not seeing any deer

hunterjohn

has anyone ran in to this before im not seeing daylight movement my camera is blowing up at night tons of mature does... they are coming in to my stand around 515 pm

do you thing its because of the 3/4 moon? whats your thoughts on this driving me crazy

been sitting 6 to 10 am 830 to 1230pm and 100 to dark and not seeing any movement

seems to be across the board right now with guys sayin the same thing in different regions.. moon phase is NOT favorable right now into this weekend, but next week starting monday night/tuesday day its "supposed" to be a favorable moon phase for a few days , we'll see what happens with guys reporting sightings the next 5 days or so, but then again, it is november and the rut is going to kick in sooner or later within the next week and a half depending on where you are... so, i've been keeping record of my hunts with wind direction/speed, moon phase, time of hunt, temp,and date.. etc .... just curious if i catch any significance in a couple seasons relating to each other, other than what i've already accrued mentally during my career.. we'll see, whatever happens, its the woods, anything can happen, and thats why i LOVE it...

I have never been one to rely soley on the rut. I like food sources .... apples, acorns, wild grapes, etc. The problem this year is that there are no acorns at all (not even the red oaks) and the early high temperatures in the spring forced apple blossoms out and then hammered them with repeated heavy frosts ....... so, no apples. So basically, deer are pretty much wandering all over the place, picking up leaves, and hanging out after dark on people's lawns. We have no agriculture at all here in the valley. Patterns are very random this year. Hardly any deer at all up on the hill at all. So it has been a pretty strange year trying to catch up to them all. Also, buck sign has been very limited. I've actually found more scrapes than rubs, and not really a whole lot of those. And yet, I have seen enough deer that I am convinced there is a pile of them out there. So I just keep plugging along looking for a little luck ..... lol

My sightings have been at 1/3 the level as usual years. We lost apples this year as well. I do not have producing oaks. And any corn or ag is a ways from me. They may be there!! I see the sign they are around at night though. I have not seen one fresh rub! Have seen some scrapes but none being hit a lot. Weird year, it was an easy winter I now there are a bunch out there.

Doc down here in 3k i had a plentiful crop of acorns but the cleaned the whole wood out set the camera out the other night and had some 30 pictures of what i could tell 6 to 8 differnt mature does only a couple young does no buck. but this morning i have a decent 6 on a steady cruise as if he were chasing with nothing infront of him... so its promising im holding out on the big 8 i missed 4 weeks ago. he was seen couple houses down at 3 pm so he is still in the area!! i have 10 days left to my vacation so i will be reporting back on what im seeing...

I'm in the same boat here in 9k, 2 days ago was my last sighting until this morning. 2 doe worked there way down in front of me, hit a twig and arrow buries in the ground at the does feet.She jumps and just walks back the way she came, then stood there about 10 min. Then i can see them move off and through a break in the trees I see 6 doe pass.I hear a loud grunt ,then all hell breaks loose , I see bodies flying everywhich way through the trees but never got a look at the buck. The farmer cut the 80 acres of standing corn next to me yesterday, so I think the corn field was holding a lot of deer for bedding. Its gets better here on in.

I have never been one to rely soley on the rut. I like food sources .... apples, acorns, wild grapes, etc. The problem this year is that there are no acorns at all (not even the red oaks) and the early high temperatures in the spring forced apple blossoms out and then hammered them with repeated heavy frosts ....... so, no apples. So basically, deer are pretty much wandering all over the place, picking up leaves, and hanging out after dark on people's lawns. We have no agriculture at all here in the valley. Patterns are very random this year. Hardly any deer at all up on the hill at all. So it has been a pretty strange year trying to catch up to them all. Also, buck sign has been very limited. I've actually found more scrapes than rubs, and not really a whole lot of those. And yet, I have seen enough deer that I am convinced there is a pile of them out there. So I just keep plugging along looking for a little luck ..... lol

Ive seen sort of the same thing, more scrapes and less rubs this year.

Was in Port Jervis, and we were seeing lots of deer. The woods are loaded with oaks and acorns are more abundant than I can remember in a long time. It's strange how were loaded in Orange county, but Western, NY didn't produce as well. Saw a ten pointer last week, not 50 yards in front of me, nose to the ground, didn't care if I followed him or not. I followed him about 200 yards to the top of the knoll, and watched him head down to the area below, bobbing and weaving, smelling everything. It's a gun club, so no bows there, but will be ready next Saturday for the opener. Also, kicked up a few does, just browsing. I love to sit in my stand, but I seem to always see more deer walking AND still have a shot at em.

Hey Steve 863 , went ouy this morning , kicked up 1 deer walking in . It poured until 930 ,i was wet at 8 , came out and put the doe in the freezer that I got yesterday. Its been real slow , couple doe and 6pt yesterday , nothing this evening. I have to head home for 2 days to take care of a few loose ends before I leave again for a few more days of bow then gun. Where do you hunt? What I'm seeing or not seeing is about the same as everybody else. I hope things kick in Tuesday ,I need a buck to finish out bow season.

Hunt 8h North of 5/20. It had been real slow.I put in lots of time saw 6 or 7 nice bucks at distance , very few young bucks, even less doe was a weird year.

UNTILL last thur. morning 17-20 deer by 8:00 bucks running does all over grunting,necks streched out, it was nuts.

fri. 10 deer by 9;00 or so 2 bucks ran in after my friend grunted.

yesterday ZZZZ........ back to normal !

In westchester, they're moving pretty good, but not the mature bucks. It's really not the full rut, only see the small guys out looking. Saw a three, 3 different spikes, and a four or better, but not really chasing them like they normally would during the rut. The way it looks, it'll probably be late this week, which will fit right into the rifle season opener in Orange county.