favorite shotgun

monkeyman2269

A friend of mine had this and gave it to me. An old Winchester 1400 12 ga. It started life as a trap gun, the barrel got bent somehow. The barrel was cut off at 18 1/4 "Sooth bore with a bushnell scope. My friend told me it was accurate to 75 yds. 4 years ago when I recieved it I bench tested using Winchester Super X rifled slugs at 75 yds 5 shots in a 3" group on the money. Every season since I go to the gun club and shoot 3 slugs, there has been no change.7 Deer in 4 seasons. This is short for in the woods and very accurate. My favorite

I have the Marlin 512 Slug Gun which has done me well. I bought the 870 Slug Gun for my son years ago. Another gun good. I have the Winchester 1300 for Upland and love it. ( Ihave an Urgetecha Spanish Double Side by Side 12 Ga. but for hunting I favor the Winchhester 1300. Years ago I had a Stevens Pump 20 Ga in Modified choke. It was a fine gun, regretted trading it ever since.

I had an 870, it was nice, but not worth the price I paid for it. I sold it to fund my Encore build earlier this year. I have a 12 ga and a 20 ga Mossberg 500. The 12 is a gun thats in horrible shape, and I was given. One of these days its going to be torn down and resurrected. The 20 was my first gun and has killed many deer. I am planning to put a new deer barrel on it next year, and set it up with a red dot. I also have a Charles Daly 12 ga semi. Its an inexpensive gun, and isnt the prettiest gun out there, but it handles great, and just plain works. If I could come up with a slug barrel, the Mossberg would go in the safe for good.