Backtags and backpacks..

wooly

Just a curiosity question for you guys that try to follow the rules to the letter.

I believe the NYS regulations book states the backtag must be displayed on the center of your back.

I'm assuming this also means it needs to be visable and not 3 layers deep,lol

My guess is this might be a case of impropper display of a tag, and possibly a violation?

PRMS0018.jpg

I myself would think that as long as it is on your back and you can produce it if asked then it would be at the discretion of the officer.

My hood from my jacket has always covered my tag , only one that has ever pointed that out to me was the trespasser last week

But your not keeping the backpack on the whole time hunting so do you then have to put on your jacket?

Edited by paula

Isn't that weird that you are required to display a back tag in one part of the state but not the other? What do you suppose is the reasoning for that? You would think that it either serves a purpose or it doesn't regardless of what area of the state you are in. If it doesn't really serve a legitimate purpose, then it would have to go under the category of arbitrary hunter harrassment by the DEC.....lol.

Isn't that weird that you are required to display a back tag in one part of the state but not the other? What do you suppose is the reasoning for that? You would think that it either serves a purpose or it doesn't regardless of what area of the state you are in. If it doesn't really serve a legitimate purpose, then it would have to go under the category of arbitrary hunter harrassment by the DEC.....lol.

now that you say that, wasn't this talked about last yr?

now that you say that, wasn't this talked about last yr?

I seem to recall someone mentioning that they didn't have to wear a backtag in the Northern Zone, but I don't think anyone explained why. Or the better question ..... why do we have to wear it down here in the Southern Zone.

Isn't that weird that you are required to display a back tag in one part of the state but not the other? What do you suppose is the reasoning for that?

Baby steps Doc, beginning in 2013, all licenced hunters in NY will be required to know how to count to 10 without taking their socks off!

Only then will all those #'s make any sence in the NZ.

Untill then, they'll just have to rely on shaking down the family tree to catch a few nuts! :kissing::friends:

Mine is always on my backpack not so much cause I am worried about being visible but my backpack is always with me on every hunt and depending on weather I am always wearing a different outer jacket and I know I would forget to take it off from one to another or even misplace for that matter.