Spare Arrows

DTG3k

3 Arrow quiver..two grim reaper razotips and one slick trick. Both tuned to shoot out of the bow. All for deer - I'm not out there to kill squirrels.

One thing I do suggest, as of late, is buying several dozen of the arrows you shoot, if you plan to keep the bow for a few years. Buying a half dozen or dozen can be nice on the wallet, but I have found that manufacturers are starting to keep make/models for shorter periods of time. I bought three dozen Epic STs last season to keep me afloat since they no longer make them. I don't want to have to resight and tune to a new arrow just because they stopped making it.

I buy them bareshaft off AT with all the parts once they go on sale from being discontinued. Cheap and I don't have to spend as much for complete shafts already done up...I can have them set up as needed.

Three arrows in the quiver .... all broadheads. If I can't get it done with three arrows, it's not likely that the deer would be waiting around for a fourth one. In fact if the first two don't do the job, it is likely that something is messed up on the bow, and it is time to head home to sort out the problem.

A miss on the first arrow .... well, unfortunately that does happen occasionally .... lol. Two misses, something is really wrong. And if you are missing so badly that the deer doesn't even realize you are shooting at him and hangs around for a third arrow, you might as well save that arrow and put some time in on the practice range to fix whatever has gone wrong.

I have a 6 arrow quiver . I have 2 Rage II blades , 2 Swhacker heads and 2 target tip arrows . I shoot the target tipped arrow from the stand to test my bow and see if anything has been jarred loose . I do NOT use the target tips for hunting and have yet to find anything in the Regs that say it is illegal to take them when hunting .

Normally I would have 4 Rage II blades but thought I might give the Swhackers a try .

I have 6 broad heads and one judo. 3 are woodsmen elites 3 blade and 3 are Simmons land sharks 2 blades.

What I don't under stand is I went from a 125 Grn to a 175grn and didn't change a thing. They all seem to shoot the same. Didn't have to move anything around not that i have to move much on my bow. I carry the judo just incase a rabbit or grouse comes buy. They are some good eats.

Three arrows in my quiver. Believe it or not, they are Beman 400's tipped with 75 grain muzzys. It has always worked for me all the way back to the aluminum arrow days, til I finally switched to carbon after years of saying no way. All I know is that at 39 yards, they still pass through the deer and leave a nice blood trail. Usually have a slam dunk of 20 yards or less, but it is nice to know that they perform under field conditions at longer distances.

Last year (my first year) I carried a full quiver. (2 rage, 2 magnus stingers, 2 blunt tips) Seeing how the only ones I've shot were against squirrels (and missed I might add) I find most of them unncessary. Now I only carry 2 arrows. 1 rage and 1 Montec G5 in case I lose on in the middle of the hunt or the deer miraculously gives me a second shot.