send letters for crossbows in NY

Whats up with cats and people who own cross bows? Last yr we had 3 cats Here in Binghamton NY that were found running around with bolts in them and now today there is a story on Fox about a cat in California with a bolt in its head. Anyone else seeing anything where they live? Not the publicity we need.

post-358-131455438324_thumb.jpg

Whats up with cats and people who own cross bows? Last yr we had 3 cats Here in Binghamton NY that were found running around with bolts in them and now today there is a story on Fox about a cat in California with a bolt in its head. Anyone else seeing anything where they live? Not the publicity we need.

are kidding, i'll bet you dollars to dognuts that far more dogs and cats have been killed by guy's using vertical bows, have you been living under a rock, look at all the Canada geese walking around with regular arrows sticking out of them in the news papers every year...and who says that poor cat has a crossbow arrow in it, looks like a neatly cropped pic to hide both ends of the arrow doesnt it???? pooooey to your all crossbow owners are bad people theory!

Hey arrow..right theres living proof that even a crossbow cant always kill the game its after...and aim looks a little off too

I guess from my research ive conducted on the matter most bolts seemed to have come from handheld crossbows which would explain the lack of penetration. Which would make more sense, I doubt a shoulder fired crossbow shooting 300 fps would stick in a cat. With that amount of energy it would roll a cat pretty good and keep on going. And most were found to be from rotten kids who needed there azz beat.

Sit's I highly doubt the pics of the canadian geese are from hunting. Maybe someone tired of them crapping on thier lawn and sticking them with a field point. A bow at 60lbs with a broadhead can blow throught the ribs of a moose I highly doubt a goose would be much of a challenge for it. Though I do not speak from experience on the matter, never had the urge to shoot a goose with a bow. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke to Hunter Education in Albany about 2 weeks ago and they said that hopfully it was going to be posted on their web site sometime in June or July.  It will be on online form that you would fill out.

• 2 weeks later...

We got the info at our hunter ed refresher class lst week.  The training will be incorporated in the hunter ed gun program.  People who have already taken hunter ed will have some maerials to go over and fill out your own certificate saying you did.  People taking class after the implmentation date will have the instruction in class.  there is a 20 minute video on the introduction and safety issues.  That will be about it.

That’s only because the crossbows can only be used in the  gun and ml bow season. I would wait till the end of this month or the first  part of next when the DEC’s 5 year deer management comes out. Then we will find  out when cross- bows will be in the archery season. If I were going to bet on  when that’s going to happen I would bet the first year after the 5 year plan  ends. But it could happen after the 2 year trial.

Funny that the state is giving it in the hunter ed gun program I guess even they realize that crossbows are not archery equipment. :-\

Whats funny about it? Currently the crossbow has been stuck into gun season, so why would they add it into the archery class? It has nothing to do with your opinion of what it is or not. Once the crossbow becomes legal in archery season, they will move it to the archery class.