First deer!

Elmo

Doewhacker,

then maybe you should keep your jokes to eachother instead of a public forum where people may get offended. have a great holiday and happy hunting...what these forums are actually for.

Speaking of which, did you bother to congradulate Elmo on his first kill or just decide to try to start stuff for no reason.

Hey Steve863,

What if the wife is actually the person helping her husband drag the deer out of the woods, even though it's his third for the season and she's been sitting every morning and night possible and hardly seeing anything but was nice enough to stop her hunt to help him drag, gut, and process his deer? Maybe you shouldn't always jump to conclusions or find someone that's more than just a "ball and chain"

Just a thought....

OK, next time me or Doe kill something we will send our GPS coordinates to you. We fully expect you to come out and give us a helping hand. Maybe that will get us to stop our "ball and chain" jokes.

• Like 1

First, I want to thank everyone for their congratulatory remarks. I truly feel lucky to have so much support from this forum family.

Second, I want to say that I met Shawn through this forum on a squirrel hunt get-together. While I don't agree with some of his tactics and he doesn't agree with some of my tactics, we agreed to a set of guidelines that we would both follow when we do hunt together. The result was my first deer. So rather than focus on each others differences, and focus instead on similarities, there would be less bickering (and more deer) in our hunting community.

PS: We also save a ton of gas by carpooling.

Edited by Elmo
  • Like 3

Best story I forgot to mention. I had bought along on of those giant heavy duty garbage bags to stuff the deer into but it barely covered half her body. So I called my uncle, told him I about the deer and asked if he can drive up with more garbage bags. He said it'll take him hours to get there from where he's at and suggested I go to the nearest house and ask them for bags. I'm thinking...here I am covered in blood, knocking on someone's door in the middle of the night, asking for garbage bags so I can stuff a body into it. Visualizing that each time makes me laugh.

• Like 2

Best story I forgot to mention. I had bought along on of those giant heavy duty garbage bags to stuff the deer into but it barely covered half her body. So I called my uncle, told him I about the deer and asked if he can drive up with more garbage bags. He said it'll take him hours to get there from where he's at and suggested I go to the nearest house and ask them for bags. I'm thinking...here I am covered in blood, knocking on someone's door in the middle of the night, asking for garbage bags so I can stuff a body into it. Visualizing that each time makes me laugh.

That shouldn't have been an issue, Elmo..

You're obviously not Italian......

• Like 1

Well you know, I am giddy like a kid right now.

I have shot a lot of game animals.....(also started as an adult and pretty much on my own)

I still remember that first one everytime I go afield, and I can still get that pumped almost 25 years later.

If it ever leaves I am done with it, but I actually think I appreciate it more now.

• Like 2

Back at the office today. Telling all my work buddies that know I hunt my story. Getting so many request for venison, I might have to take another before the season ends. It's like they know I'm in such a good mood right now, that I'm so generous.

Back at the office today. Telling all my work buddies that know I hunt my story. Getting so many request for venison, I might have to take another before the season ends. It's like they know I'm in such a good mood right now, that I'm so generous.

I'm never too generous in giving it away. One deer doesn't go a long way and then you end up with little or nothing for yourself. Some people think you get a couple of hundred pounds of meat from a deer, which is definitely NOT the case. It will go real fast, I can assure you if you are too generous. Your first deer especially, you should savor most of all for yourself!

• Like 1

Cool story and well earned congrats.

Pretty neat to share the day with a friend.

Curious, what tactics do you two differ on that are so apart from one another that could impact (or perceived as impact) the other? How many deer have you and Shawnhu shot so far? Please know that I am not trying to bring up negative aspects - just wondering as it's a learning opportunity to see how two people hunt together with differing ideals. That's a problem nearly every hunter has had with a friend or relative at some point.

Edited by phade