me that person is clueless to the what the statewide habitat and herd and hunter balance is like. They simply want it to be easier to kill a little older deer and want everyone else to support them in doing so regardless if the program they support is suitable or needed for any legitimate reason for the entire state.

• Like 1

There is nothing sad about the antler restriction program. Whats sad is that its not in effect for the entire state. NY could be just as good as the west, but the problem is the trigger happy gun hunters who refuse to let the 1.5 year old bucks walk.

Without getting deeper into the mudpit that AR discussions have become, I will only comment that those who think that simple answers and a philosophy that one-size-fits-all is a good approach to NYS deer management, probably have not invested a whole lot of time in understanding that this state is not one of homogeneous habitat, deer populations, herd conditions and hunting opportunities. Quick fixes and management philosophies that are not tailored to the unique features of localities are usually not really all that great an idea. AR does not belong all across the state. I'll leave it to others to discuss whether it is needed at all. But I do recognize that there are places in this state where AR regulations are akin to telling hunters of those areas that their license fee contributions are welcome, but basically you are not likely to find anything that is legal to shoot..... thanks for your money though.