Live From the Stand 2012

WNYBuckHunter

I need to figure how to do what you guys are from the stand. Not sure how to post from my stand. I would like to post pics of my spot too. I sat from 6:30 AM till 10AM and it was a beautiful morning although I darned near froze to death. I forgot one of my gloves, and the frost was HEAVY. It was better than last night though with the wind pushing me around, snow flurries blowing all around me, and I FORGOT BOTH GLOVES............LOL! Man am I getting old.

Saw one spike about thirty years away, broadside but alert and out of my range. One deer not sure of it's sex, passing through the thick stuff, and then a young doe walked right up to my stand and past me quartered away. It was an easy shot but she was not for me this early in the season, and lives another day.

The best thing today was on my way down the hill back to the house I jumped a nice doe and a MASSIVE buck out of their beds together in the golden rod. He was as nice as any I have ever seen on my place and just seeing him made my morning. Hope to have him standing in the same spot that little doe was in at some point this season.

The cold sure had the deer active this morning. I saw thirteen including three bucks all within range. The bucks were two from last year and one two and a half. They were traveling together and fed in the beech section I was perched in. The two youngsters spent a little time sparring and it seemed to get the older buck fired up because he chased them around a little grunting just about every step. Made for an exciting morning. Never had a deer move through until the sun started hitting the forest floor and warming it up a little around 8:00. Get back out this evening.

Nada this a.m. was thinking it would be active with the cold night.... this evening had a 2.5 8pt come through with a doe he would not leave alone.... where are the bigguns!!?? If nothing tomorrow a.m. ill be going to the clover field so i can see double digit deer. Just sux the big boys never come out inthe same spot....

Daughter came for a visit yesterday at 4pm....she said there were at least a dozen deer standing in the lane way as they were driving up the hill...she didn't notice if any had racks.......Now the deer are filtering in next couple of weeks will have many buck sighting ...can't wait...Good Luck

Got out at 6 am. A little sprinkle here and there nothing to go in for. Had 8 does walk by my stand about 8 yrs away, had 2 bucks follow behind. A yearling spike and a small basket 6. Kicking myself in the ass for letting the 6 point walk and not drawing back. Stupid me!