Average 6pt?

Lawdwaz

I shot this buck on Saturday around 9:45am. He came out of the pines to my north east and was heading south west at a slow walk. I watched him for probably 30-45 seconds before the shot. Perfect quartering on shot at about 60 yards, standing. He ran to about 17 yards from me and dropped.

I pulled the jaw and will have him aged by the DEC people at some point as he is certainly not a young buck. He dressed out at 182lbs and had an 18" inside spread.

These big bastards are really a pain in the azz to haul around. The normal hoist with the crappy thin nylon line isn't the best thing for getting a buck this big off the ground. The meat yielded from this kept my wife and I busy for hours.

I used my NULA 50cal smokeless gun with Parker bullets. Shot him in Canadice.

IMG_3621.jpg

IMG_3603.jpg

Here is a pic of my buck on the right with my buddies 10pt, also shot the first day with a LH NULA smokeless!

IMG_3635.jpg

We had a great day!

• Like 2

Nice bucks, congratulations. Here is a trail cam pic a 6 pt on my property in Canadice. Looks similar to one you shot. Your buddy's 10 pt looks very similar to some trail cam pics I have also, but I think there are a lot of bucks in the area with same genetic traits.

post-755-0-42586700-1352858656_thumb.jpg

Nice bucks, congratulations. Here is a trail cam pic a 6 pt on my property in Canadice. Looks similar to one you shot. Your buddy's 10 pt looks very similar to some trail cam pics I have also, but I think there are a lot of bucks in the area with same genetic traits.

That looks like the same buck to me, look at the brows, and the sizes of the G2s.

Great bucks. Some deer just dont have the genetics. My area is commong with this. My 4pt was aged at 2.5 years old by DEC. At 3.5 he probably would have been 6 or 7 pts at most.

Don't want to hijack this thread, but if someone from the DEC aged your buck at 2.5, they are not very good at aging deer. Just no way that your buck is older than 1.5. Nothing wrong with killing such a buck, just saying that I've seen PLENTY of buck like yours over the years, and they were no older than 1.5 years.

• Like 2

Congrats!!! Its def older than 1.5 but there in lies the problem of point restrictions if it was 4 on a side this buck would pass on those genes till it died a natural death or is poached. I had a buck on camera that was a wide 4pt for at least 3 years on camera, the last year he was alive he was a 20 in wide with 18in beams and bases over 4 in spike!. was aged at 6.5 years old ..neighbors nephews got him that year. pics didn't lie was the same deer!, just bad genitics again in an area of high buck harvest it there were point restrictions he would of been untouchable... better off just looking for a mature deer the heck with points or spread!

• Like 1

After reading WNYBuckHunter's post and taking another look, it could be him.

Where in Canadice is your land? You can PM me the info. if you'd like.